PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Several vexing things about Nightfall

Okay this could be considered a complaints thread however its more a cas eof certain things in Nightfall or that have come around due to Nightfall that i fell could have been mad ebetter , if ther eis already a thread like this pleas emerge this with it:

Command Post
    The Command Post seemed like a fairly cool concept however after doing the missions and unlocking several things i felt dissapointed , the command post is really just a city in a non city area , the only thing i can't find elsewhere in the game is the 15k crafter , personally my vision of this full of potentail area , was as described in the newsletetr full of unique colelctors who gave unique skins or armour or drinks etc that couldn't be found elsewhere in the game , personally i feel its potetnial is being wasted and i don't use it due to the lag i need to suffer to get through the city its connected to

Elona to Tyria Portal
    This seemed like another wasted potential to me , you can't use this portal if you haven't unlocked the means to traverse the area its connected to , this bugs me of that area i can see plenty of areas i could explore without getting murdered or hurt or a thousand other deaths
    I'm sorry but nothing seems coler to me then visualising my Tyrian Elementalist going up to the portal and going "Hmm where does this lead" , bang he lands in the area and his face drops , does it truly matter if we can't survive can't we just have the joy of seeing if we cna survive the area without the INTENDED means to travers eit , i know i'd like the challenge
    Also nothing becomes broken by you doing this as guess what you cna only do the missions if you've doen the main nightfall story

Lack of Ritualist Hero
    Nuff said , this has been beatign with a rusty stick more times then Tony Blair has suffered corruption charges , just why isn't it there , tis hard to makke certain rit build sif you don't have communing

Choke Points
    This is my main pet peeve , despite claims locked gates were done away with i'ms till finding point sin the game where i can't enter or cross or where so many enemies have been put at one spots its obvious i'm meant to waddle off and do some quest just to get passed them
    Why do we still have this problem , wasn't the mission npc idea the final key to fit the lock to stop running abusement , hwoever depsit eit beign added i still can't explore this bright and vibrant land becaus eof these choke points

Sunspear Grind
    Why oh why do we have point grinding in this game , okay cool concept i need to be high rank to ulock better stuff but i'm finding it annoying having to grind just to get from Comamnder to General , if yoru a nightfall character this isn't a problem but a brought over one starts with a lot less points then a home character at the point in the story that they arrive

I love Nightfall i really do , i just feel that in certain places potential has been wasted
    Am i the only one who feels this way over the above comment sor do others have simialr feelings

I am sorry but I am a castellian rank approacking 9k sunspear points all from doing quests. No grind, no farm just the quests and missions. I do talk to as many shrines as possible before fighting, so I do try to get points for every enemy I fight, but as you can see (unless you don't beleive me) it's possible. Now for getting to 15k points since no1 gives me sunspear points, well thats a different issue.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no Xunlai agent in the Command Post. That makes it completely and utterly useless to me. I will not run back and forth to the Sanctuary to get things out of Storage as I need them, I simply map back to Kamadan, open my storage, then wander around town with it open.

I imagine if there was a Xunlai agent there I might actually make use of it. :/

I'm annoyed with the Sunspear points only because I very quickly hit the point limit in Istan, and spent 1/2 my time there earning no points. I hit the point limit in Kourna very quickly as well. Why artificially limit the levelling of this title, if running past missions has already been prevented?

I have to agree with the Command Post - I hate having to wade through that underground no map saving town just to get to that area that has little in it for me. Every other Npc is there, why isn't storage available there?
    WHY doesn't the underground maps save anymore? Some of them used to when they first introduced the ability to use the maps underground (not this second round of it, the first time - 3 or 4 months ago). Like the catacombs in presearing, when they first introduced the maps, they saved your unfogged progress, now it reverts to black again. You'd think that if you were actually exploring that area a million times you would have at least drawn a crude map of it... Come on Anet, you can do it!

I would like to see a ritualist hero, Melonni does great as a ritualist, but can't be complete without some skills that she just doesn't have the attributes for.

As a native Elonan the grind doesn't really exist, you just need to remember to get the blessings. I haven't really played much there yet with my Tyrians though but have noticed that you are level restricted instead of title level restricted from the blessings. I've also noticed that in most of the high level areas that the blessings, if you follow the story line, are on the opposite side of the creatures you need to kill for that blessing and thus making getting that blessing worthless as you've already killed them.

The only thing that really really bugs me is trying to find and target an npc in town without figuring out the level and name and title of every player surrounding it... You'll never know if it has a quest for you until you click on it because of all the 4's and 8's. NPC's that have quests or missions should have that icon SO MUCH BIGGER!!!!! pls :)
    In Prophecies the mission npc's are standing on a podium type thing and stand taller than the rest of the players, although the mission system is different I think this would be a good idea to at least get the icon a little higher than all the party numbers.

