PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50

Thread: Conviction

  1. #1

    Conviction

    Can anybody tell me what's the first place where you can get conviction I want in on a canthan char but don't know where I can get it or maybe a boss in the beginning using it.

    Anybody?

  2. #2
    Skill trainers in outposts of Elona. I've got it from Kamadan or Jokunar Diggins.

  3. #3
    Conviction cannot be found in either Kamadan or Jokunar diggins maybe you are confused with another skill?

  4. #4
    You can also, and I find that easier, unlock it with balthazar faction and then your dervish will be able to buy it at every skill trader.

  5. #5
    Oh ofcourse doh...

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenox View Post
    You can also, and I find that easier, unlock it with balthazar faction and then your dervish will be able to buy it at every skill trader.
    I believe either you're wrong about this, or Anet changed this behavior in a recent patch. According to the Balathazar rewards guy, skills that you unlock through him are available ONLY to your PvP chars and to Heros. Not to PvE chars.

    I really hope somebody finds this skill on an early- or mid-game boss and reports its location. I think Nightfall took a huge step backward by locking players away from all the choice *basic* skills until they reach the end-game storyline missions.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by shaktiboi View Post
    I believe either you're wrong about this, or Anet changed this behavior in a recent patch. According to the Balathazar rewards guy, skills that you unlock through him are available ONLY to your PvP chars and to Heros. Not to PvE chars.

    I really hope somebody finds this skill on an early- or mid-game boss and reports its location. I think Nightfall took a huge step backward by locking players away from all the choice *basic* skills until they reach the end-game storyline missions.
    Hrm, he's actually right or you misunderstand what he said.

    For example, i have about 90% of Dervish skills unlocked on PvP char. On my PvE Dervish, the first skill trainer gives me access to nearly all skills.

    The skills you buy with faction are available directly only to PvP chars, not PvE. But the skill trainers allow you to buy ANY unlocked skill on your account.

    So if you unlock it with 1k faction at Priest of Balthazar, the first skill trainer will be selling Conviction. You still have to buy it.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
    Hrm, he's actually right or you misunderstand what he said.

    For example, i have about 90% of Dervish skills unlocked on PvP char. On my PvE Dervish, the first skill trainer gives me access to nearly all skills.

    The skills you buy with faction are available directly only to PvP chars, not PvE. But the skill trainers allow you to buy ANY unlocked skill on your account.

    So if you unlock it with 1k faction at Priest of Balthazar, the first skill trainer will be selling Conviction. You still have to buy it.
    A-ha! Thanks for the clarification

    Now for the $64,000 question: for us folks who tend to stay away from PvP, what's the quickest way to generate Balthazar faction? I can take in almost any Prophecies or Factions class-combo loaded for bear with all the goodies. Any specific suggestions?

  9. #9
    Oh and BTW I finally got that other wiki to stay alive long enough to cough up all the Dervish boss descriptions, and Conviction is not on any boss according to the current data.

  10. #10
    You're in luck this weekend.

    Double Faction in Arenas 7 November 2006
    This weekend, you will be able to earn double Balthazar Faction in Random and Team Arenas, plus you'll score double Faction for each match won and for flawless victories, too. This double-up on Faction rewards begins at Noon PST on Friday, November 10, and ends at 11:59 p.m, PST on Sunday, November 12.

    Straight from the Guild Wars website. So go grind it up in the arenas this weekend.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •