PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 130 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MStarfire View Post
    You couldn't make this more overpowered if you tried. Ever hear of Glyph of Sacrifice? Makes your 8 second cast irrelevant. Four eles casting this in concert would ruin everything.
    Nerf the Glyph since that's always has been the solution anyway. Nevertheless, an Elite skill SHOULD be a game breaker. As of now, we get Elites that do you more harm than good.
    ~jvxmtg

~ I officially quit Guild Wars and will not buy any Anet product in the future starting today, June 19, 2007. I've given all my items and cash to Erasculio and I'm sure he'll be rich with some of them. :wink: ~

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    Quote Originally Posted by MStarfire View Post
    Except you never tell us which spells to compare it to. Please, I'd really like to know how to disable ALL of a foe's fire magic spells without using Blackout. I'd much rather be exhausted than not have a skillbar for 5 seconds. So please, which skills already exist in GW that can do this?
    i never said they exist, i only say that the requedmend is just as mutch as a normal spell.
    exastmend is verry rarely or even not in an elite at all, most elites also come n where near the 25 energy,highest energy is 15.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran6 months registered5000 Experience Points
    Oppression (Domination magic)
    10 energy
    1 casting
    8 recharge
    Elite spell. Deals 15-45 chaos damage. If attacking, your target takes an additional 15-35 chaos damage. If target foe is under the effect of an enchantement, this spell recharges instantly.

Black Light (Death Magic)
    10 energy
    ¼ casting
    20 recharge
    Elite Hex spell. For 2-7 seconds, when target foe is healed, the foe takes 80-115% of the healing as damage and that healing is negated.

Plague Sacrifice (Curses)
    5 energy
    ¾ casting
    20 recharge
    Elite Hex spell. For 4-14 seconds, when target foe sacrifices health, every foes in the area loose 115-150% as much health.

Ghost Agony (Channeling magic)
    5 energy
    ¾ casting
    15 recharge
    Elite spell. Deals 5-20 lightning damage for each enchantment and hex on that foe. (Maximum of 140)

Paranoļa (Communing)
    10 energy
    4 casting
    45 recharge
    Elite Binding ritual. Create a level 1-7 spirit. This spirit attacks deal 5-30 damage. Each successeful attack increases its attack speed by 2%. This spirit dies after 30-75 seconds.

Assassin

Windmill Strike {e} 10e 8r
    Elite Lead Attack. If this attack hits, you strike for +19...29 damage. If this attack is used after an off-hand attack, it also does bleeding for 3-8 seconds. If this attack is used after a dual attack, it also does a deep wound for 2-6 seconds.
    (Attribute: Critical Strikes)

(I really want an elite lead attack)
    Last edited by Im Worthless; 13-12-2006 at 00:25. Reason: Forgot to add the attribute for the skill

Imbalance - Elite Spell - Fast Casting
    10 energy, 1sec cast, 30 sec recharge
    Any stance being used by your target ends and you gain 2..6 energy. (50% failure chance with Fast Casting 4 or less.)

While the above could be considered Illusion/Domination, the next one is definitely related to how fast someone can cast spells (ie. Fast Casting atribute)
    Gift of Essence - Elite Enchantment - Fast Casting
    15 energy, 2 sec cast, 30 sec recharge
    For 5..10 seconds, target ally's spells cast 15..30% faster and your spells cast 15..30% slower (50% failure chance with Fast Casting 4 or less.)

Enchanting Lottery - Elite Hex - Domination Magic
    10 energy, 2 second cast, 30 sec recharge
    For 1..5 seconds any enchantment cast on target foe is redirected to one of your allies. If that ally is you, Enchanting Lottery's recharge is cut in half. (50% failure chance with Fast Casting 4 or less.)
    Last edited by Degas; 13-12-2006 at 14:24.

Quote Originally Posted by jvxmtg View Post
    Nerf the Glyph since that's always has been the solution anyway. Nevertheless, an Elite skill SHOULD be a game breaker. As of now, we get Elites that do you more harm than good.
    First of all, the solution to what problem?

Even if you nerfed the glyph, this skill would turn pretty much all PvP into "which team of 4-12 eles can get the spell off first?" And elite skills being game breakers would turn PvE into "blah blah blah spam my elite blah blah blah oh look another mob ELITE ELITE ELITE" and PvP into "ok guys, just remember, spam your elites and don't worry about any other strategy". It'd basically be a game of chance: did your team bring the elite that will counter their elite? To this end, I propose a new form of PvP: Elite Battles. Your skillbar is reduced to one slot, you get no weapons, no focii, and no armor. Just try to spam your elite as much as you can.

Some elites aren't worth the drawback, agreed. That's why nobody uses them. I'm sure there's a list somewhere of elites that shouldn't be elites, but then again in high-level team play, I'm sure every elite can be worked into an effective team build somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBuster View Post
    Plague Sacrifice (Curses)
    5 energy
    ¾ casting
    20 recharge
    Elite Hex spell. For 4-14 seconds, when target foe sacrifices health, every foes in the area loose 115-150% as much health.

