PC Gaming News
Page 17 of 130 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    Mind Control
    Cost: 15 plus -1 energy regen
    CT: 6
    RT: 2
    Elite Hex. Target non-player, non-spirit foe is hexed with Mind Control. For 20...60 seconds, you become its master. (50% failure chance with Domination Magic 9 or less).

Explanation: Target foe remains hostile and can be attacked by your party but will not attack back. They will only attack what you attack and will use skills in their skill bar as they see fit. This hex ends normally when you change zones. Since this is a maintenance Hex, like the maintenance Enchantment, it ends when you ran out of energy.
    ~jvxmtg

~ I officially quit Guild Wars and will not buy any Anet product in the future starting today, June 19, 2007. I've given all my items and cash to Erasculio and I'm sure he'll be rich with some of them. :wink: ~

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran6 months registered5000 Experience Points
    Glyph of Power (No Attribute - Elementalist)
    5e / 1c / 30r
    Elite Glyph. For 15 seconds, your attributes are boosted by 2 for your next 3 spells.

Corpse Reaping (Soul Reaping)
    10e / 1c / 30r
    Elite Enchantment Spell. For 5-30 seconds, you gain 5-30 Health whenever a fleshy creature near you dies.

Scavenged Strength (Beast Mastery)
    10e / 0c / 30r
    Elite Skill. Exploit an adjacent corpse. For 30 seconds, both you and your animal companion deal 20-75% more damage with attacks.
    (Only works if you have a living pet)

*EDIT*
    Quote Originally Posted by jvxmtg View Post
    Mind Control
    Cost: 15 plus -1 energy regen
    CT: 6
    RT: 2
    Elite Hex. Target non-player, non-spirit foe is hexed with Mind Control. For 20...60 seconds, you become its master. (50% failure chance with Domination Magic 9 or less).

Explanation: Target foe remains hostile and can be attacked by your party but will not attack back. They will only attack what you attack and will use skills in their skill bar as they see fit. This hex ends normally when you change zones. Since this is a maintenance Hex, like the maintenance Enchantment, it ends when you ran out of energy.
    Interresting for PvE, but it would be useless for PvP, unless your enemies have a pet or animate minions.
    Last edited by PsyBuster; 25-01-2007 at 23:22.

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBuster View Post
    5e / 1c / 30r
    Elite Glyph. For 15 seconds, your attributes are boosted by 2 for your next 3 spells.
    This is definitely a keeper, but that RT is too long. GoEP recharges every 5 seconds. Maybe a recharge of 10-15, but definitely unseable with 30 second recharge.

Corpse Reaping (Soul Reaping)
    10e / 1c / 30r
    Elite Enchantment Spell. For 5-30 seconds, you gain 5-30 Health whenever a fleshy creature near you dies.
    What if you gain health everytime you gain energy from soul reaping instead?

Elite Enchantment Spell. For 5-30 seconds, you gain 5-30 health everytime you gain energy from Soul Reaping.
    Right now, it's too limited to be useable.

Interresting for PvE, but it would be useless for PvP, unless your enemies have a pet or animate minions.
    Exactly.
    ~jvxmtg

~ I officially quit Guild Wars and will not buy any Anet product in the future starting today, June 19, 2007. I've given all my items and cash to Erasculio and I'm sure he'll be rich with some of them. :wink: ~

GWOnline.Net Member
    Illusion of Protection
    Elite Hex
    Illusion Magic
    5 EN/ 2 CT/ 25 RT
    For 10 seconds, target foe has +60 armour. When Illusion of Protection ends, target foe loses 3..6 health for each attack it took during Illusion of Protection up to a maximum of 200.

"We Stand United!"
    Elite Shout
    Command
    5 EN/ 0 CT/ 25 RT
    For 10 seconds, your next attack deals +3..8 damage for each ally within earshot up to a maximum of 100.

5e / 1c / 30r
    um..

Glyph of Elemental Power:
    5e/1c/5r
    For 15 seconds, your elemental attributes are boosted by 2 for your next 5 spells.

And it's non elite. So why should we introduce an ELITE that does WORSE?

For an elite, i'd hope for something like:
    Glyph of Elemental Supremacy (unlinked, elementalist glyph)
    5/1/30
    For 20 seconds, your elemental attributes are boosted by 3, and you gain 10..70% of the energy cost of your next 5 spells.

Quote Originally Posted by MStarfire View Post
    um..

Glyph of Elemental Power:
    5e/1c/5r
    For 15 seconds, your elemental attributes are boosted by 2 for your next 5 spells.

