PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    At the creation of the world (Tyria), I would say the gods were Dhuum, Abaddon, Balthazar, Dwayna, Lyssa, and Melandru. I say this because the scriptures of Grenth don't even come until late A.E, which may suggest he wasn't around, and also, Doric did not encounter Grenth in Arah. While it has been suggested he simply was not there (was in Cantha, or other such areas), it may also be likely that he simply was not a god at the time. Also, the Ritualist profession would have originally worshipped Dhuum, before Grenth "reformed" the profession. It says they worshipped and drew power from the spirits of their ancestors. Even if they aren't directly worshipping a god, they are indirectly drawing power from the one who holds swaye over their ancestors.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

Quote Originally Posted by Zaa Nayazu View Post
    Well, we know that mortals can become gods. I think we can deduct one of two things by Menzies relationship with Balthazar.

1. Balthazar was a human, half-brother of menzies that became a God later on.

2. Balthazar was born of some older God and one of his parents had an encounter with a human later on.

By this way of thinking, we can tell that Balthazar is not the original God of War and Fire.
    i missed you quite there how do you know balthazar was humen because he has a brother?

Arah was once home to the gods Balthazar, Dwayna and Melandru while they shaped the world of Tyria. was written in wiki under the name arah.
    now where is lyssa and dhuum/grenth?
    btw Quintus Antonius where can i see all the scriptures?

I'm not saying he "is/was" human. My opinion, for lack of better word, is that in order for Balthazar to have a half-brother who is "not" a God, Balthazar either had to pull a Kormir on another God or he was born out of some older god parents. Later, one of them pull a greek god stunt and got a human woman pregnant, hence why Mnzies is the "half-brother" of Balthazar.

I realized now that I should have put an "or" between the 1 and 2. Sorry if that is the reason why it throws people off.

Either way, my conclusion, or what I'm trying to say is, that Balthzar, like Grenth, is not one of the original Gods, some one came before him.
    Last edited by Zaa Nayazu; 11-12-2006 at 18:39.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    The Scriptures can be found on any statue of the gods, such as those in the Temple of Ages, in Tyria, or the Chantry of Secrets in Elona.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Antonius View Post
    Also, the Ritualist profession would have originally worshipped Dhuum, before Grenth "reformed" the profession. It says they worshipped and drew power from the spirits of their ancestors. Even if they aren't directly worshipping a god, they are indirectly drawing power from the one who holds swaye over their ancestors.
    You know, this makes a lot of sense. We know that one of Dhuum's transgressions was in abusing spirits of the dead, right? If he was the first true 'patron' of ritualists it may help explain why ritualist spirits seem to be both chained up and in a tormented state all the time.

These people aren't just calling upon the souls of their ancestors to aid and comfort them, they are foceably binding them to do the bidding of the ritualist.

Contrast that with the nature spirits of Melandru, who just look like the druid creatures for the most part and have no chains forcing them to obey the will of anyone.

Thanks QA, I'm looking at the entire ritualist profession in a new light here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaa Nayazu View Post
    pull a Kormir
    i just love this phrase

The Scriptures can be found on any statue of the gods, such as those in the Temple of Ages, in Tyria, or the Chantry of Secrets in Elona.
    then how do u know that the grenth scriptions appeared only some time after all the other gods?

Quote Originally Posted by NameAlreadyInUse View Post
    You know, this makes a lot of sense. We know that one of Dhuum's transgressions was in abusing spirits of the dead, right? If he was the first true 'patron' of ritualists it may help explain why ritualist spirits seem to be both chained up and in a tormented state all the time.

These people aren't just calling upon the souls of their ancestors to aid and comfort them, they are foceably binding them to do the bidding of the ritualist.

Contrast that with the nature spirits of Melandru, who just look like the druid creatures for the most part and have no chains forcing them to obey the will of anyone.

Thanks QA, I'm looking at the entire ritualist profession in a new light here.
    that is absolutly right! love this theory!

the Apostate tells us that the gods were predated. perhaps our current pantheon were children of the older gods, or rose to become deities after the older gods died... who knows?

At the creation of the world (Tyria), I would say the gods were Dhuum, Abaddon, Balthazar, Dwayna, Lyssa, and Melandru. I say this because the scriptures of Grenth don't even come until late A.E.
    how do u know that? havent seen it anywhere

which may suggest he wasn't around, and also, Doric did not encounter Grenth in Arah.

again how do u know?

Quote Originally Posted by aptaleonII View Post
    the Apostate tells us that the gods were predated.
    predated translate pls dunno what that means. btw why did he shift sides?
    Last edited by evil cheas; 11-12-2006 at 22:05.

Predated basically means before. In that sentence it means that there were gods that predated (before) the current Pantheon we know of.

Quintus is assuming that since both Abaddon and Dhuum were later cast down. We see Grenth in Dhuum's position and now Kormir in Abaddon's position.

The next bit you quoted is straight from the Prophecies Manuscripts.
    Last edited by Gmr Leon; 11-12-2006 at 22:25.