PC Gaming News

16 Scythe + GftE

Alllllllrighty then. PvE has become pretty dull for me as a dervish, for reasons even I don't know. So I decided to spice it up some. Basically, I'm looking for help on this PvE build I'm trying to tweak to proper use:

16 Scythe
    10 Command
    8+1 Myst

Chilling Victory
    Eremite's Attack
    [Form]
    GftE
    Stand Your Ground!
    Find Their Weakness!
    Faithful Intervention
    Res

I was thinking of switches CV with Banishing Strike though, so I could basically alternate BS and EA every 2 seconds or so. FTW or SYG gotta go, and I'm thinking of ditching FTW for some sort of better E-management. Which do you guys suggest? Zealous Renewal? Eremite's Zeal?

For the form, I've been running Balth lately for a sweet +65 AL (130ish total) when I'm in my form and SYG is up. I'm thinking of switching to Lyssa's though.

Alright, so critique the build, and give some suggestions please, before this class becomes too dull for me to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Fownkaymownkay View Post
    Alllllllrighty then. PvE has become pretty dull for me as a dervish, for reasons even I don't know. So I decided to spice it up some. Basically, I'm looking for help on this PvE build I'm trying to tweak to proper use:

16 Scythe
    10 Command
    8+1 Myst

Chilling Victory
    Eremite's Attack
    [Form]
    GftE
    Stand Your Ground!
    Find Their Weakness!
    Faithful Intervention
    Res

I was thinking of switches CV with Banishing Strike though, so I could basically alternate BS and EA every 2 seconds or so. FTW or SYG gotta go, and I'm thinking of ditching FTW for some sort of better E-management. Which do you guys suggest? Zealous Renewal? Eremite's Zeal?

For the form, I've been running Balth lately for a sweet +65 AL (130ish total) when I'm in my form and SYG is up. I'm thinking of switching to Lyssa's though.

Alright, so critique the build, and give some suggestions please, before this class becomes too dull for me to play.
    alternate build would be P/D with leadership attribute instead of command.
    dump points you had in mysticism into Earth Prayers and the left over points from not being able to have scythe at 16 into earth prayers as well

try this

Chilling Victory/Armor of Sanctity
    Eremite's Attack/They're On Fire
    Blazing Finale
    GftE (30% base with zero in command)
    Agressive Refrain
    Vital Boon
    Reap Impurities
    Res

Waddyathink? With 25% IAS, vital boon health buff, gfte only 4 adrenaline easily spammable to recharge the IAS and blazing finale as well as giving you energy. They're on fire protecting you from foes that are burning and well...Armor of Sanctity doing the same cause burning is a condition as i recall. Reap impurities healing you and doing damage to foes burning as well.
    Last edited by TakisKalakos; 18-11-2006 at 00:20.

P/D looks solid as well, but then I think I'd like ditch Earth for Command.

Losing the 16 Scythe is a big deal too. :(

12 Scythe
    10+1 Command
    8+4 Leadership

Chilling Victory
    Eremite's Attack
    GftE!
    FTW!
    Stand Your Ground!
    Blazing Finale <-- Main compensation of losing 16 scythe.
    They're on Fire!
    Sig of Return

But still, this is the Dervish forum, and I was hoping to have input on the Dervish primary side of the build..

and for those of us that dont know every abreivation known to guild wars what does Gfte stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by Rai Zaku View Post
    and for those of us that dont know every abreivation known to guild wars what does Gfte stand for?

Go For the Eyes Boo! Go For The Eyes!

(GW pays so much tribute to other games/movies its great)

"For 10 seconds, the next time each ally within earshot makes an attack, that attack has an additional 30-78% chance to be a critical hit" Costs 4 Adrenaline

GWOnline.Net Member
    go for the eyes

(ah, someone beat me to it...)

And FTW is Find Their Weakness!

Umm... Help?

What about taking out your Form for Vow of Silence. With Bubahl's Grasp you would still have over 100AL. Your not casting spells so there is no issues.

I've actually switched out CV for Reaper's Sweep, and I must say it's very fun. In the slot left open by the Form I put in Zealous Renewal, and I took out FTW for Faithful Intervention.

Works pretty alright, I think I'll try out a Zealous Scythe now and see where that gets me.