Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member

Pure Motivation - Party Wide Restoration

Attributes:

Motivation: 12+1+3
    Leadership: 10+2
    Command: 8+1
    Spear Mastery: 2+1

Signet of Synergy - Target other ally is healed for 40-100 Health. If you are not under the effects of an Enchantment, you are also healed for 40-100 Health.
    Anthem of Flame - For 10 seconds, the next attack skill used by each ally within earshot also causes Burning for 1-3 seconds.
    Song of Restoration - For 10 seconds, the next time each party member within earshot uses a Skill, that party member gains 40-88 Health. This is an elite skill.
    Aria of Restoration - For 10 seconds, the next time each party member within earshot uses a Spell, that ally gains 40-100 Health.
    Finale of Restoration - For 10-35 seconds, whenever a Chant or Shout ends a target ally, that ally is healed for 15-75 Health.
    Mending of Refrain - For 20 seconds, target ally has +1-4 Health regeneration. This Echo is reapplied every time a Chant or Shouts ends on that ally.
    Stand Your Ground - For 10-30 seconds, all allies within earshot receive +24 armor when not moving
    Res Signet/Signet of Return/Sunpear Rebirth Signet - For when a partmember dies

Suggested skills for your heroes:

Watch Yourself / Go for the eyes / Shields Up / Defensive Anthem / Energizing Finale / Incomming / Stand Your Ground - any shout

How it works, start with casting Mending of Refrain on everyone, and keep this going by casting Song of Restoration and Anthem of Flame constantly. When a fight starts, keep recasting SoR/AoF/AoR constantly and cast Finale of Restoration on whoever is taking the most damage, same for the Signet of Synergy. Stand your ground should be used whenever it's up/needed.

I believe this build to work - extremely - good. Especially if you have a henchmen with a couple of the suggested skills (watch yourself and shields up are reallllly nice to have around). This build was enough heal to only pick one monk for the final missions in NightFall, which seems like a good deal to me. It keeps everyone on full hp unless there is a heavy spike, in which the monk can spikeheal. You won't really be attacking and constantly using spells, which is why I don't use any Adrenaline skills, even though some of them would fit in really well.

~nSin

That's probably my dream shield right there, looks cool, and stats aren't shabby at all...now if the req as a little lower...

SYG is not the best at triggering echos with it's 45 second recast, for that I'd probably go with something with a lower recharge time/duration like Never Give Up, or Never Surrender.

Barrage + GftE is pretty awesome for rapidly triggering Finale of Restoration. As long as everyone keeps spamming attacks, and the Barrager has targets to shoot, you'll be getting tons of health.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Anthem of Flame is there for the echo triggering, SYG is just there because it's almost too good to pass up to, 24 armor, just for standing stil.. I'll sign for that. However, I'll look at the other two but I believe they\re conditional aren't they? (below 75%)

My ranger uses Barrage+GTFE, and yeah it's awesome. I also use a warrior that spams Watch yourself and a paragon that has a defensive motivation build. A LOT of shouts are casted, my entire screen is full with them :X

Take out SYG for Burning Finale? And drop Command. And switch AoF for... Watch Yourself?

I dunno, I'm just not a bit fan of AoF, since only half the party can benefit from the burning. Burning Finale on the other hand, you can control. And if you have a good tank.. well then its all over .

Hmm. On second thought, keep SYG, but drop AoF for GftE. Yeah, there we go. Everybody likes a nice adrenaline shout to boost energy .
    Last edited by Fownkaymownkay; 13-11-2006 at 15:35.

With Anthem of Flame it depends, sure it only triggers on an attack skill but it ends in ten seconds. That ending Triggers any Echos on the entire party plus she is not forced to attack to build up Adrenline.

GWOnline.Net Member
    AoF is there mostly because of Mending of Refrain - while it's possible to do this only with song of power, it's also energy management, heals with Finale and it's a good insurance.

I used to have Watch Yourself/GftO but I found that I quite simply never have the time to attack anything. I would love to have watch yourself in there but I'm constantly busy casting spells. The amount of attacks I get in would be enough for like 1 watch yourself every 30 seconds.

GWOnline.Net Member NeferJackal's Avatar
    Methinks you should check over Song of Restoration one time more

Song of Restoration 5e 1c 15r Elite Motivation Chant
    Elite Chant. For 10 seconds, the next time each party member within earshot uses a Skill, that party member gains 40...88 Health.

As soon you use a skill, Song of Restoration heals you before ending. Then it will recycle any refrains on you, or activate a finale on you.
    Last edited by NeferJackal; 13-11-2006 at 16:05.

True Song of Restoration would recycle any echoes on you when you use a skill, but what if you are running between battles and not using skills? Sometimes you get really long runs between fights. Just using Song of Restoration would give you 25 seconds to run to the next enemy and use a skill, whereas Anthem of Flame gives you inifinite upkeep.

If you're talking about equipping heroes to synergize with this build. Set up dual Searing Flames nukers: Fire Attunement, Glyph of Lesser Energy, Searing Flames, Glowing Gaze, Aura of Restoration, Ward Against Melee (Great Skill!), Leech Sig, Rez Sig for your 2 ele heroes and take They're on Fire instead of Stand Your Ground. This would reduce damage more than SYG and you can have it up permanently.

I ran a pure command build with just 1 Searing Flame hero (took Jin by accident) and this worked like a charm. Accidently aggroed 2 groups of demons and a group of margonites in the 2nd to last mission and got through it with no deaths.

GWOnline.Net Member NeferJackal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zado View Post
    True Song of Restoration would recycle any echoes on you when you use a skill, but what if you are running between battles and not using skills? Sometimes you get really long runs between fights. Just using Song of Restoration would give you 25 seconds to run to the next enemy and use a skill, whereas Anthem of Flame gives you inifinite upkeep.

If you're talking about equipping heroes to synergize with this build. Set up dual Searing Flames nukers: Fire Attunement, Glyph of Lesser Energy, Searing Flames, Glowing Gaze, Aura of Restoration, Ward Against Melee (Great Skill!), Leech Sig, Rez Sig for your 2 ele heroes and take They're on Fire instead of Stand Your Ground. This would reduce damage more than SYG and you can have it up permanently.

I ran a pure command build with just 1 Searing Flame hero (took Jin by accident) and this worked like a charm. Accidently aggroed 2 groups of demons and a group of margonites in the 2nd to last mission and got through it with no deaths.
    Simple solution, target someone. Click Signet of Synergy, and voila, Song of Restoration procs and keeps Mending Refrain alive.

GWOnline.Net Member
    I already acknowledged that, but I mentioned it as song of power, quite obviously I referred to Song of Restoration with this as SoP isn't even in my build :X

The second time activating you'll have only 2 seconds first one ends after 10 seconds, Mending Refreshes itsselve (22 second duration), 5 seconds later you recast it (22-5=17) after 10 seconds it ends again. If anyone ends it on for instance the second second by casting a skill it will take another 24 seconds for SoR to start and end again which would mean that Mending of Refrain ends.

You don't have this problem with AoF and you have a lot more time in general. On another note, the 3 second burning with 12 in leadership really isnt that bad anyway. Works great with barrage rangers for instance. I personally find it easy and convenient, you can take your time if not everyone is in earshot yet, but I would agree that in a perfect world AoF is not needed.