PC Gaming News

Life Sheath question

Now, I've tried the search feature to little success, so I was wondering if someone else would be kind enough to answer me. Quite simply, if I apply both the rarely used Life Sheath to an ally as well as Life bond, which halves damage, which skill would tigger first?

Would the effect of Life Sheath essentially double, since Life Bond negates half the damage, or would Life Sheath trigger earlier and only have half the effect?

Good question, I have no idea, if you figure it out PM me pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Siako View Post
    Would the effect of Life Sheath essentially double, since Life Bond negates half the damage, or would Life Sheath trigger earlier and only have half the effect?
    I believe Life Sheath triggers regardless. I've done some playing around with Reversal of Fortune and Life Sheath, life sheath still counts the dmg. I am assuming that it would do the same with Life Bond. "assuming"

I am not sure too but most probably it depends where it is placed. If you have life bond on your team mate and then put Life Sheath...then Life Sheath prevent the damage that is already rediced by the bond. But if you first place Life Sheath and then put the bond....Life Sheath triggers first. I did not test it, but it a logical assumption..from what i have seen.

I've heard that with life bond/life barrier, the order of placement affects which ones halves the damage first - and thus how much damage the monk takes. I think the same would be true for the life sheath, in the order last to first...so you'd have to keep recasting life bond, after the life sheaths to get the desired effect...not sure though.

With Protective Spirit/Life Sheath, Life Sheath will always trigger first, regardless of placement.

I have tested this myself (on a 55mo).

All the evidence so far would indicate that Life Sheath always triggers first. It could be interesting to form a list of orders in which buffs trigger over each other. For example, Spirit Bond will trigger even if PS reduces the damage below 60 etc.