PC Gaming News

Poll: What HA FotM build is annoying/frustrating you the most right now?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 66
  1. #11
    Heroway.

    There's way too much of it, and on top of that, it's no fun to play against. TBH, I'd rather play against a PUG IWAY.

  2. #12
    I don't really think that "Heroway" is a build, as Heros can be customized to play nearly any build. "Heroway" just means using heroes that can play any build. Right?

  3. #13
    Yes, you're right heroway isnt a build its a pest that destroyed competetive arena.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse With Wound View Post
    Yes, you're right heroway isnt a build its a pest that destroyed competetive arena.
    Exactly, I can't wait until GvG even turns into an RTS based upon how well players can micro their heroes. Wouldn't that be funny to see?

    "Congratulations to The Last Pride [EviL]: Last of Master, Bloodlight Eyes, Koss, Dunkaro, Zhed, Norgu, Tahlkora, Acolyte Jin."

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn Effer View Post
    Exactly, I can't wait until GvG even turns into an RTS based upon how well players can micro their heroes. Wouldn't that be funny to see?

    "Congratulations to The Last Pride [EviL]: Last of Master, Bloodlight Eyes, Koss, Dunkaro, Zhed, Norgu, Tahlkora, Acolyte Jin."
    Hero'es will not have the effect on gvg that it does on HA. Simply because gvg is only done because you have a guild full of players you want to play with. Hero Ascent has been crap since febuary of 2006. People had a choice between playing in a HA pug or playing with the AI. Most people don't want to "pug" so they chose the AI. Its not even about farming fame. Its simple a preference and a common fact that no one but a very small few actually like the old ha. Now people have a choice to gvg with guildies or gvg with the AI. Most people chose guildies.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowleaf View Post
    Searing Flames is more common than VIMway was a few weeks ago I dare say! It's really unbalancing to the point where you should probably have Mantra of Flame on your Monks.
    We've been running Mantra of Flame with superb results. It's useful on pretty much every map, most importantly the Hall itself.

    And yet I don't see much of a problem with the preeminence of flame builds. At last elementalists can apply this new thing called pressure. That's never been in their lexicon before, by jove. That was the sole property of warriors. Elementalists were always wrist cutters (EMo Prodigy heal/wards), flashbots, some other kind of warder, or yet another kind of warder.


    Hero'es will not have the effect on gvg that it does on HA. Simply because gvg is only done because you have a guild full of players you want to play with.
    Believe it or not, HA used to consist of teams FULL of players who wanted to play with each other until you GvGers voted in the 6v6 nerf.
    Last edited by Tristan Chapin; 04-11-2006 at 12:21.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuzzman View Post
    Hero'es will not have the effect on gvg that it does on HA. Simply because gvg is only done because you have a guild full of players you want to play with. Hero Ascent has been crap since febuary of 2006. People had a choice between playing in a HA pug or playing with the AI. Most people don't want to "pug" so they chose the AI. Its not even about farming fame. Its simple a preference and a common fact that no one but a very small few actually like the old ha. Now people have a choice to gvg with guildies or gvg with the AI. Most people chose guildies.
    I'm sorry but you completely missed my point. I was being fatuitous and rhetorical. I've been in top 20 guilds since early beta, believe me - I know. Teams of Heroes are never going to beat teams of full (at least decent) guilds. Also, I hate to give you a reality check but.. Don't pretend that you know what people want, most people don't even know what they want themselves - how would you? I mean, you could assume this is the way people feel... but to actually say that it is, now thats just a little wrong.

    Now, just a little extra: This thread is about annoying HA builds, or use of bots can be grouped into this... So, I'm not going to venture off topic too far. The entire debate here with people is this:

    Heroes are not players.
    Henchmen are not players.
    Humans are players.
    Humans are now a minority to Heroes and Henchmen.

    This concludes HA is no longer a PvP arena, but with the added AI support and majority then it is in fact as much of a PvE area as Sorrow's Furnace. Very few differences actually, in PvE you get gold and item drops. Well, I guess you can still do that in HA (chest after hall win), but the relative association to this in HA is fame and faction gained. Actual good players have always and will always be more effective than AI in both PvE and PvP, but by very definition PvP should be the players verses players, not players verses player+heroes.

    I think I've gotten my point across, no need to continue.
    Last edited by Djinn Effer; 04-11-2006 at 16:35.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn Effer View Post
    I'm sorry but you completely missed my point. I was being fatuitous and rhetorical. I've been in top 20 guilds since early beta, believe me - I know. Teams of Heroes are never going to beat teams of full (at least decent) guilds. Also, I hate to give you a reality check but.. Don't pretend that you know what people want, most people don't even know what they want themselves - how would you? I mean, you could assume this is the way people feel... but to actually say that it is, now thats just a little wrong.

    Now, just a little extra: This thread is about annoying HA builds, or use of bots can be grouped into this... So, I'm not going to venture off topic too far. The entire debate here with people is this:

    Heroes are not players.
    Henchmen are not players.
    Humans are players.
    Humans are now a minority to Heroes and Henchmen.

