PC Gaming News
Page 8 of 130 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Heh I was watching an episode of Family Guy and got this idea, although I don't necessarily think they should be elites.

"Look Over There!" (attrib: Tactics)
    5/0/60
    Shout. For 1..5 seconds, foes within earshot cannot target you or your allies with attacks, skills, or spells.

Which would synergize with:

"Run!" (attrib: Tactics)
    8adr/0/na
    Shout. For 6..18 seconds, all allies within earshot run 10% faster for every foe affected by "Look Over There!" (max 40% speed increase).

Heh heh...

Benedict Arnold

I have a great idea for a cool skill for mesmers:

"Treason"(attrib: Domination)
    25/3/240
    Type: Elite Spell
    Target Foe becomes an ally for 1 to 20sec, spell does not effect bosses. This skill is disabled for 240 sec. Players nonattack spells are disable for 6sec.

For PVP the effect on a player is an automatic loss of control of ones character. The character will randomly attack a friendly player. This spell also has an effect on NPC's/Heroes.

I really love this Ideal, please Anet take notice.

Lyssa's scissors 5e/3c/20r (fast casting)

For each mesmer hex on target foe, create 1..2 lyssa time rifts ( up to 5) at target foes location, for each second, for 1....10 seconds foes adjacent to this location are hit for 1....10 chaos damage and if any foe casts a spell while nearby a lyssa time rift they are teleported to the closest one and that time rift disappears.

I wanted to make a skill called "I found a coupon!" but I decided against it.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran6 months registered5000 Experience Points
    Blood Parasite (Blood Magic)
    15 energy
    1 casting
    15 recharge
    Elite Hex Spell. For 15 seconds, each time a hex ends on target foe, you steal up to 10-45 Health from that foe.

Arcane Parasite (Inspiration Magic)
    15 energy
    1 casting
    15 recharge
    Elite Hex Spell. For 15 seconds, each time a hex ends on target foe, you steal up to 3-7 energy from that foe.

Devastation (Channeling Magic)
    10 energy
    1 casting
    10 recharge
    Elite Spell. Sacrifice 60-10% Health. Target foe takes damage equal to his Armor Level.

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBuster View Post
    Devastation (Channeling Magic)
    10 energy
    1 casting
    10 recharge
    Elite Spell. Sacrifice 60-10% Health. Target foe takes damage equal to his Armor Level.
    would be funny to kill a warr with a spike lol. Usually they have more than 100AL. Combine this with spiritual pain and voila!

seems overpowered :)

Skill idea:

Arcane Treason {E} - illusion magic.
    25e 3c 45r
    For 1-10 seconds target foe's spells have the opposite effect.

Explanation: monk spell deal damage instead of healing, offensive spells heal instead of dealing damage. Instead of health regen, target deals degen, etc. This hex does not affect Divine Favor.

Sounds overpowered...the recharge can be increased to 60. Energy Cost is the highest possible. Cast same....decrease the duration to 0-5 if you want.

I know, i know the concept itself is overpowered, but fits so nice in the mesmer line i couldn't resist :)

Animate Rotting Dragon {N} - Death Magic
    15e 3c 60r
    Exploit nearest corpse to animate a level 3...21 Rotting Dragon. The Rotting Dragon leaves an exploitable corpse. You can have only one Rotting Dragon at a time. Rotting Dragon can attack at a range.

A nice alternative to having a Golem, eh?

I've had a few....so here they are (sorry about proffesions im not to sure)

Prayer of Forgivness (protection?)
    15e, 1c, 60r

For 5...21 seconds you are immune to critcal attacks, knockdowns, and you cannot be struck over 100...75 damage. This skill ends if you attack.

Vow of Speed (Wind prayers)
    10e 1c, 20r

For 10...40 seconds you move 33%, take half damage, and cannot be interupted. This skill ends if you attack.

Raining Death (Death Magic)

For 3...10 seconds create a Storm of death at target corpses location, every time a dead character is in the area of raining death they turn into a level 5...18 minion.

Mirrored attacks (Shadow Arts)
    30e 3c 60r

Whenever target foe attacks with an attack skill or spell, that spell is backfired against them and you lose 1-5 energy or mirrored attacks end.

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post

25/3/240
    Target Foe becomes an ally for 1 to 20sec, spell does not effect bosses. This skill is disabled for 240 sec. Players nonattack spells are disable for 6sec.

For PVP the effect on a player is an automatic loss of control of ones character. The character will randomly attack a friendly player. This spell also has an effect on NPC's/Heroes.

I like the idea to,may wanna change time to 5-25 seconds
    Last edited by Auntie I; 07-01-2007 at 22:35. Reason: Double post within the one hour edit limit.

Wow, theres so many good ideas for eleites here (and a few that are a bit powerful, but sound really fun!) anyway I gave up reading them all around page 5 so I'm sorry if my idea sounds like someone elses, if it dose I give them full credit for thinking of it first.

Balthazars Vengence (name needs work I'm terrable at naming things)
    10Energy 2Cast 25Recharge
    This skill dose 5-35 holy damage per second. All foes in the area are stuck for 1 second. Nearby foes for 3 seconds. Adjacent foes for 5 seconds. (like a mesh of symbol of wrath and shockwave)

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran6 months registered5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by homefry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post

25/3/240

I like the idea to,may wanna change time to 5-25 seconds
    I do not like this skill. It would totally unbalance PvP. It takes a step too far in the idea of controlling your opponent's behavior. You do not control his behavior now... you control HIM !

Just imagine...
    - Your team is a team of mesmers using this skill to mind control three of the four opponents.
    - You mind control their Monk to cut their team from healing while giving you an extra healing power.
    - You mind control another Mesmer that has the same Elite, so he finally mind controls another foe at his turn.
    - You use Arcane Echo, then use Treason 2 times so you can have 2 mind controled foes.
    - You use Arcane Mimicry on a friendly Mesmer that has this skill to be able to mind control a foe, and you can still use any Elite you brought with you in the first place.
    - [EDIT] Worse, take Treason as your Elite, Arcane Echo it first and Arcane Mimicry another Mersmer's Treason. You just totally screwed the other team, all alone. Then the other Mesmer can redo it with the same build...

How more overpowered could it be ?

Plus, while under the effect of Treason, you become a spectator ... which would cause many ragequits in PvP matches. 'Cause after all, whats the point of playing if you can't play ?
    Last edited by PsyBuster; 08-01-2007 at 02:49.

Also, if I'm in PvP I want to play not watch my character attack the wrong people, the evil side of me would even attack the my own team as long as I could control my character, but this would be cheap and the nice side of me would log off. As a PvE only skill like Lightbringers gaze, Sunspear Rebirth Signet this could be interesting but have it, but dont put in a trigger to not effect a boss and just cut the duration but a ton, make it 2-5 seconds max, they could still heal themselves as you can never attack yourself, so doing it to bosses would only help clear the minions a bit or the minion help with a little extra damage.

==Edit==
    I just finished reading the whole response before me, instead of starting with "Also" for my first word please read it as "I Agree" sorry.