PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    I hardly call those Awakened units "bumbling". I've been messed up by swarms of them more than once, and they will just keep getting stronger now that they have an organized chain of command again.

Some people would describe Kim Jong Il as a "blustering egomaniac" but he still has a nuke. Sometimes it isn't what the person themselves will do with their power, but what others may do with it.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Antonius View Post
    As for the Bone Palace, it's made of BONES. Bones of things once alive. Joke about Palawa if you want, that doesn't make him less of a threat.
    Priest Kehmtut says:
    "This palace is beautiful, is it not?It was built with the blood, sweat, tears and most importantly bones of its workers."

Do peeps still have a doubt about Palawa's "comicness"?

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Antonius View Post
    I hardly call those Awakened units "bumbling". I've been messed up by swarms of them more than once, and they will just keep getting stronger now that they have an organized chain of command again.

Some people would describe Kim Jong Il as a "blustering egomaniac" but he still has a nuke. Sometimes it isn't what the person themselves will do with their power, but what others may do with it.
    True and true, but I was under the impression that those units in the desolation were no longer loyal to Joko. The ones I've seen that are still working for him (from cutscenes and random speach while lingering around the Bone Palace) seem more like F-Troop than the A-Team if you know what I mean.

I'm sorry, but I've seen nothing to imply he would be a threat, his time has passed.

If you want to discount the 'comic relief' aspect and read more into things using historic, real world examples we can try that as well. Take Napoleon's return from exile. Yes, he was still an imposing international figure, his body of work spoke for itself. He did not have nearly as great an impact on world events upon his 'comeback'. His time had passed, the mystique was gone, leaving behind a shadow of the man he once had been.

For another example, though not strictly a direct comparison, look at the many comeback attempts by Mike Tyson. Once he was a machine in the ring. He was an unstoppable force for years in the ring. Now he's a felon, unable to beat his old sparring partners. He has become a parody of himself, and has sunk to a point where he's publicly offering to fight women he outweighs by 100lbs. just to get his name back in the papers.

Sometimes the world just passes you bye. I think that is going to be the case with Joko. You can agree or not, but I have to call it like I see it here.

Correct, almost all of his once proud army has turned against him, like a MM that's died and been brought back, and he even needs our help to recruit even a few. And the ones we do get back for him ... well, they're nowhere near as strong as the Awakened.

Could he potentially regain his old strength? Yes. But will it happen in our characters lifetime? Unlikely. His position far too weak, he knows that we (as heroes capable to destroying a God, and remember - he's likely lost a lot of confidence against well-to-do hero types since his defeat by Turai) would return through the Desolation to destroy him if he tries anything, and he's a lich, and his forces aren't going to mind waiting around for a few thousand years to regain it's might.

The way i see it Joko play the role of the buffoon so we wont consider him a threat anymore. An ancient evil like Joko can wait for any potential mortal opponents to die of old age and then make his move. He got all the time in the world so I don't think he intends to repeat his old mistakes.

Server

Desolation
    Guild

Blade and Rose, Edit Conflict
    Yeah, but still, despite his bumbling excuse for an army, he still has an elite squad that are capable of destroying even the strongest demons.

Us.

We as the players made a deal with the devil, and we are still bound to his will.

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    The guy is immortal. Even if he screws up once or twice, he has all the time in the world to try again.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

the Lich was immortal also. Same was Shiro. Look what happened to them. They bit the dust for the Nth time.

The Lich and Shiro are different the Joko. The Lich was immortal in a way that he could not die of age, yet he could die by sword. Shiro made himself mortal.

Joko, on the otherhand, is immortal in a way that nothing can bring him into the next world. The most powerful heroes in all of Elona could not kill him. I think that might ammount for something.

Orick Vox
    Officer of [BaR]

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Well that's not fully true. Joko seems rather afraid of fire.