PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Why don't I get skills when I change my secondary in NF?

I just started a couple days ago with my assassin in Elonia. After getting some questing done to level up my monk heros, I decided to go into the command post and change my secondary to Dervish. Much to my suprise, when I went into my "K" menu to start switching some things up I found that I have no dervish skills on my assassin at all.

Way back in the day in the crystal desert of Tyria when you did the profession changing quests and changed over, you'd get a few base skills automatically unlocked. Likewise in Factions when you paid Senji 500 gold and changed your profession a few basic skills were automatically given to your toon. I think that the profession changer in the command post is a scammer myself. 500 gold for what? Now I have to fork out a few platinum as well for the most basic skills.

So...

Is this a bug that other people have experienced?
    Is it just me?
    Or is this a new ANet "feature?"

You have your hero points to spend, that's your free skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashi Chan View Post
    Is this a bug that other people have experienced?
    Is it just me?
    Or is this a new ANet "feature?"
    It's certainly unlocked a few basic skills for me, but that was via the profession changer in the Battle Isles.

Quote Originally Posted by Moklar View Post
    You have your hero points to spend, that's your free skills.
    Not really, since you could earn your free hero skills from the hero trainer in NF, and then get an additional set of skills from the profession changer at Senji's Corner.

If you just use the profession changer in NF at the Command Post you wouldn't get the profession-change free skills (the skills aren't the same ones the hero trainer offers).

I'd consider that a bug myself. I started as a D/W and I switched to D/N in the Command Post too. I got a few basic skills when I did that.

At first I'd think it's related to the trainers you talk to waaaay back at the beginning of the game. That quest for which you need to talk to trainers of another profession than your main. They all give you some basic skills. But on second thought, I only talked to the Warrior ones with that Derv so it doesn't explain the Necro skills.

Pretty weird indeed...

I changed back to D/W not so long ago.
    Soon gonna try D/Mo so I guess it'll give me another chance to verify this.

Did you go back and talk to the expert (insert class here) in Churrhir Fields?

I was at least expecting a few basic free skill for my Tyrian warrior when I changed to a paragon/dervish class, just like I got when you change to the classes in Factions.

I was also surprised to receive no skills when I switched to A/D, but I assume that it is just a bug.

Not a big deal for me ( my Assassin was new especially to become an A/D so can buy skills very cheaply ), but Hero Points do not compensate for this : Hero Points just unlock skills, while I assume the OP ( like me ) wanted skills for their actual player-character to use.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonUnit View Post
    Did you go back and talk to the expert (insert class here) in Churrhir Fields?
    Listen to this man. You need to go to Churrhir Fields to get these skills and talk to the Expert Warriors, Rangers and so on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Longasc View Post
    Listen to this man. You need to go to Churrhir Fields to get these skills and talk to the Expert Warriors, Rangers and so on there.
    I took this advice but to no avail.

The Expert Dervish talked but gave no skills.