    This concludes HA is no longer a PvP arena, but with the added AI support and majority then it is in fact as much of a PvE area as Sorrow's Furnace. Very few differences actually, in PvE you get gold and item drops. Well, I guess you can still do that in HA (chest after hall win), but the relative association to this in HA is fame and faction gained. Actual good players have always and will always be more effective than AI in both PvE and PvP, but by very definition PvP should be the players verses players, not players verses player+heroes.

    I think I've gotten my point across, no need to continue.
    Unfortuently I don't really need to have ESP to tell you that heroway is run every 7 out of 10 matches. Now lets recap. Players will never hero way in gvg if the heroes where even better then players. Too much respect for playing as a team in gvg to even bring heroes. I can honestly say that the mass majority do gvg because its fun. The hard cores like us will want to win, but most just do it for fun. Fun to them is simply playing with their guildies. You have nothing like that in hero ascent. Nothing close. The average pug even in a fame farming build has the average life span of 2 runs, and thats assuming that they win. There is no having fun with random noobs who you don't want to play with who are liable to do the very stupid things that gets on your nerves in ra. While ha may have not been designed for the intent of the hard cores and hard cores only, what can a man do if he doesn't have friends online or guildies and still want to ha? Ask for r3+ and hopes they don't disband after the first game? And I know this is not Anet problem but it sure as hell became yours because that same person don't need a group of r3+ to have his fun in ha now. And from the looks of it your even surprised that he chose heroes over waiting around for competent players who seem to be in short supply. Yep I wonder how many months you spent thinking to yourself its "not my problem you can't get into a group make some friends (add your noun)". Karma is a ***** ain't it?

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuzzman View Post
    Unfortuently I don't really need to have ESP to tell you that heroway is run every 7 out of 10 matches. Now lets recap. Players will never hero way in gvg if the heroes where even better then players. Too much respect for playing as a team in gvg to even bring heroes. I can honestly say that the mass majority do gvg because its fun. The hard cores like us will want to win, but most just do it for fun. Fun to them is simply playing with their guildies. You have nothing like that in hero ascent. Nothing close. The average pug even in a fame farming build has the average life span of 2 runs, and thats assuming that they win. There is no having fun with random noobs who you don't want to play with who are liable to do the very stupid things that gets on your nerves in ra. While ha may have not been designed for the intent of the hard cores and hard cores only, what can a man do if he doesn't have friends online or guildies and still want to ha? Ask for r3+ and hopes they don't disband after the first game? And I know this is not Anet problem but it sure as hell became yours because that same person don't need a group of r3+ to have his fun in ha now. And from the looks of it your even surprised that he chose heroes over waiting around for competent players who seem to be in short supply. Yep I wonder how many months you spent thinking to yourself its "not my problem you can't get into a group make some friends (add your noun)". Karma is a ***** ain't it?
    Its funny you keep quoting me, of all people. Want me to point out something mind shattering to you?

    YOU ARE EXTREMELY BIASED!

    Get that? Okay. Let me explain: First you say GvG is sacred because people like playing with their guildies.

    So there, you are clearly taking the side of well established players with guilds. Later, you come to say that HA is (insert random nastiness) because people don't have guilds or friends!

    Wow, wow wow wow.. You do realize... GvG would be just as bad if you tried to pug it, right?

    Its the same exact thing! Without a guild or friends you arn't going to get very ****ing far. Its Guild Wars, not Solo Wars: You are meant to play with a guild, you are meant to socialize and meet people. You are meant to help build and improve the community! Thats all ANet ever wanted.

    So why is HA any different than GvG? HA people had guilds, some HA people played HA just because they enjoyed it and HA people with guilds did generally do better than those without.

    Try this if you will: Find people whom you have never met before in your life (in-game, not real life) and invite them to your guild or guest them to GvG with you. Only you. No other guildies. You are then playing the role of a person in HA forming a pug group.

    Let me know how that goes, dear.

    (Unless you want to admit that I'm right, in which case I'll tell you now that the result will be catastrophic failure.)

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn Effer View Post
    Its funny you keep quoting me, of all people. Want me to point out something mind shattering to you?

    YOU ARE EXTREMELY BIASED!

    Get that? Okay. Let me explain: First you say GvG is sacred because people like playing with their guildies.

    So there, you are clearly taking the side of well established players with guilds. Later, you come to say that HA is (insert random nastiness) because people don't have guilds or friends!

    Wow, wow wow wow.. You do realize... GvG would be just as bad if you tried to pug it, right?

    Its the same exact thing! Without a guild or friends you arn't going to get very ****ing far. Its Guild Wars, not Solo Wars: You are meant to play with a guild, you are meant to socialize and meet people. You are meant to help build and improve the community! Thats all ANet ever wanted.

    So why is HA any different than GvG? HA people had guilds, some HA people played HA just because they enjoyed it and HA people with guilds did generally do better than those without.

    Try this if you will: Find people whom you have never met before in your life (in-game, not real life) and invite them to your guild or guest them to GvG with you. Only you. No other guildies. You are then playing the role of a person in HA forming a pug group.

    Let me know how that goes, dear.

    (Unless you want to admit that I'm right, in which case I'll tell you now that the result will be catastrophic failure.)
    Wow you really have an understanding for the games purpose, but then again it is call ed GUILDwars no PUGwars, even though to grind off 3 or 4 faction Ill do a pug every once in a while

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •