PC Gaming News
Page 51 of 130 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 1298
  1. #501
    GWOnline.Net Member Shadowleaf's Avatar
    Posts

    867
    If you're going to suggest new skills with the honest intention that ANET considers them, they'd need to be a bit more creative than an elite version of an old spell. Keep in mind that in GW:EotN, there will be 100 new skills and 50 PvE only skills. There are 10 professions, so that makes only 10 new skills to be used in PvP for each profession. They damn well better be interesting, useful and fresh.

    Even 15 new skills doesn't leave room for junk skills and/or clones if we're to expect the new skills to be interesting at all.

  2. #502
    Quote Originally Posted by jouninassassin
    Falling Star

    5e/3s/30s
    Elite Spell. Target foe and all nearby foes are struck for 7...91 fire damage and knocked down. This spell causes exhaustion. (Att. Fire Magic)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagabraino
    Isn't that just Meteor with a slightly large AoE? Why does that deserve elite status?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowleaf
    The KD effect is extremely nice... I think, actually, a Nearby one would be a bit imbalanced in Fire Magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    The opinions are a bit divided on these types of skills.
    Way of the Dagger
    5e//0s//12s
    Elite Stance. For 5..17..21 seconds, you deal +10 damage with dagger attacks. If you are enchanted, all your lead attacks deal another +1..12..16 damage. <Critical Strikes>

    Black Fox Strike
    5e//0s//4s
    Elite Lead attack. If this attack hits target foe, you deal +10..22..26 damage and target foe suffers from Deep Wound for 10 seconds. If target foe was Hexed, this attack cannot be missed. <Dagger Mastery>

    Serpent's Fangs
    5e//1/4s//12s
    Elite Hex Spell. Target foe suffers from Poison for 5..17..21 seconds. For 15 seconds, target foe takes 8..20..26 damage per second that foe is poisoned. <Deadly Arts>

    Shadow's Sight
    15e//1/4s//15s
    Elite Enchantment Spell. Teleport to target ally. Your next 5..14..17 attacks cannot be blocked. If one of your attacks misses, you return to target ally and gain 75 health. <Shadow Arts>

    Golden Passage
    5e//1s//15s
    Elite Spell. If you are enchanted you teleport to target foe's location. <attributeless>
    Last edited by Akirai Annuvil; 31-03-2007 at 15:54.

  3. #503
    Quarantine (attrib: Protection Prayers)
    10/2/30
    Elite Enchantment Spell. For 4..24 seconds, whenever target other ally recieves a new condition, all other allies within earshot become immune to that condition for 2..18 seconds. This skill is disabled for an additional 7 seconds for every condition target other ally receives.

    Deafening Haze (attrib: Shadow Arts)
    5/2/40
    Elite Hex spell. For 2..18 seconds, target foe cannot be the target of Shouts, Chants, or Echoes.

  4. #504
    Quote Originally Posted by MStarfire View Post
    Quarantine (attrib: Protection Prayers)
    10/2/30
    Elite Enchantment Spell. For 4..24 seconds, whenever target other ally recieves a new condition, all other allies within earshot become immune to that condition for 2..18 seconds. This skill is disabled for an additional 7 seconds for every condition target other ally receives.

    Deafening Haze (attrib: Shadow Arts)
    5/2/40
    Elite Hex spell. For 2..18 seconds, target foe cannot be the target of Shouts, Chants, or Echoes.
    I need to edit the mechanic on Quarantine.

    Quarantine (attrib: Protection Prayers)
    10/2/30
    Elite Enchantment Spell. For 4..24 seconds, whenever target other ally recieves a new condition, all other allies within earshot become immune to that condition for 2..18 seconds. This skill is disabled for 7 seconds every time target other ally receives a new condition.

  5. #505
    Quote Originally Posted by jouninassasin View Post
    Fire Blast
    15e./3s/10s
    Elite Spell. Send out a Fire Blast to target foe. If this attack hits, target foe and all nearby foes are struck for 7...91 fire damage and are knocked down for 3 seconds. This spell causes exhaustion. (Att. Fire Magic.)
    This is an Elite Form of Fireball

    Quote Originally Posted by jouninassasin View Post
    Falling Star
    5e/3s/30s
    Elite Spell. Target foe and all nearby foes are struck for 7...91 fire damage and knocked down. This spell causes exhaustion. (Att. Fire Magic)
    Elite Form of Meteor

  6. #506
    Quote Originally Posted by jouninassasin View Post
    This is an Elite Form of Fireball



    Elite Form of Meteor
    And both with absolutely no reason to use them. I can think of better ways to KD someone, and Falling Star is a weakened version of Meteor. The only difference is a slightly bigger AoE. I'd rather use Dragon's and save the elite slot.

    Anyway.

    Branded Death (attrib: Death Magic)
    5/.25/30
    Elite Enchantment spell. For 4..18 seconds, if target creature dies while enchanted with Branded Death, that creature's corpse can only be exploited by friendly corpse exploitation spells.

  7. #507
    GWOnline.Net Member Shadowleaf's Avatar
    Posts

    867
    Quote Originally Posted by jouninassasin View Post

    Fire Blast
    15e./3s/10s
    Elite Spell. Send out a Fire Blast to target foe. If this attack hits, target foe and all nearby foes are struck for 7...91 fire damage and are knocked down for 3 seconds. This spell causes exhaustion. (Att. Fire Magic.)
    This is an Elite Form of Fireball
    Imbalanced because it's a "nearby" sized KD with Fireball damage with a 10 second recharge. The energy cost, exhaustion and elite status do not balance this skill at all. Again, I ask you to recall the imbalanced NF elites.

    Quote Originally Posted by jouninassasin View Post
    Falling Star
    5e/3s/30s
    Elite Spell. Target foe and all nearby foes are struck for 7...91 fire damage and knocked down. This spell causes exhaustion. (Att. Fire Magic)
    Elite Form of Meteor
    This one has that painful recharge like Meteor. IMO, no one would use it.

  8. #508
    GWOnline.Net Member
    Posts

    220
    Heaven Fall
    Elite Spell
    Protection Prayers
    5 EN/ 2 CT/ 10 RT
    Target ally is healed for 25..63 health. If target ally is below 50..75% health, all adjacent foes are knocked down for 2..3 seconds.

    Grand Mirror of Equity
    Elite Spell
    Illusion Magic
    10 EN/ 3 CT/ 30 RT
    All enchantments, conditions, and hexes of all non-spirit targets within range are applied to all non-spirit targets within range.

  9. #509
    hhm..maybe the fire blast seemed stupid, falling star can have a lil less rehcarge time

  10. #510
    GWOnline.Net Member Shadowleaf's Avatar
    Posts

    867
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWizard View Post
    Heaven Fall
    Elite Spell
    Protection Prayers
    5 EN/ 2 CT/ 10 RT
    Target ally is healed for 25..63 health. If target ally is below 50..75% health, all adjacent foes are knocked down for 2..3 seconds.
    This one is amazing, conceptually and I think, it would be in practice too. But I think it's actually just what Smiting Prayers needs and more characteristic of Smiting. What about...

    Heaven Fall
    Elite Spell
    Smiting Prayers
    5 EN/ 1 CT/ 12 RT
    All foes adjacent to target ally are knocked down for 2...3 seconds. For each foe knocked down, that ally is healed for 25...63 health.

    Sorry if I butchered it, but I couldn't help it.

Posting Permissions

Posting Permissions

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off