And it's non elite. So why should we introduce an ELITE that does WORSE?

For an elite, i'd hope for something like:
    Glyph of Elemental Supremacy (unlinked, elementalist glyph)
    5/1/30
    For 20 seconds, your elemental attributes are boosted by 3, and you gain 10..70% of the energy cost of your next 5 spells.
    If you look closely, it would work for any spell in the game, for any profession. It doesn't only boost your Elemental attributes, but the attributes for any of the next 3 spells you use.

Plus, if your Glyph of Elemental Supremacy is unlinked, you cannot have a variable number in the description, since you'd have no way to increase it.
    Last edited by PsyBuster; 26-01-2007 at 14:46.

corpse exploitation (soul reaping)
    elite skill
    5-1/2-10
    exploit one nearby corpse, for 15 seconds you gain 5..20 health and 1..2 (can not be 3) energy each second, but suffer from -1 energy degeneration. (50% failure chance with soul reaping 8 or less)

(that -1 is not that you have minus 1 energy regen but just 3 intead of 4)

blood of the enemy (blood magic)
    elite hex spell
    10-1-15
    for 15 seconds, steal 5-20 (25 with 15) health from target hexed foe each second, and target foe suffers from -2..3 (4 with 14) health degeneration.

If you look closely, it would work for any spell in the game, for any profession. It doesn't only boost your Elemental attributes, but the attributes for any of the next 3 spells you use.

Plus, if your Glyph of Elemental Supremacy is unlinked, you cannot have a variable number in the description, since you'd have no way to increase it.
    Good call on the unlinked. Make it a flat 66% energy regain.

And still, I think your glyph is a bit underpowered. THink about it: it's an elementalist glyph, so that's the only way to use it, right? And since anyone going even Elementalist Secondary would use that for Elementalist spells, the existing glyph is still the better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by fire magic wins View Post
    elite skill
    5-1/2-10
    exploit one nearby corpse, for 15 seconds you gain 5..20 health and 1..2 (can not be 3) energy each second, but suffer from -1 energy degeneration. (50% failure chance with soul reaping 8 or less)

(that -1 is not that you have minus 1 energy regen but just 3 intead of 4)
    Ughm... Well of Power?
    Elite Well spell. Exploit nearest corpse to create a Well of Power at that location. For 8...18 seconds, allies within the area of Well of Power gain +1...5 Health regeneration and +2 Energy regeneration.

elite hex spell
    10-1-15
    for 15 seconds, steal 5-20 (25 with 15) health from target hexed foe each second, and target foe suffers from -2..3 (4 with 14) health degeneration.
    Ughm...Life Transfer?
    Elite Hex Spell. For 6...11 seconds, target foe suffers Health degeneration of 3...7, which you gain as Health regeneration.
    Last edited by MStarfire; 26-01-2007 at 19:59.

fire magic wins, you may think that my purpose here is to harass you, but...
    I really think that your ideas would just overpower the Necromancer.
    elite skill
    5-1/2-10

(that -1 is not that you have minus 1 energy regen but just 3 intead of 4).
    I think 300 health is a bit too much, as you can maintain this as long as there are corpses, with a doubled effect for 4 seconds. Well of Power beats that anyway, as it can affect allies too.

elite hex spell
    10-1-15
    Over 15 seconds, this deals 375 damage, another 175 damage with degeneration and heals you for 375 health. And you can still re-apply it 1 second after it has ended. Sigh...
    At Blood Magic 14-15-16, Life Transfer deals 192 damage over 12 seconds and heals you for 192 Health over 12 seconds. And note that it has a recharge time of 30 seconds.
    Compared to this, yours is hugely overpowered...

Grave Digger (Death Magic)
    10e / 1c / 15r
    Elite Spell. Exploit all corpses in the area. You gain 5-20 Health and 1-4 Energy for each corpse exploited this way.

"Hold On!" (Motivation)
    5e / 0c / 25r
    Elite Shout. For 10 seconds, all party members within earshot and below 50% Health, gain an additionnal 5-30 Health when healed.

Weapon Swap (Strength)
    5e / 0c / 30r
    Elite Stance. For 15 seconds, your next 1-4 Attack Skills use your Strength attribute instead of its normal attribute.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    Shattering Arrow (Marksmanship)

10e/0c/15r

Elite Bow Attack. If this attack hits, target foe takes +4-20 damage. If target foe is enchanted then that enchantment is removed and all nearby foes take 20-52 damage.