PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A Secret way to get a Lvl 20 Pet?

Recently I took my dervish to Cantha/Tyria and been battling in Shing Jea/Ascalon arena. I've met a couple low lvl rangers (lvl 7,8,9 ect.) who have lvl 20 pet. I've tried asking them but it seems to be some sort of Ranger's Consparicy .

Now that i've started a ranger, I want to ask if anyone know how i can get a lvl 20 pet and still stay at a low lvl (below 10). So far, I've seen a lvl 20 boar, flamingo, and a tiger. I'm not sure if you do some sort of quest or if you tame them like that.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Hlub Koj; 18-12-2006 at 03:51.

The black moa and UW spider both come as level 20s. I think the phoenix might be level5. You can get level 15 animals too, usually around areas with BM ranger mobs so those mobs have something to charm.

They probably used the levelling up trick (even easier with Koss the heroe from Nightfall to help out).

Basically stand by a res shrine with a charmable animal nearby. Then aggro it and let it kill you over and over until it's as high as it can go.

Actually, having just thought about that, the pet couldn't reach level 20 if you are only level 7. Hmmm.

Or, as Goldfish god says it's a level 20 to start with but I have not heard of a lvl 20 boar or flamingo.

Actually what you need is a Lvl 20 mate who does the leveling for you.
    He pulls a pet to the rez shrine gets it hostile and then walks off the computer. The pet will attack and kill the lvl 20 toon. The toon is rezzed, the thing starts again.
    Once the pet is lvl20 you come out of your hiding and charm it.

For me it is about the same as bringing elites into Ascalon Arena, not really my idea of fun.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    I don't see the advantage of it anyway. I just charm a pet and let it level with me. If you have a high level character with a new pet, just don't be too dependent on a living pet (he will die a lot).
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Recently I took my dervish to Cantha/Tyria and been battling in Shing Jea/Ascalon arena. I've met a couple low lvl rangers (lvl 7,8,9 ect.) who have lvl 20 pet. I've tried asking them but it seems to be some sort of Ranger's Consparicy .

Now that i've started a ranger, I want to ask if anyone know how i can get a lvl 20 pet and still stay at a low lvl (below 10). So far, I've seen a lvl 20 boar, flamingo, and a tiger. I'm not sure if you do some sort of quest or if you tame them like that.

Thanks in advance
    You have a few in Tyria which are higher level:

- the UW spider is lvl 20
    - the dire wolf in Talus chute is lvl 15 ( I think )

As far as I know the only level 20 pet in Cantha is the black moabird .

I doubt you can find an UW team wiling to take you along - if you're this low level- to charm a UW-spider . Most likely they will charge you for the service then ( best to ask around for a ranger trapping team in that case,you might get lucky and get a freebie ) .You won't be able to charm the dire wolf in Talus chute when this low level yourself .
    Last edited by Alexia of Durham; 18-12-2006 at 18:05.

the crabs in the boreus seabed misison

Quote Originally Posted by Alexia of Durham View Post
    You have a few in Tyria which are higher level:

- the UW spider is lvl 20
    - the dire wolf in Talus chute is lvl 15 ( I think )

As far as I know the only level 20 pet in Cantha is the black moabird .

I doubt you can find an UW team wiling to take you along - if you're this low level- to charm a UW-spider . Most likely they will charge you for the service then ( best to ask around for a ranger trapping team in that case,you might get lucky and get a freebie ) .You won't be able to charm the dire wolf in Talus chute when this low level yourself .
    I'm not even sure you can get into UW at that low of a level....you have to be ascended. Maybe with a whole lot of help you could get to, and through the desert for ascension, but beating you double at that low of a level has to be tough.

My guess would be along the lines of what Ze Boulon said...have some else death level it for you. But you don't need to use a rez shrine. Any pet can be death leveled with two people one to die and the other to rez the dead one. Only thing you need to be careful about is to make sure no enemy patrols wander by and wipe everyone out.

I've done it twice now...and probably won't do it again b/c it feels like cheating to me.

IMO its not very sporting to use a lvl20 pet in the low lvl arenas.

IMO its not very sporting to use a lvl20 pet in the low lvl arenas.
    If that is the intention of asking this we shouldn't even be pointing out the lvl 20 pets ( or telling how to level them ) .

And yes : you need to be ascended to enter UW. I think it's way faster to do so in Cantha .But I still highly doubt someone would be willing to have you tag along for either the ascension-bit or UW.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    I don't see the advantage of it anyway. I just charm a pet and let it level with me. If you have a high level character with a new pet, just don't be too dependent on a living pet (he will die a lot).

I suspect that they may do it in order to manage the pet evolution as well as it is the easiest way to achieve a Dire pet.