Ghost Agony (Channeling magic)
    5 energy
    ¾ casting
    15 recharge
    Elite spell. Deals 5-20 lightning damage for each enchantment and hex on that foe. (Maximum of 140)

Paranoļa (Communing)
    10 energy
    4 casting
    45 recharge
    Elite Binding ritual. Create a level 1-7 spirit. This spirit attacks deal 5-30 damage. Each successeful attack increases its attack speed by 2%. This spirit dies after 30-75 seconds.
    I really really like these. Plague Sacrifice is awesome.

I had another idea for a skill titled Paranioa that could be a useful hex or enchantment, as in:

Paranoia (attrib: Illusion Magic)
    10/2/30
    Elite Hex. For 16 seconds, target foe loses (4...10) armor every time they are struck with physical damage.

-or-

Paranoia (attrib: Inspiration Magic)
    10/1/20
    Elite Enchantment spell. Target ally gains (4...10) armor every time they receive physical damage.

Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    i never said they exist, i only say that the requedmend is just as mutch as a normal spell.
    exastmend is verry rarely or even not in an elite at all, most elites also come n where near the 25 energy,highest energy is 15.
    Rampage as One: 25 energy
    Panic: 25 energy
    Ether Prism: 25 energy
    Xinrae's Weapon: 25 energy
    Lingering Curse: 25 energy
    Order of Apostasy: 25 energy

Ether Prodigy: exhaustion
    Mind Freeze: exhaustion
    Energy Boon: exhaustion
    Invoke Lightning: exhaustion
    Mind Burn: exhaustion
    Mind Shock: exhaustion
    Ride the Lightning: exhaustion
    Second Wind: exhaustion

/sigh

Anyway.

Melandru's Accuracy (attrib: Marksmanship)
    5/0/15
    Elite stance. for (8...24) seconds, your arrows cannot be "blocked", "dodged", or "evaded". Melandru's Accuracy ends if you use any non-ranger skill.
    (skills and conditions that cause attacks to miss, such as Mist Form and blindness, would still be in effect.)

Way of the Roaring Dragon (attrib: Critical Strikes)
    10/0/60
    Elite Stance. Shadow step to target foe. For 24 seconds your dagger attacks have an additional (15...65)% chance to critical and an additional (10...50)% chance to double strike, but every dagger attack skill used is disabled until the stance ends. When Way of the Roaring Dragon ends, all your dagger attacks are recharged and you gain 2 energy for every critical and double strike you inflicted while in the stance.
    (cumbersome wording, sorry!)

Assassin's Retreat (attrib: Shadow Arts)
    5/1/20
    Elite Enchantment. While you maintain this enchantment, if you are interrupted or knocked down while attacking, shadow step to random ally and Assassin's Retreat ends. If Assassin's Retreat ends in this way, gain (30...180) health and (2...10) energy.

Spiritual Haste (attrib: Communing)
    10/2/20
    Elite Binding Ritual. Create a level (1..12) spirit. All allies in the area move 25% faster and attack 33% faster. This spirit dies after (20...90) seconds.

Unbinding Catastrophe (attrib: Communing)
    15/.25/20
    Elite Spell. Destroy all allied spirits within earshot. All foes in the area take 150 lightning damage. For each spirit destroyed, foes are dazed, crippled and blinded for (1...3) seconds.

Miscalculation (attrib: Domination Magic)
    10/.25/20
    Elite Hex. For the next (4...20) seconds, target foe has a 50% chance to miss with attack skills. For every attack skill that succeeds, that foe is crippled and weakened for 3 seconds.

Zen of the Warrior (attrib: Strength)
    2/0/20
    Elite Skill. Lose all adrenaline. For each strike of adrenaline, gain (1...4) energy.

Energetic Anger (attrib: Strength)
    5/0/20
    Elite Stance. For (5...16) seconds, you attack 33% faster. Whenever you would gain adrenaline, you gain 1 energy instead. When Energetic Anger ends, all your adrenal skills are recharged.

Weight of the Earth (attrib: Illusion Magic)
    5/0/20
    Elite Enchantment. For 30 seconds, target ally moves 33% slower. Whenever target ally is knocked down, all nearby foes suffer (30...100) earth damage and are knocked down.

Grenth's Feast (attrib: Death Magic)
    10/0/60
    Elite Spell. Destroy all minions bound to you. The total health of all destroyed minions is tripled, and distributed evenly to all allies. If you destroy the maximum number of minions allowed by your rank in Death Magic, all your animation spells are instantly recharged.

Ugh...3 am and I can think of no more =)
    Last edited by MStarfire; 14-12-2006 at 11:59. Reason: modified Assassin's Retreat

Aura Siphoning - Stance - For 30 seconds enchantments on you expire 50% faster and maintained enchantments cost double to maintain. For each enchantment on you, you gain +1 energy regeneration.
    (exploitable, yes. but it is gonna be hard to pull it off.)

