PC Gaming News

Poll: What HA FotM build is annoying/frustrating you the most right now?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    sumx, you're fairly close, but some skills are off...

But yeah... iQ ran a build with 2 paragons (totally different skills). I checked paragon skills and adapted running 2 bunnies with more holding power and different paragons.

I got about 1800 fame out of this build in the last 10 hours. I can say that i've abused it enough, and there are very simple counters to it... Vocal minority?

Every noob is running it, and they will get over the fact that the reason my team won were the r11ish monks ><

amazingly off topic from me i know, but where have u got team builder with the new skills from ? latest one from the site is 0.6.6 and its not got the new stuff on yet. cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by projection View Post
    sumx, you're fairly close, but some skills are off...

But yeah... iQ ran a build with 2 paragons (totally different skills). I checked paragon skills and adapted running 2 bunnies with more holding power and different paragons.

I got about 1800 fame out of this build in the last 10 hours. I can say that i've abused it enough, and there are very simple counters to it... Vocal minority?

Every noob is running it, and they will get over the fact that the reason my team won were the r11ish monks ><
    well, i ran this build with henchway a while now (oh yes, despise me, i don't care), we changed the "incoming!" para to be a restoration para screamer, too, with slightly different skills (mending refrain etc) but the same elite. the pure volume of spamable restoration skills is incredible, health almost never drops under 90%.
    the monk has incredible amounts of energy, allowing him to spam prot spirit etc, spirit bond etc. making you almost unspikeable due to a lack of enchant removal in HA these days.

but god help you, if you fight another team like this. happened to us (we: henchway: they r9+ peopleway) we fought for 30 minutes then we rolled a dice and we resigned.
    as more and more ppl play this build, this becomes an issue: the build lacks damage big time, 2 thumpers are not enough.
    Last edited by SumXone; 06-11-2006 at 22:53.

i know, that's why you make a rollover build for that build and make a lot of fame.

2 Domination Mesmer, 2 Thumper, 2 Monk = GG that build and most other ****, or hex degen rapes it too.

Quote Originally Posted by SumXone View Post
    but god help you, if you fight another team like this. happened to us (we: henchway: they r9+ peopleway) we fought for 30 minutes then we rolled a dice and we resigned.
    That happened to us too, we won though. It wasn't you though, I think they were full peopleway too.

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn Effer View Post
    I'm sorry but you completely missed my point. I was being fatuitous and rhetorical. I've been in top 20 guilds since early beta, believe me - I know. Teams of Heroes are never going to beat teams of full (at least decent) guilds. Also, I hate to give you a reality check but.. Don't pretend that you know what people want, most people don't even know what they want themselves - how would you? I mean, you could assume this is the way people feel... but to actually say that it is, now thats just a little wrong.

Now, just a little extra: This thread is about annoying HA builds, or use of bots can be grouped into this... So, I'm not going to venture off topic too far. The entire debate here with people is this:

Heroes are not players.
    Henchmen are not players.
    Humans are players.
    Humans are now a minority to Heroes and Henchmen.

This concludes HA is no longer a PvP arena, but with the added AI support and majority then it is in fact as much of a PvE area as Sorrow's Furnace. Very few differences actually, in PvE you get gold and item drops. Well, I guess you can still do that in HA (chest after hall win), but the relative association to this in HA is fame and faction gained. Actual good players have always and will always be more effective than AI in both PvE and PvP, but by very definition PvP should be the players verses players, not players verses player+heroes.

I think I've gotten my point across, no need to continue.
    I completely agree with Wuzzman. If someone needs reality check it is you.

I actually went to HA today and played it for the first time... more than a year later after i bought this game. We got crushed, but w/e - we played for fun and not for fame and privilege of calling eachother noobs. Thanks to heroes that is.

Comparing Heroway to any kind of PvE is rediculous. Well, it's understandable for that someone could forget how easy and systematic PvE play is.

In PvE all you need to do is send in your wammos and the Monks heal people from the back. Usually, nothing rushes back and spikes the Monks. They just pound on the wammos. Also, the PvE mobs rarely have healers, and if they do, they're really easy to kill.

You also don't need anything but straight DPS.

So like I said, comparing heroway to PvE is stupid.

Why is this even an issue anyway? For you elite rank 9+ been playing since beta know everything about guild wars, who cares, you can flawless any heroway team. Don't say you can't, because my team of recently converted WoW raiders always flawless the "one pump chumps" as we call them (The glyph of sac meteor showering searing flames heroways)

So who cares? These guys would be in a PuG if heroway wasn't availible and you would flawless the PuG instead.
    Last edited by Shadowleaf; 07-11-2006 at 16:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowleaf View Post
    Comparing Heroway to any kind of PvE is rediculous. Well, it's understandable for that someone could forget how easy and systematic PvE play is.

In PvE all you need to do is send in your wammos and the Monks heal people from the back. Usually, nothing rushes back and spikes the Monks. They just pound on the wammos. Also, the PvE mobs rarely have healers, and if they do, they're really easy to kill.

You also don't need anything but straight DPS.

So like I said, comparing heroway to PvE is stupid.

Why is this even an issue anyway? For you elite rank 9+ been playing since beta know everything about guild wars, who cares, you can flawless any heroway team. Don't say you can't, because my team of recently converted WoW raiders always flawless the "one pump chumps" as we call them (The glyph of sac meteor showering searing flames heroways)

So who cares? These guys would be in a PuG if heroway wasn't availible and you would flawless the PuG instead.
    you are right.
    but some people need the ego boost of defeating 6 ppl. 2 ppl will not feed their ego enough. i mean defeating real ppl in a computergame is better than anything!!!11

back to topic:

the new 2p 2r/w 2mo team is definetively the most annoying.
    they can't even take the alter, they have to rely on luck (team leaves hero alone on alter) or the other team (henchway clears the alter for them). i have never seen such a team get the alter in a real fight.
    and THAT is, why even henchway can play it. there is absolutely no skill involved playing it, the monks have infinite energy, everyone gets healed for 100hp all 3-4 seconds, the thumpers just lay fertile and thump the most annoying enemy player.

and yet, ppl who farm their fame with this incredible easy build will call themselfes "Pro". and of course they never used iway or spiritspam to get their rank, instead they used this even more easy build. hall jumps + luck = holding for hours.

a truly lame build.

I closed the last heroway thread because it got out of hand. Don't turn this into another heroway thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SumXone

the new 2p 2r/w 2mo team is definetively the most annoying.
    they can't even take the alter, they have to rely on luck (team leaves hero alone on alter) or the other team (henchway clears the alter for them). i have never seen such a team get the alter in a real fight.
    I'll agree on this for most of the points, but for a different reason I find it annoying.

Simply because the way to beat it is a couple necro skills, but so few use them in HA. Just having one of the necro anti-shout skills almost wrecks this build. Sadly these skills have little use beyond just shutting down paragons.