PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool A good review for Nightfall

That's right, Something Awful has review NF in one of it's "one sentence reviews"

Guild Wars Nightfall
    "On the one hand these senseless guild wars have consumed yet another continent, but on the other hand they're really fun. "

competition:

Neverwinter Nights 2
    "This time around they included a compelling and fun single player mode, which apparently required the addition of a horrible interface and the world's most awkward and annoying camera setup."

gotta love one sentence reviews
    ULGG Officer
    IGNs: Zala Kimbazi (Mesmer), Kiith Arts (Ranger), Reticent Druhn (Ritualist)
    Currently, "Wingspan > thread" has 4 votes. Agree with WiNG? Use the quote!
    Watch my video if you enjoy laughing! || Play this build if you are 1337

I wouldn't call "SomethingAwful" a refutiable resource...

Were you trying to say "reputable" or "refutable", Zingeri?

GWOnline.Net Member
    Agreed. SomethingAwful isn't the best place to go to get fair, balanced reviews. On the other hand, their reviews ARE hilarious to read, even if you disagree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiiane View Post
    You know what I meant. It's one letter.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiiane View Post
    That was my reaction too. He ended up saying the opposite of what he intended, I think, which is hilarious.

I generally like SA's reviews of things; they tend to be accurate or at least egalitarian in its bashing.

never said it was a good review site

just thought I'd post teh good news

also, the son on "The War at Home" on Fox has a Guild Wars poster in his room
    ULGG Officer
    IGNs: Zala Kimbazi (Mesmer), Kiith Arts (Ranger), Reticent Druhn (Ritualist)
    Currently, "Wingspan > thread" has 4 votes. Agree with WiNG? Use the quote!
    Watch my video if you enjoy laughing! || Play this build if you are 1337

GWOnline.Net Member
    i thought Neverwinter Nights 2 is not MMORPG. how can it be competition. different style of games

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maguskwt View Post
    i thought Neverwinter Nights 2 is not MMORPG. how can it be competition. different style of games
    NWN allows for persistant world servers wich offer a very similar experience as MMOs. While i actually would agree and say that NWN is way too different to be objectively compared to Guildwars, i can also see how people reach such a conclusion because it allows for similar gameplay. (that is, it allows online playing with other people in a persistant server hosted world.)

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikesSmikes View Post
    NWN allows for persistant world servers wich offer a very similar experience as MMOs. While i actually would agree and say that NWN is way too different to be objectively compared to Guildwars, i can also see how people reach such a conclusion because it allows for similar gameplay. (that is, it allows online playing with other people in a persistant server hosted world.)
    I'd say NWN is a closer competitor than WoW, which people seem to prefer to compare GW to far more often. That's not to say NWN is the same type of game, but I think it's closer.