PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Antonius View Post
    If an axe murder tells jokes while he is dismembering people, does that make him less dangerous? Judging a person based upon your perception of them as being funny is not a good basis on which to say they are or aren't a threat.
    You are right, that doesn't make him less dangerous in any way. It does, however, make him less scary. Palawa has lots of power, and that is why his subjects obey him. He is nothing near a charismatic leader, like General Kahyet that influenced Varesh or Vizier Khilbron that influenced us. If he rules, that's by sheer power alone and the unability of being destroyed.

Now someone mentioned that Joker from Batman was alike. That's completely untrue. Joker threw in jokes, and very sick ones, as he did even sicker things. Joker was *not* a comic relief. Every stupid think Joker ever did or said is morbid and freakish. As people say, clowns are funny in the circus, but there's nothing funny about a smiling clown by your doorstep at night. Joker has the bizarre-factor that Palawa Joko lacks completely. The Joker probably never faced an unexpected bad turn of events for his side, and his getaway schemes are always far more complex than running away through the sand at maximum speed.

Although Palawa Joko *might* have been like Joker, now he is certainly not. If that's due to lack of power in the present of lack of character depth, I don't know.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    I can agree with that first part. It definitely makes Joko seems more approachable, but that's the whole reason I think he is so dangerous. He let's you think he is someone you can laugh with and get close to, and then he tears you a six-pack of new ones. Once again, a common trait of the sociopath. I once again draw the comparison to Tom Cruise in Collateral, as Vincent was the stereotypical sociopath.

I think a better comparison may be the original Riddler in Batman, you know, the one with the tight green bodysuit with purple question marks all over it. He looked pretty non-threatening to me, but like all Batman villians, he is crazy dangerous.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

I liked the cinematic before getting into the bone palace :).
    he's so grenth damned funny:P

Potential to become super-powerful villian: Yes.

Potential exploited: I severely doubt it.

I do not believe he is really a suitable comparison to the Joker - who is intentionally funny, to a sickening fault. From the unaccessible location to the inane workers, right down to the genuinely evil but unable to tap that power, he seems to emulate a character more like - dare I make such a forbidden comparison - Dr Drakken from Kim Possible (Shoot me. Shoot me now).

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    My favorite comparison is to Hades from Disney's take on Hercules.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

My favorite comparison is to Hades from Disney's take on Hercules.
    Now that's a comic relief, even for a Disney character... only thing cool about that guy is that he can lit cigars with his fingers.

You know what would make him really evil then? If he decided to make a fur coat out of 101 Charr cubs.

Call me sick, but I always found the Riddler and Joker quite funny.I have a dry sense of humor in certain cases,the English humor as some might call it.

That aside, I've yet to get Nightfall so I can't very much comment on Palawa Joko. Though from all the information I've been given I would have to say if we were back in Joko's hay-day he may actually have been a Joker sort of character.

Think of it this way, who is to say that all the workers he had build his Bone Palace were,in fact,Elonians he had captured and forced to work. Really now,that would make sense,since the Undead can't die and what more a sick joke could you get than forcing prisoners to build your palace?

Well that's not fully true. Joko seems rather afraid of fire.
    So he is mortal. Same as The Lich, he can't die of age, but can of fire.
    Where did i put my lighter?

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhan The Black View Post
    You know what would make him really evil then? If he decided to make a fur coat out of 101 Charr cubs.
    Then the Ascalonians are the devils themselves (read: Ascalon Armor, made of Charr skin).