Although the Guild of the Blade and Rose is currently closed to open applications for guild membership, we have decided to open our doors to a limited number of PvP-oriented Guild Wars players.
Recently, Blade and Rose began PvPing in earnest, doing everything from TA and AB to more serious ventures such as GvG and HA, all with much success. However, the number of people actively engaging in PvP within the ranks of BaR is small, and doesn't appear to be growing anytime soon. We respect our PvEing community, and they are the basis of our guild, but we also seek to respect those members who wish to do PvP.
Because of this, we will now be recruiting five PvP players into Blade and Rose. This recruitment will be somewhat more strict than our general recruitment, and the requirements will be listed below.
To be considered for recruitment, you must meet the following requirements:
- A mature and responsbile playing attitude. If we cannot trust you, you will not be in the guild.
- A respectable attitude while engaged in battle. Players who shout insults at the other team of public chat channels, gloat in victory over a fallen team, or are abusive or unpleasent towards fellow teammates will find no place in Blade and Rose.
- At least Rank 1 or equivalent Gladiator or Champion titles. While we respect all people who wish to PvP, right now we are looking for more experienced players to help strengthen the guild.
- Open-minded and willing to learn and teach other guildmates. Not everyone may be experienced as you at PvP. As such, we are seeking people who are not only willing to teach, but also willing to learn from us. Growing together makes us stronger as a whole.
- No elitist attitude. We are not looking for "133t" players here. What we want are newer, and somewhat experienced players. That's not to say battle hardened veterns would not be considered, but anyone who feels they are better than anyone else will not be considered for membership. Leave the condescension at the door.
- Must be on at least once every other weekday, and most times on weekends. Obviously, life comes first in the guild, but we are looking for players who are on a majority of the time to maximize our ability to effectively PvP
- Must be willing to work and team with other guildmates. This one is self explanatory. We will be PvPing as a guild, and as such, we expect people who we recruit to actively participate in the guild.
If you meet these requirements, please feel free to submit your application here in this thread. Make sure to include your:
- In-game Name (IGN)
- World Region (Europe, America, etc)
- Estimated hours of play a day for weekdays and weekends
- Rank/Gladiator/Champion level
- Classes most skilled with
- Any other information you think may help, such as prior PvP experience, and the like
Because this is a limited recruitment, not all applicants will end up in the guild. Also, to effectively test the potential recruits, applicants will be interviewed by a Blade and Rose officer, and upon approval, undergo a two-week probationary membership. At the end of this, if the guild feels the applicant is a good fit, he or she will be welcomed into Blade and Rose as a full member with all the rights and privlidges awarded to that rank.
As we fill up our spots, I will update this thread so that potential applicants are aware of how many spots remain, and who has been accepted.
As of now, there are FIVE spots open.
Thank you for your time, and for your interest in Blade and Rose PvP.