I won't talk of bugged camera's in this thread, there are plenty for that, boo anet! very bad and not thoroughly tested... booo BOOOO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laken Cascade View Post
    Okay this could be considered a complaints thread however its more a cas eof certain things in Nightfall or that have come around due to Nightfall that i fell could have been mad ebetter , if ther eis already a thread like this pleas emerge this with it:

Command Post
    The Command Post seemed like a fairly cool concept however after doing the missions and unlocking several things i felt dissapointed , the command post is really just a city in a non city area , the only thing i can't find elsewhere in the game is the 15k crafter , personally my vision of this full of potentail area , was as described in the newsletetr full of unique colelctors who gave unique skins or armour or drinks etc that couldn't be found elsewhere in the game , personally i feel its potetnial is being wasted and i don't use it due to the lag i need to suffer to get through the city its connected to
    It is indeed a bit empty with no real special things.
    I'd rather go to the Bazaar as there are both less people and its all closer by.

Elona to Tyria Portal
    This seemed like another wasted potential to me , you can't use this portal if you haven't unlocked the means to traverse the area its connected to , this bugs me of that area i can see plenty of areas i could explore without getting murdered or hurt or a thousand other deaths
    I'm sorry but nothing seems coler to me then visualising my Tyrian Elementalist going up to the portal and going "Hmm where does this lead" , bang he lands in the area and his face drops , does it truly matter if we can't survive can't we just have the joy of seeing if we cna survive the area without the INTENDED means to travers eit , i know i'd like the challenge
    Also nothing becomes broken by you doing this as guess what you cna only do the missions if you've doen the main nightfall story
    I havent been able to use it (bug?), although I have masterd wurms and have Profecies linked.
    The use however is a bit noneexsistent, other than that Elonian chars can get into the higher level area's quiker, without doing all the quests from Lions Arch and up.

Lack of Ritualist Hero
    Nuff said , this has been beatign with a rusty stick more times then Tony Blair has suffered corruption charges , just why isn't it there , tis hard to makke certain rit build sif you don't have communing
    Agreed, all peofessions should be represented.
    We have 2 necro's, 2 monks, 2 warriors, 2 rangers, 2 eles.
    Either one of these could have been altered to a Rit.
    Although with Razah it appears you can choose his profession (see manual), he is not availeble yet.

Choke Points
    This is my main pet peeve , despite claims locked gates were done away with i'ms till finding point sin the game where i can't enter or cross or where so many enemies have been put at one spots its obvious i'm meant to waddle off and do some quest just to get passed them
    Why do we still have this problem , wasn't the mission npc idea the final key to fit the lock to stop running abusement , hwoever depsit eit beign added i still can't explore this bright and vibrant land becaus eof these choke points
    This I dont agree with.
    Can you name any specifics?
    The only real obstacle I have noticed are the Sufurous wastes.
    Sure there are some quests that are needed for exapmle to get into the sunspear Sancuary or to Vabbi.
    But these are the only ones I have come across.
    And there are several locked doors in the game, but these lead nowhere anyway (no outpost beyond them, as in Barbarous Shore).
    If you are referring to the locked gate in Chantry of secrets, you'll get there after you finish the game.
    In matters of monsters I havent come across unbeatle mobs.
    The fortress of Jahai is indeed very tough to assualt, but its leads to nowhere (i.e. no portal).
    So please some specifics

Sunspear Grind
    Why oh why do we have point grinding in this game , okay cool concept i need to be high rank to ulock better stuff but i'm finding it annoying having to grind just to get from Comamnder to General , if yoru a nightfall character this isn't a problem but a brought over one starts with a lot less points then a home character at the point in the story that they arrive
    Grinding for sunspearpoints is not any problem at all because there is no grinding involved.
    Both my elonian chars where at 1000 points before I did the assualt on Gandara, and they didn't do any grinding at all (just did a lot of quests and took all the bounties).
    Even my tyrian char has made General shortly after she attained the quest of Venta's Cemetary.
    And the levels in Sunspear do not give you acces to better weapons.
    They are only used as a narrative that is linked to the game.
    The Lightbringer titles have 2 skills attached to them, but other than that those have no further value.
    And after Gandarra the Priests give 4 points per kill, but the quests itself 100.
    Just do the quests and kill the monsters you find on the way to those quests and you'll get there very quick.
    After General I dont think you need to increase it any more, although Castellan is still quite quickly achieved if you just do quests and talk to the resdudes (in Vabbi, you get 7 points per kill btw).

I love Nightfall i really do , i just feel that in certain places potential has been wasted
    Am i the only one who feels this way over the above comment sor do others have simialr feelings
    I love Nightfall too.
    The execution is much better than Profecies and Factions when it comes to the storyline.
    It really pulls you along.
    With Profecies and Factions I often couln't be bothered to complete the game because well, it didn't really wasn't told that way (also because I was stuck at THK and Raisu palace for a long time, but still).
    Concerning area's and their desing it is very good.
    Its open, vast and very good looking.
    Along with the music the feeling is very good (walking to Yathendi Canyons and hearing crickets feels so good).

