PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: PvE Barrageway

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Zingeri View Post
    Crit Barrage has been mathmatically proven to be weaker than normal Barrage.
    That's funny but sad if you truly believe that. Did you calculate the dmg from bleeding or the skills based on conditions that become available through the bleeding?
    Last edited by Xunlai Agent; 06-12-2006 at 20:56.

  2. #12
    Where was it proven? I can't find where X.x

  3. #13
    arrex
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zingeri View Post
    Crit Barrage has been mathmatically proven to be weaker than normal Barrage. Plus, with GTFE and Zealous Bows on my Rangers, there's no direct advantage anyways.
    Its not the damage its the combination with Virulence + Epidemic

  4. #14
    Arrex is quite right, Virulence and Epidemic give Crit Barrage an edge, but if you just shoot even bleeding on all targets cannot beat the damage dealt by a ranger with higher marksmanship.

    I am not going to argue if Virulence+Epidemic+Crit Barrage are better than Ranger Barragers, it takes some more Micro Management for sure and I do not really want to compare different but similar playstyles.

    BTW: GFTE and Barrage - I think only ONE arrow is affected. I wanted to test it long ago, but did not so far.

    In the preview event it only worked on ONE arrow.

  5. #15
    GWOnline.Net Member
    Posts

    12
    Anthelm of flame triggers only on 1 arrow

    I run MoP with 2 barragers hero and Koss to pack the mobs togethers, that pulls some nice damage :



    thats only MoP at 16curses, when I add Desecrate, barbed, SS it becomes even more funny.
    the main thing is to succeed in making Koss tank well

  6. #16
    arrex
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Longasc View Post
    I am not going to argue if Virulence+Epidemic+Crit Barrage are better than Ranger Barragers, it takes some more Micro Management for sure and I do not really want to compare different but similar playstyles.
    Olias or Whiskers (my nickname for the Master) running as Nec/Mes correctly use Virulence and Epidemic (while using up corpses to create minions etc). You lose out on the 2 other nice elites they use well - Golem or Icy Veins but the a resultant carnage is worthwhile.

  7. #17
    GWOnline.Net Member Quaker Tu's Avatar
    Posts

    23
    I have run:

    ME (R/Mo)
    Distracting Shot, Barrage, Tiger's Fury, Throw Dirt, [Healing Breeze or w/e], ComfA, CharmA, Rebirth
    Urgoz's Flatbow/Shortbow, Vampiric (5/-1) Shortbow - switch as situation demands
    pet Lion

    Margrid (R/Mo):
    Favorable Winds, Barrage, Bestial Fury, [pet attack], ComfA, CharmA, Rebirth
    Drago's Flatbow
    pet Lioness

    Tahikora (Mo/R):
    Barrage, Bestial Fury, Feral Lunge, ComfA, CharmA, Rebirth, [Smite Hex]
    Drago's Vampiric Flatbow
    pet Melandru's Stalker

    Olias:
    Shambling Horror, Flesh Golem, Bone Horror, Vampiric Horror, Blood of the Master, Heal Area, Rebirth
    Woe Spreader

    Two Henchie monks

    -----

    It seems to work quite well so far, when I don't have to take a particular Hero. Only as I have gotten up into the Desolation have I needed to add any henchies - usually Sogolon and Odura.
    I use Tahikora as a Mo/R because I stupidly got Sousouke instead of Jin.

  8. #18
    GWOnline.Net Member DrMadCat's Avatar
    Posts

    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzierzy Mierz View Post
    Godhead, please keep your rude comments to yourself. Thanks.
    I think someone doesn't understand the word Asinine.

    Besides, the "Barrageway" makes no sense. The word Asinine was used correctly, so please don't flame people like you're the all knowing.

    IWAY means I Will Avenge You.

    The usage of BarrageWAY within Guild Wars translates to Barrage Will Avenge You. This doesn't make sense, sorry, someone using Barrageway does appear to be asinine.

    You have thrown an insult at Godhead, whether or not he is offended, I don't know. How about, as a mod, you keep your rude comments to yourself. Claiming someone is being rude, when you have little evidence other than a word you are lacking on comprehending well? What tripe!!!

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMadCat View Post
    I think someone doesn't understand the word Asinine.
    Main Entry: as·i·nine
    Pronunciation: 'a-s&-"nIn
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Latin asininus, from asinus ***
    1 : extremely or utterly foolish <an asinine excuse>
    2 : of, relating to, or resembling an ***

    Source:
    http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/asinine Merriam-Webster Dictionary

    Quote Originally Posted by DrMadCat

    You have thrown an insult at Godhead, whether or not he is offended, I don't know. How about, as a mod, you keep your rude comments to yourself. Claiming someone is being rude, when you have little evidence other than a word you are lacking on comprehending well? What tripe!!!

    I would suggest that if you have a problem with a mod, that you take it up with an administrator.

    And while we are at it:

    Main Entry: tripe
    Pronunciation: 'trIp
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French
    1 : stomach tissue especially of a ruminant (as an ox) used as food
    2 : something poor, worthless, or offensive
    Watch the flames, pal.

  10. #20
    GWOnline.Net Member DrMadCat's Avatar
    Posts

    19
    Just going ahead and putting time aside to get a source of the definition of the word, because hey, you already knew what it means, right? And your point is?

    And if I have a problem with a mod, I'll bring it up with a mod. Unlike most people, I don't bow down and suck up in fear because of a label. You should know better, and set a better example. I mean, honestly, a Mod who comes in and rampages around making statements that something is rude, is, in fact, rude.

    That aside, you're also jumping to dictionaries again to prove something about the word "Tripe"? And now, you're jumping to a conclusion that there's a flame intended with the word. Directly at whom, might I ask?

    Don't be silly!!! As with most languages, words do not always mean the same in every dialect. I suggest if you want to prove something, you bring up every definition for "Tripe" in the English language and every dialect you can find in English too, while you're at it. Can't figure my dialect out on here? Oh, too bad.

    Sorry, pal, it's obviously not your fault the way you are.. Now, let's see every one come to your rescue. I may be labeled as a troll, but if that is true, I am not more troll than this guy.

    Have a nice day Dzierzy Mierz, and remember, today was the day you got owned by the MadCat. Only kidding of course!! Haha. (I'll probably get banned for public free speech LOL).

Posting Permissions

Posting Permissions

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off