PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 130 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Hijo Jhinn, please do not use multiple posts to add things with in the one hour edit time. Just add to your original post.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    Quote Originally Posted by halfthought View Post
    actually, I think all but the first one are fine
    just look at the last 2 and then compair it with a normal spell, you will see that both the energy and exastion makes it a normal spell.

Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    just look at the last 2 and then compair it with a normal spell, you will see that both the energy and exastion makes it a normal spell.
    Except you never tell us which spells to compare it to. Please, I'd really like to know how to disable ALL of a foe's fire magic spells without using Blackout. I'd much rather be exhausted than not have a skillbar for 5 seconds. So please, which skills already exist in GW that can do this?

Quote Originally Posted by halfthought View Post
    actually, I think all but the first one are fine
    You're right, after thinking about it it could probably benefit from a longer duration at the expense of a longer recharge time for balance. Maybe it oculd last 12...28 seconds and have a 60 second recharge time? I know I'd love to be able to trap without being interrupted if my team gets mobbed, especially with the new AI update sending melee attackers to the back line.
    Last edited by MStarfire; 11-12-2006 at 21:31.

Falling Star
    Cost: 80 energy
    CT: 8 seconds
    RC: 60 seconds
    Elite Spell. Target foe and all foes within earshot of your target are struck for 91..250 fire damage, knocked down, and set on fire for 3...5 seconds. This spell causes double Exhaustion.

Wouldn't this be the kind of spell you would want to interrupt? And it gives a new meaning to the term "nukers"?
    ~jvxmtg

~ I officially quit Guild Wars and will not buy any Anet product in the future starting today, June 19, 2007. I've given all my items and cash to Erasculio and I'm sure he'll be rich with some of them. :wink: ~

Quote Originally Posted by jvxmtg View Post
    Falling Star
    Cost: 80 energy
    CT: 8 seconds
    RC: 60 seconds
    Elite Spell. Target foe and all foes within earshot of your target are struck for 91..250 fire damage, knocked down, and set on fire for 3...5 seconds. This spell causes double Exhaustion.

Wouldn't this be the kind of spell you would want to interrupt? And it gives a new meaning to the term "nukers"?
    You couldn't make this more overpowered if you tried. Ever hear of Glyph of Sacrifice? Makes your 8 second cast irrelevant. Four eles casting this in concert would ruin everything.

Aura of Extravagance (attrib: Inspiration Magic)
    5/0/20
    Elite Enchantment. For 10 seconds, target ally's next (1...5) attack skills strike all foes in the ally's area.

Shield of Mitigation (attrib: Protection Prayers)
    15/1/60
    Elite enchantment. For the next (3...15) seconds, all damage recieved by allies is distributed evenly amongst all allies. The damage recieved after redistribution is reduced by 33%.
    Last edited by MStarfire; 12-12-2006 at 09:22.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Shield of Mitigation (attrib: Protection Prayers)
    15/1/60
    Elite enchantment. For the next (3...15) seconds, all damage recieved by allies is distributed evenly amongst all allies. The damage recieved after redistribution is reduced by 33%.
    what if people didnt want to take the damage that others got, maby it could be distributed ammongst all allies with this enchantment, and its one of those enchantments you have to maintain.
    Last edited by billbee; 12-12-2006 at 09:56.

GWOnline.Net Member
    I'm suprised anet hasn't copied this idea from WoTC. They allow the playerbase to create/vote on one card each year iirc. Makes for some very very valuable MTG cards.

Whammo Rush - Elite Stance - Strength
    - 10 adrenaline

Lose all energy. For 10 seconds gain xx...6 regen, move xx ...50% faster, and attack xx.. ..33% faster. When this stance ends you are blind, crippled, and weakened for 10 seconds.

Animate Putrid Horror - Elite Spell - Death Magic
    20e 30recast
    Spawn a level xx...18 Putrid Horror. When Putrid Horror dies..death nova.
    You may only control one Putrid Horror at a time.

*does not leave a corpse like Flesh Golem*

Burst of Energy - Elite Spell - Energy Storage
    0e 1/4 cast, 60 recast

Lose all energy. If less than 60 energy was lost this way gain +2 to all elements for 10 seconds. If more than 60 energy was lost this way target foe takes 150 lightning damage, and is knockdown. This spell causes exhaustion.

