PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My take on the "floating" connection between the Mursaat, Seers, and some Margonites comes from a previous discussion on this board (I think it was Quintus who proposed the idea, but my apologies for not citing the exact author).

This was, I believe, a thread regarding the ascension to godood by Kormir. The thought was that any mortal can potentially reach godhood with the appropriate knowledge and experience. The Mursatt were "on their way" to godhood, explaining their special abilities, but not quite there yet. You could view the Mursaat, and perhaps the seers, as proto gods by means of their own devices and studies - whereas the Margonties achieved similar power but via the "blessings" of Abaddon.

In short, you get the floaty ability at level 3 of the Godhood track ("Angelic", 5000 godhood pts). At level 12 ("GOD", 10000000 pts) they build statues of you.

If the Mursaat really were using Abaddon's power to keep him locked up... couldn't they also be using his power themselves? Perhaps the reason they look so similar to the Margonites is a resulting transformation from using his power?

Quote Originally Posted by Seyfert View Post
    If the Mursaat really were using Abaddon's power to keep him locked up... couldn't they also be using his power themselves? Perhaps the reason they look so similar to the Margonites is a resulting transformation from using his power?

That is a interesting thought. Taken even further, maybe it was the Mursaat "tapping in" to Abaddon that first began to erode his bonds, and allowed him to influence the world in a limited (if often devasting) fashion - aka the Searing, Jade Wind, and Orrish Cataclysm.

The Mursaat would have sealed their own doom then, meddling in powers which eventually overwhlemed them - manifested in the flameseeker prophecies.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys ap Llysgwr View Post
    My take on the "floating" connection between the Mursaat, Seers, and some Margonites comes from a previous discussion on this board (I think it was Quintus who proposed the idea, but my apologies for not citing the exact author).

This was, I believe, a thread regarding the ascension to godood by Kormir. The thought was that any mortal can potentially reach godhood with the appropriate knowledge and experience. The Mursatt were "on their way" to godhood, explaining their special abilities, but not quite there yet. You could view the Mursaat, and perhaps the seers, as proto gods by means of their own devices and studies - whereas the Margonties achieved similar power but via the "blessings" of Abaddon.

In short, you get the floaty ability at level 3 of the Godhood track ("Angelic", 5000 godhood pts). At level 12 ("GOD", 10000000 pts) they build statues of you.
    The Mursaat are most certainly a higher level of "ascension" than the Margonites. Remember, Spectral Agony. You don't need infusion to fight the Margonites. Then again, the Margonites are more or less servants of a higher order, whereas the Mursaat are powerful by their own right.

I honest believe that this is a visual coincidence. There are plenty of things in Tyria (drakes, lioness versus stalker, wind riders, trolls, minotaurs, etc) that are not related, but have visual relation.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

I don't think this this visual coincidence... If Margonites and Mursaats were on the same chapter ok but in this situation it isn't... For exemple have you ever seen the Tyrian-Troll skin in Cantha or Elona ? I don't think so...

This margonite skin realy looks like Mursaats !

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Actually....the Shadow Army has a similar skin. And since their are no trolls in Cantha or Elona, it's a hard argument to make.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Antonius View Post
    Actually....the Shadow Army has a similar skin. And since their are no trolls in Cantha or Elona, it's a hard argument to make.
    Yes, but the FOW, is a chapter 1 zone... It was made by the chapter 1 team...

Server

Desolation
    Guild

Blade and Rose, Edit Conflict
    Has everyone forgotten the six eyes on the Jade Armours? I, for one, still see a Margonite-Mursaat connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Santax View Post
    Has everyone forgotten the six eyes on the Jade Armours? I, for one, still see a Margonite-Mursaat connection.

Margonite apostates perhaps? A rebel faction of Margonties who gained even greater power by way of the bloodstone - reaizing that in fact they could attain Godlike power themselves. Perhaps the Seer was merely a Margonite "loyalist" agent in disguise - he did float after all.

Kasha Kelrig
    I do belive there is a connection because the carr origianly came form elona and the char praised the titans which had a connection with the murrsat. Nice observation.