PC Gaming News
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aptaleonII View Post
    I just had a thought... when Palawa Joko attacked the first time, and took over Vabbi, the three Princes hid in the Hidden City of Ahdashim, and managed to survive... is there any chance they could pull that off again? Perhaps the Princes are, in fact, alive in GW:2?
    Well, there's no timeline for Palawa's takeover.
    As Quintus mentioned, the Princes we knew are certainly long past. But they had descendants (perhaps via through Tahlkora even) that most likely lasted through to the new present-day. These princes would most likely have the location and ability to access Ahdashim, and could have hidden, and lasted there there for a while.
    Too long under Joko's rule, and they'd have probably starved or died of old age without anyone to carry on thier line (although there's plenty of space there for people to establish a "bunker city", if the prince's mentality is akin to the one we've seen, they'll go in alone).

The name?

I had the feeling that the name "Joko" came from "Joke". Maybe even "Joker".

Erasculio

Quote Originally Posted by Erasculio View Post
    I had the feeling that the name "Joko" came from "Joke". Maybe even "Joker".

Erasculio

Which means we'd eventually beat him with the help of some dude called "Bamtan"...

So far, I find the information too scetchy to actually conclude anything significant from them except what it reads. We don't even know if we'd be able to access Elona in GW2 without an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Flameheart View Post
    Well, there's no timeline for Palawa's takeover.
    As Quintus mentioned, the Princes we knew are certainly long past. But they had descendants (perhaps via through Tahlkora even) that most likely lasted through to the new present-day. These princes would most likely have the location and ability to access Ahdashim, and could have hidden, and lasted there there for a while.
    Too long under Joko's rule, and they'd have probably starved or died of old age without anyone to carry on thier line (although there's plenty of space there for people to establish a "bunker city", if the prince's mentality is akin to the one we've seen, they'll go in alone).
    "Within sixty years of Kormir's rise to godhood, Palawa Joko mustered his former power and marched a new army of mummies, zombies, and other undead out of the Crystal Desert into war with Vabbi."
    Not exactly a timeline, but it's at least a general timeframe. The princes would be gone, but their grandchildren would still be around. How long they lasted after the river was diverted we don't know, and I would imagine Joko waiting a while before sending in his army, so that the famine created by the disappearance of the Elon would have the most effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
    "Within sixty years of Kormir's rise to godhood, Palawa Joko mustered his former power and marched a new army of mummies, zombies, and other undead out of the Crystal Desert into war with Vabbi."

Not exactly a timeline, but it's at least a general timeframe. The princes would be gone, but their grandchildren would still be around. How long they lasted after the river was diverted we don't know, and I would imagine Joko waiting a while before sending in his army, so that the famine created by the disappearance of the Elon would have the most effect.
    Well, NF ends in 1075 AE, so Palawa Srikes Back happens in 1135, leaving the current Vabbian Princes dead for sure and Tahlkora at the age of 78 (if still alive). It's most likely she'd be dead as well since technically she has Mastered the Junundu as well, which means she could attack/stop Palawa if given the chance.

A bit relevant/irrelevant, but might it be more productive to try and see just where Palawa Joko would go to divert the River Elon and find the most likely area for his capital? It's not much, but we can at least get a basic idea of what Elona will/might look like in a few centuries.

I've glanced over the map of Elona and I just don't see any logical paths you might take to diverting the River Elon. At least from a Vabbi Invasion standpoint, however, I wonder how long Dzagonur Bastion lasted against the assault. Assuming it did that is, with it being designed more for a frontal assault rather than an eastern assault.

I'm wondering how long the following places held out:

1) Dzagonur Bastion
    2) Hidden City of Ahdashim
    3) Basalt Grotto (remember in Nightfall we secured this mountain pass against him)
    4) The Fortress of Jahai

Quote Originally Posted by Gmr Leon View Post
    A bit relevant/irrelevant, but might it be more productive to try and see just where Palawa Joko would go to divert the River Elon and find the most likely area for his capital? It's not much, but we can at least get a basic idea of what Elona will/might look like in a few centuries.

I've glanced over the map of Elona and I just don't see any logical paths you might take to diverting the River Elon. At least from a Vabbi Invasion standpoint, however, I wonder how long Dzagonur Bastion lasted against the assault. Assuming it did that is, with it being designed more for a frontal assault rather than an eastern assault.
    I'm guessing that Joko actually diverted the Elon river somewhere north of the Mirror of Lyss. If you go to the Grand Basilica and look at the rocks north of it, you'll see that there are still water flows coming from the rock and flowing into the Mirror.

That means that the true source of the Elon is even further north, which puts it in a place out of reach by Vabbi's patrols and where Joko could carry out his plans unhindered (and probably quite unnoticed.)
    In the end, all we have are the stories we can tell. And, if we are fortunate, somebody who will listen. - sylara{Z}
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Zainol the Tainted (N/E) - Brianna Halwind (Mo/Me) - Sir Belidan of Ri (W/R) - Kazumi Ranzou (A/Rt) - Khaemhet Rekhotep (P/D)

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    To divert the river, he'd need some sort of manmade riverbed to divert it into. How did he manage to construct a canal to divert the river into without anyone catching on?
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

Could be that he just conquered enough northern territory, and kept the front busy far enough south for long enough to divert the river. So, the invasion was a diversion, and the river diversion was the killer blow.

Also, didn't the article say how he diverted the river north? I do believe it mentions either the Desolation or the Crystal Desert becoming green...which would mean that the river would have to flow north. That probably means that the diverting of the river occurred right at the source.