Aura Theft - Target foe loses one enchantment. If that enchantment wasn't a maintained enchantment, you gain that enchantment for the remaining duration of the one removed.
    (wording would need to be cleaned up, but the concept could be fun)

"Hold The Line!" - Shout - The next stance used by each other ally in earshot lasts 25% longer.
    "Prepare Yourselves!" - Shout - The next preparation used by each other ally in earshot lasts 25% longer.
    (pretty self explanatory I think. The 'other' in both merely there to prevent solo farmers from abusing it)

Quicksilver Mantra - Stance - for 15 seconds, Hexes and Enchantments on you expire 50% faster, and you move 25% faster.
    (better duration than most run skills, and causes enchants and hexes to basically slide right off of you.)

"I Will Kill You!" - Shout - for 5 seconds, each successful attack on target foe deals an additional 5 damage.
    (Basically the warrior's counter to Shield of Absorption, and only works on the foe you target with it. On a side note, I always enjoyed firing "I Will Survive" Followed by "You Will Die", so this would be a cheesy finish for the combo)

Danse Macabre - Spell - Exploit all corpses in the area. Each corpse spawns a bone minion.
    (for those days when you REALLY want corpses running around. the minions would have the same stats as the ones from their own spell.)

Grenth's Wrath - Spell - (basically, Putrid Explosion effect from all corpses in your area, but 25% or so weaker to offset possible numbers)

GWOnline.Net Member
    Something for the W/Mos... With this skill maybe they would leave Mending at home and start doing some damage :p

Righteous Smite (Strength, Attack skill)

10 Energy + 10 Adrenaline

Lose all adrenaline. If this attack hits, you deal +5...41 damage plus 3 holy damage for each rank of Smiting Prayers you have, and cause a Deep Wound for 1...10 seconds plus three seconds for each hex spell on target foe's skillbar. Target foe is knocked down. Righteous Smite cannot be "blocked" or "evaded"

Confuse Enchantments (Domination Magic, Hex spell)

20 Energy
    3 seconds cast time
    45 seconds recharge

For 1...13 seconds, all enchantments on target foe has opposite effect.
    (explanation: healing breeze would give degen, elemental attunement would make you lose energy, unyielding aura would kill the enchanted person, healing seed would be like mark of pain, etc)

Death pact (Critical strikes)

10e 1/4 cast 10 recharge

Elite hex spell. For 15....45 seconds, the caster and target foe deal +15 damage. When this hex ends, caster and target foe die. If hex is removed prematurely, caster and target foe gain +60....+120 health.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran6 months registered5000 Experience Points
    Mystic Haze (Mysticism)
    5 energy
    1 casting
    30 recharge
    Elite Enchantement spell. For 2-10 seconds, you gain 25-65% chances to dodge projectiles and 1-4 Energy regeneration.

Holy Retaliation (Mysticism)
    10 energy
    1 casting
    30 recharge
    Elite Enchantement spell. For 7-14 seconds, attackers suffer from 7-20 Holy damage for each enchantment on you. When this Enchantment ends, you lose one Enchantment.

Battle Frenzy (Strenght)
    10 energy
    45 recharge
    Elite Stance. For 15 seconds, all your non-attack skills are disabled. For 4-19 seconds, you attack 33% faster and gain double adrenaline from attacks. Battle Frenzy ends if any of your attacks fails to hit. When Battle Frenzy ends, you lose all adrenaline.

Mighty Attacks (Strenght)
    7 adrenaline
    30 recharge
    Elite Stance. For 3-10 seconds, your attacks knock down hexed foes.

Blood of the Fallen (Blood Magic)
    15 energy
    2 casting
    60 recharge
    Elite Enchantement spell. You are enchanted with Blood of the Fallen for 5-20 seconds. If you die, the foe that killed you suffers from 3-8 health degeneration for 5-17 seconds. If that foe has less than 50% of its maximum health at the end of the skill's duration, you are resurrected with 50% Health and 75% Energy and this skill is disabled for an additionnal 30 seconds.
    (if the foe dies, the skill ends and he is considered at less than 50%...)

Restless Soul (Death Magic)
    25 energy
    5 casting
    60 recharge
    Elite Spell. Revive target ally to full Health and Energy. That ally cannot be the target of any friendly skills and suffers from 8-4 Health degeneration.

Mirage (Illusion Magic)
    10 energy
    ¾ casting
    30 recharge
    Elite Hex spell. For 3-10 seconds, target foe is considered as an enemy for his allies and his foes alike.
    This means:
    -Your enemies' skills and attacks can harm him, either by directly targeting him, or by any AoE skills.
    -He cannot be the target of his allies' friendly skills.
    -His friendly skills can still affect his allies.
    Last edited by PsyBuster; 14-12-2006 at 17:48.