PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

No Love for Wind Prayers?

More of a question to pose to the community to satisfy my curiosity. I've been perusing the forum at the various builds posted and one thing I've noticed so far was that the Wind Prayers line doesn't seem very popular.

Any reasoning behind it, or am I just making something up?

I would say that's it's probably due to the lack of defensive skills wind prayers have. Earth has a good balance between offensive skills that deal damage and inflict conditions while providing additional armor/health regeneration for the Dervish. Wind Prayers seems more focused towards improving your own mobility in relation to that of your opponents. It's also good at dealing with enchanted foes if I remember correctly. In conclusion I would say that earth is more straight forward and easier to use in pve (not sure about pvp yet) while the uses for wind may be more situational and complicated.

i agree with mage earth prayers have defensive and offensive parts to them and they can be part with mysticism skills.

Nope, no love for Wind Prayers from me lol

The problem with Wind Prayers is that it needs more defense, and also more double-use enchants.

Wind Prayers so far seems to be focused mainly around PvE aspects, with a MANY run stances. More than any other class I believe.

Certain skills, Like the Harrier's line, seems well suited for anti-kiting, but the impression that i get from WP is: Running.

Whats the point with wind prayers anyway? I havnt used it so far, only tried it a few times but found out mysticism and earth prayers work far better in PvE for me. I don't see why I need running skills for my char when I can cripple all who stand near me. Also Balthazar avatar gives me speed.

I can hardly believe A'net encourages drok runs or other cheap ways to run to an area. So there must be another reason for wind prayers... but what?

I absolutely love pious restoration, it's a god send!

Though I agree, when I need to get things done, I usually spec earth..

Quote Originally Posted by Elfbowmaster View Post
    Whats the point with wind prayers anyway? I havnt used it so far, only tried it a few times but found out mysticism and earth prayers work far better in PvE for me. I don't see why I need running skills for my char when I can cripple all who stand near me. Also Balthazar avatar gives me speed.

I can hardly believe A'net encourages drok runs or other cheap ways to run to an area. So there must be another reason for wind prayers... but what?
    Wind Prayers is fairly lousy for PvE, but it shines in PvP. In particular Wind Prayers offers numerous running enchantments/stances, an attack speed buff, a strong hex removal spell and the most spammable cripples in the game. Add in a Monk secondary for Mending Touch and you've got a class that can function quite well with minimal support.

Harriers Haste e.g.

It is more for PvP, and even then: Earth Prayers has Vital Boon, which is really important for many Dervish skills.

Wind is probably not bad, it is just that Earth offers more and better toys.