PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to acquire Promotion Points for Spear General the Fastest Way?

Greetings!!!

As the title said it.. How do we do it the fastest way?

Presuming you're already Level 20 (for Tyrian/Cathan characters)

Aside from doing Quests or Mission.

Kindly state the Highest location of Bounty given and Monsters to kill.

~Commander Hellspear.

Just about everything in the vicinity of Sunspear Sanctuary (which is where you'd be, most likely, if working towards Sunspear General) gives 4 points per kill. So it doesn't really matter, just pick your poison, so to speak.

Just find an area you can kill fast in, and map the area. Find all the shrines, and talk to all the priests. Because you can have multiple bounties running, make sure you get them. Then any mob that you kill adds fast. I am stuck at sunspear castellan, but I hear that is cap for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiiane View Post
    Just about everything in the vicinity of Sunspear Sanctuary (which is where you'd be, most likely, if working towards Sunspear General) gives 4 points per kill. So it doesn't really matter, just pick your poison, so to speak.
    Actually as you get further in the game the promotion point rewards jump to 7 points per kill. Just keep finding and talking to any priests or such that are located near the rez shrine. If you see a rez shrine, look for a dude in green lettering. Whatever his name, stop and talk to him. He will likely give you a bounty or whatever that will help you gain promo points fast. The promo points you get from this accelerate your chance to get the title. I just did most of the quests around the area and the primary quests to move through the game. I never game much thought to title General anyways, just opened my panel and realized I had it ;)

~muh

Ascendant Loreavion
    You might want to consider farming for points in Arkjok Ward, east of Yohlon's Haven. That's where I farmed for my Castellan title. On average you get around 600-800 per run. Just make sure you get the Insect Hunt blessing and the Mandragor Blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Muhummad Msabi View Post
    Actually as you get further in the game the promotion point rewards jump to 7 points per kill.
    While this info is correct, I'm pretty sure you can't get to the 7 point per kill areas until AFTER you get the Sunspear General title and advance the stoyline missions.

I found I just got general as I went along. I've got about double what you need for it and I've barely got out of newb island, no real farming seems necessary. I'm sure in the process of exploration/capping I'll get castellan too eventually. Everyone's got commander or better, it's just too common to be worth applying yourself to getting

I liked Killing Hekets (thoose creatures with elder croco pets), they are with nice group; few groups close to eachoter;
    Talk to scout
    Kill group
    Move on to next group
    Until everything is dead
    Rezone

I second whoever suggested the area right outside Yohlon Haven. The insects right outside in Arjok Ward use Frenzy, so they go down really quick, especially if you/heroes have AoE skills equipped. I zone out, grab blessing, kill insects to the north and south of shrine, then rezone, rinse, repeat. It's very very quick, especially if you take as much AE out there as you can. I used my ranger (R/P with go for the eyes), and Acolyte Jin, both with barrage, Zenmai as A/R Crit Barrage, and Melonni with Holy damage AE spam and Cynn. I've found this way to be much quicker than running the full zone.

Does anyone know of a spot for farming Sunspear Points from a creature that gets respawned?