PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Last Mission Help *spoilers*

I had a pretty rough time of it last night on this one. Tried several PUGs and tried it with henchies. Each time we'd make it though about 3 cycles before getting the damage just caught up with us.

I see plenty of you out there with end-game armor, can you give me a little advice once party builds and strats. Suggested hero monk set-ups would be helpful since it seems like the healing just stops after a couple rounds.

Thanks!

I did it with heroes and henchies - take at least one Monk hero along and give them Extinguish to deal with the mass Daze. In fact, go monk heavy if you want - 3 or 4 monks works fine, as long as you can kill the mobs.

Don't be afraid of death - you get extremely frequent morale boosts, have every human player bring a Sunspear Rebirth Signet and have every hero bring a res sig (except for your monk - have him bring Restore Life or another good repeatable combat-res). Just keep plugging away at it and you'll get it.

Also, it's simplest to kill the mobs on the right, then the left, and then the center - for some reason it seems that trying to go right, left, center doesn't work as well aggro-wise. Make sure to get all of your players out of aggro range of the center each time they respawn before they show up, so that you don't have the center ones beating on you while you're trying to kill the sides.

Extinguish isn't a bad idea, but I found one better:

Make Koss a W/P and give him Cautery Signet. Every 15 seconds, he can remove all conditions from your party.

And it's cast time isn't affected by daze.

Thanks! Does lightbringer's gaze do anything to the Big Guy himself?

GWOnline.Net Member
    yeh it does about 40-50 damage

Yes, definitely bring Lightbringer's Gaze on every party member who can use it. There's enough time in each window of vulnerability to cast it twice, assuming you do the first cast at the beginning of the window or near it. It does quite a good amount of damage to him relative to the cast time.

GWOnline.Net Member
    i took heroes and henchies too for a second time around and went flawlessly. you just have to remember that after abbadon goes back to hiding run and order your henchies back to the center entrance ramp wait for the ... whatever those monsters spawn and start over again working your way back in. and kill those torment claws. if you see one spawn drop whatever your doing and kill em. um... lets see.. i took dunkoro and tak both with holy viel, i made dunokoro take blessed light. and i took zhed made him a e/mo with purge signit and heal party and extinguish. and depending if your a paragon or not, take the motivation hench for some energy regen and condition removal too. but ... aslong as u remember not to rush it and keep going back to that center ramp after abbadon retreats it should take 5 abbadon spawns and he dies. so. gl and hf!

Thanks all! Martyr did the job nicely. That and taking the hard rez away from my silly hero monks!

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

We got masters at this on the first time we tried it on Sunday, we had absolutely no idea what it would be like lol. Nobody died, we had two heal party monks each with a condition remover (mend ailment for me).
    just keep hacking away

Server

Desolation
    Guild

Blade and Rose, Edit Conflict
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothiron View Post
    Extinguish isn't a bad idea, but I found one better:

Make Koss a W/P and give him Cautery Signet. Every 15 seconds, he can remove all conditions from your party.

And it's cast time isn't affected by daze.
    Or you could go dmg heavy, with sins, wars and rangers (like Factions last mission) and have a couple of motivation paragons... you won't even notice you are dazed. Or bring a Boon Prot (oh noes RoF is 1/2sec cast time :P)