PC Gaming News

how much does weapon skill effect dmg?

i was just using a golden war hammer with 19-34 req.11 and 15% while enchanted(almost always enchanted with vigorous spirit) and +29 health, when i had this hammer i was running around with 8(+1 from helm) hammer mastery, lvl 14

i didnt really like the skin so i bought a Victo's Maul with 19-35 15%^50 and +30 health and a req. 8, put one more in hammer mastery for 9

started a quest in lions arch and went out and killed some fire imps and EVERYTIME i hit them i was for 50-60 (with the war hammer i was getting like 10-15), and i dont have any +dmg hammer skills becasue i am running a knockdown holy strike build(i would have used irresistible blow but i forgot to put it on there)

so my question is: how much does hammer mastery affect my dmg because that is just an insane diffrence, or is it because those imps have like negative armor?

because your last hammer had req 11 hammer mastery and the highest you had was 9 on your character the hammer couldnt be used at its maximum damage which on that one was 19-34 but when you baught and used the victos maul which had a hammer mastery req of 9 which you could meet you got to use the full damage amount

Your mastery rank is the most important thing affecting your weapon damage. Get it as high as you can, anything less than 12 is gimping your damage.

if you dont meet the req of the weapon, you get gimped dmg. i dont even know why you were using a hammer you didnt meet the req for in the first place.

not meeting weapon req = tickle damage.

every 8 levels doubles damage. at 12, you do the damage of the weapon to a 60 armor target. At 16, it's 41% more.

If you type the word "damage" at a certain wiki that's censored around here, you'll see leads of info.

Static values:
    Attribute - Percent of listed damage
    0 35.6%
    1 38.6%
    2 42.0%
    3 45.9%
    4 50.0%
    5 54.5%
    6 59.5%
    7 64.8%
    8 70.7%
    9 77.1%
    10 84.1%
    11 91.7%
    12 100%
    13 104%
    14 107%
    15 111%
    16 115%

If you don't meet the req, it deals the same damage as a "starter weapon" you'd get in pre-searing/shing jea/whatever.

You were doing more damage because you were fighting lower level enemies with lower level armor.