PC Gaming News

Yet another form of the IW Mesmer.

It all started back with the flurry Me/W, several nerfs latter it saw very little use.

Then there was the Me/A feigned neutrality, which Ihae to admit is a very nice combo.

Then while looking through the derv line I noticed sand shards.

- Sand Shards (Earth Prayers)
    For 30 seconds, whenever you fail to hit with a scyth attack, all nearby foes take 5..21 damage.
    Energy:5 Cast:1 Recharge:15

Nearby is a fairly generous AoE...

Now all we need are a couple scythe attacks...

- Lyssa's Assault (Scythe Mastery)
    This attack strikes for +5..17 damage if it hits. If you are under the effects of an Enchantment, you gain 10 Energy.
    Energy:10 Cast:0 Recharge:8

Free scythe attack while under the effects of an enchantment? Perfect.

- Twin Moon Sweep (Scythe Mastery)
    You lose one Enchantment. If an Enchantment is lost in this way, you strike twice and gain 20..44 health.
    Energy:5 Cast:0 Recharge:6

Just make sure you don't remove IW Combo with Vital Boon or even sandshards (wait until it recharges before using it). Heath is just a bonus, main strength is in the double strike.

Anyways this is still untested. I'll try it out tomorrow.

Doesn't work. It was tested in the first Nightfall preview event months ago.

Plus, what is so bad with Flurry IW? How was it nerfed - and is it recently? I haven't played for a few weeks, but before then I found that combo to be quite effective.
    Mirka's Characters
    Mirka Gatti (Me/W) ; Passive Geist (Rt/Mo) ; Brian Ice (Wa/Mo)
    Alessandra Gatti (Me/N) ; Dave Rodgers (A/Mo) ; Vlad Felsen (E/Me)
    Maen Hyjour (P/W) ; Daemon Hyjour (D/W) ; Nuage Molaneux (Mo/Rt)

The only nerf to IW is the huge boost to Enchantment removal in NF.

I think the original IW was actually combined with barrage and hundred blades. I wasn't playing back then though.

just 100 blades, anet didnt like how mesmers were able to spike for 84 to an area, so they made 100 blades elite right before release; so it cant be used with iw