Quote Originally Posted by billbee View Post
    what if people didnt want to take the damage that others got, maby it could be distributed ammongst all allies with this enchantment, and its one of those enchantments you have to maintain.
    I thought about that, but in order to make it effective in that way you'd have to maintain it on as many allies as you could, and that means a max of 4, and your energy's toast. So I thought maybe something like aegis, only with a sort of absorption effect rather than blocking. I worked it out like this:

A margonite hits you for 36 damage after armor effects. With SoM:
    (36/8)*(1-.33) = 3.015 damage, which I suspect the game would round down to 3 damage. This would go a long way in countering spike builds, and a SoM monk would be the perfect addition to a good pressure build.

Quote Originally Posted by KitsuneFawx View Post
    I'm suprised anet hasn't copied this idea from WoTC. They allow the playerbase to create/vote on one card each year iirc. Makes for some very very valuable MTG cards.

Whammo Rush - Elite Stance - Strength
    - 10 adrenaline

Lose all energy. For 10 seconds gain xx...6 regen, move xx ...50% faster, and attack xx.. ..33% faster. When this stance ends you are blind, crippled, and weakened for 10 seconds.

Animate Putrid Horror - Elite Spell - Death Magic
    20e 30recast
    Spawn a level xx...18 Putrid Horror. When Putrid Horror dies..death nova.
    You may only control one Putrid Horror at a time.

*does not leave a corpse like Flesh Golem*

Burst of Energy - Elite Spell - Energy Storage
    0e 1/4 cast, 60 recast

Lose all energy. If less than 60 energy was lost this way gain +2 to all elements for 10 seconds. If more than 60 energy was lost this way target foe takes 150 lightning damage, and is knockdown. This spell causes exhaustion.
    Why would you use the first one? I can see MAYBE running a spike build with this, but you'd need a Martyr monk hanging out waiting for it to end.

The second one is a combo of Golem and Death Nova with the disadvantage of non-reuseable corpses. Most good MM builds that I've ever seen run with DM anyway, so there's not much of a point.

Lose all energy and gain +2 to all elements for 10 seconds? What? Once you lose all your energy there's really no point to you being around. You gain +2 to all elements but you can't cast anything other than flare, since you'll have to wait to build energy. Alternative: 150 lightning damage? For 60 energy? Why? I can crank out 150 lightning damage for 15 energy with a non-elite.

Berserk - Elite Stance - Strength
    10 adrenaline
    Lose all adrenaline. For 6..10 seconds, you attack and build adrenaline 25% faster. Your next 3 adrenal skills do not make you "Lose all adrenaline". All of your non adrenaline and all of your non attack skills recharge for 20 seconds (This includes Berserk)

I am one of those that believe earth and water should have a few more damage skills.

Stalactite - Elite Spell - Earth Magic
    15 energy, 3/4th cast, 10 sec recharge
    Target foe and adjacent foes receive 50..100 earth damage. If foes hit by Stalactite were knocked down, Stalactite causes one of the following conditions: Blindness (for 8 seconds), Weakness (for 9 seconds), Bleeding (for 15 seconds), or Crippled (for 10 seconds)

Waterfall - Elite Spell - Water Magic
    25 energy, 3 sec cast, 45 sec recharge
    Create a Waterfall at target foe's location. For 9 seconds, foes adjacent to that location receive 10..25 cold damage each second, and are knocked down every 3 seconds. Any fire hexes on affected foes end. Any water hexes increase duration by 1 second per hit. This spell causes exhaustion.

Weapon of the Mists
    Elite Weapon Spell. For 4...9 seconds, target ally has a Weapon of the Mists and gains +2 energy regeneration. The next time that ally is struck by a foe, that ally steals up to 1...7 energy from that foe and Weapon of the Mists ends. (Attrib: Communing)
    5e / 1c / 20r

Pretty much the Shiro'ken shout "Song of the Mists" in weapon spell form.

Wastrel's Delight
    Elite Hex Spell. For 10 seconds, whenever target foe uses a skill, that foe takes 5...25 damage for each skill used while hexed with this spell. (Attrib: Domination Magic)
    15e / 2c / 20r

A twisted union of Shield of Absorption and Spiteful Spirit. It seems like a very Mesmery sort of skill.