Command post : No-one's forcing you to use it.
    Elona to Tyria Portal : Uhm ... jumping straight to almost the end of the game might be seen by some as unfair. Potential for abuse by partying with people who had been there already is very high, whilst legitamate use is you wanting to die. Great.
    Lack of Ritualist Hero : You're lucky to get Ritualist support at all. Be thankful of that you have.
    Choke Points & Sunspear Grind : This game's been out for 2 weeks, and you're ALREADY trying to rush it. All my characters reached general by hardly trying, didn't need to grind at all. As for choke points, you shouldn't be able to go from the start to the end in a day y'know.

Command Post
    The Command Post seemed like a fairly cool concept however after doing the missions and unlocking several things i felt dissapointed , the command post is really just a city in a non city area [...] personally i feel its potetnial is being wasted and i don't use it due to the lag i need to suffer to get through the city its connected to
    I agree that they can do more with it. I'm annoyed that it's considered an Explorable zone, meaning I cannot swap heroes, or change any attributes or skills, etc. There is also no storage I think? So in the end it becomes an odd place.. a privately instanced "town" that doesn't let us do the things we can do in a town. I like it overall and think it was a creative first step, but the concept can be refined for sure.

Elona to Tyria Portal
    This seemed like another wasted potential to me [...] I'm sorry but nothing seems coler to me then visualising my Tyrian Elementalist going up to the portal and going "Hmm where does this lead" , bang he lands in the area and his face drops
    I completely agree.

Lack of Ritualist Hero
    Doesn't bother me.

Choke Points
    I strongly disagree. While it is correct that there are still "choke points", I think arena.net has found a *wonderful* balance between letting people explore and creating some sort of structure to the game. I'll go so far as to say it's the perfect balance for me.

Sunspear Grind
    Why oh why do we have point grinding in this game
    No way is it a grind. Just go about your business, do quests, explore zones, and make sure to get those buffs from wandering priests, etc. I haven't even done the first storyline mission in Kourna yet, and I'm almost Castellan. However, I heard at a certain point the game is basically going to block us from going any further in ranks unless we do some ridiculous things to circumvent it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Flameheart View Post
    Command post : No-one's forcing you to use it.
    Elona to Tyria Portal : Uhm ... jumping straight to almost the end of the game might be seen by some as unfair. Potential for abuse by partying with people who had been there already is very high, whilst legitamate use is you wanting to die. Great.
    Lack of Ritualist Hero : You're lucky to get Ritualist support at all. Be thankful of that you have.
    Choke Points & Sunspear Grind : This game's been out for 2 weeks, and you're ALREADY trying to rush it. All my characters reached general by hardly trying, didn't need to grind at all. As for choke points, you shouldn't be able to go from the start to the end in a day y'know.
    Right your little comment is full of presumptions about me and my persona , allow me to clear thigns up

Yes no is forcing me to sue ti , why i'm not using it there is no points , heck my guild hall is better then here

I'm sorry but there is no potential abuse you can't do the last mission unless you've done the story , i always saw this portal as an different access point into Elona , one which high level characters could take
    Also you can't get to Vabbi from what i can tell

Rit support or not , when you add a hero of every class and you leave one class out , people kind of think to themselve s, hang on why aren't they there

And lastly , no i'm not rushing , me and my girlfriend decided tot ake a break from doign quests just to explore , what we find is chokepoints and we can't go any further , truthfully my girlfriend just wants to get to Vabbi she feels its beautiful

As for example of choke points , lets see

Jahai Fortress from what i can see the path behind it , leads to the Chantry of Secrets
    Moddok Crevice cna not be accessed as the floodgates gates are locked
    The poitns required to progress the quest
    Being unable to explore the desolation until end of game is a chokepoint in my eyes
    Lastly the consultate docks mission is vexing becaus euntil you do it , you can't hit the mainland

Quote Originally Posted by Syllibus Pendragon View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no Xunlai agent in the Command Post. That makes it completely and utterly useless to me. I will not run back and forth to the Sanctuary to get things out of Storage as I need them, I simply map back to Kamadan, open my storage, then wander around town with it open.
    My same problem with the command post. I might fool around in there with traders and armor - however not being able to map to it and no storage agent make it more hassle than it is worth

While we're at the topic about the Command Post, has anyone else noticed that once fully upgraded, the Command Post has 2 [Rare Material Traders]?

It has one when you first arrive there. And then the npc gives you a quest and once done, you get another [Rare Material Trader].

And they're both identical....unless I miss something?