PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    good bye ward against melee. i been preaching about how crapy that skill is and now I have proof. Finally the metagame has evolved to the point were standing in a circle is no longer a valid defense againt melee. Time to wipe the dust from my SS necro.

Just keep thinking that. You have what proof???

Quote Originally Posted by betterjonjon View Post
    ya we faced both Black Parade tonite in halls(and won) and we faced Sour Patch Kids with the same type of build just it was 6 paragons and 3 were P/W to cover up the fact that they were that build(commonly known as Zergway now -_-)
    Yea, sorta. We used the paragons for the attack speed with aggressive refrain. It is better than any attack speed the warrior can provide, since you can keep it up all of the time, if your support guys are doing there jobs. 3 Paras with to the limit, aggressive, and SS+DB, you can rock out 27 energy in just a couple of seconds on one or maybe multiple targets.

Its definitely alot of fun, but not much coordination required in pressuring/killing average teams. The good teams we faced, we had to call spikes with drunken and whatever adrenal skill your p/w had.

Anyways, its pretty mindless, except for the strats you have to have to win several hoh matches in a row.

I'd been meaning to watch them over the weekend after a few people in the alliance started asking about them. The tourney blocking out the HA fights kept me away until late yesterday.

Interesting build combining warrior pressure with paragon support.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImSoToast
    THis is due to the fact that fear me is way way overpowered.

An aoe energy denial that a warrior has, spammable ? Crap 3 or more warriors could e deny a whole team almost better than mesmerb but withouth the energy cost. Fear me should be just like vim and be target foe.
    I'm glad skill balances aren't always based on the Vocal Minority. **cough cough**

Quote Originally Posted by Wuzzman
    good bye ward against melee. i been preaching about how crapy that skill is and now I have proof. Finally the metagame has evolved to the point were standing in a circle is no longer a valid defense againt melee. Time to wipe the dust from my SS necro.
    It still keeps a warrior/assassin/dervish from being fully effective, devastatingly so if combined with Aegis or Guardian. But I do get some of your point, compared to an Aegis chain the ward isn't such a good deal.

Still a "Fear Me!" type can prowl the edges and build adrenaline and still cause some energy loss. Those that use "To the Limit!" as well can do a cute double spam which has mixed results.

I don't have a problem with the build, other than how annoying it is that they can spam a few "fear me" on your ghost and he will refuse to use claim resource. Started bringing along Sympathetic Visage just for these builds.

The thing about that build is that there is a nice paragon skill called brace yourself. It deals damage to a random enemy when a party enemy should be knocked down. There was a bug with the skill that made it not end when it should, so it could be kept on the warriors spamming their knockdown attacks to deal an extra ~60 damage.

First off, Black Parade is not a Japanese guild. Second they did not invent the build. They might have modified the build slightly but did not invent the build.
    Last edited by Phoenixtech; 20-12-2006 at 23:45.

The build I now run with this is a famine/martyr ranger for more damage do to fear me edenial. No angelic bonder though...

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixtech View Post
    First off, Black Parade is not a Japanese guild. Second they did not invent the build. They might have modified the build slightly but did not invent the build.
    Ughhh i hate to admit it (i'm not too fond of pheryl) but they DID create the build.

Quote Originally Posted by thedrjay View Post
    Just keep thinking that. You have what proof???
    my proof? No one listened to me ^_^