Essence Bond
    Shield of Absorbtion
    Balthazar's Spirit
    Res

What you need:

20% Enchants on spear

1 supererior leadership rune

1 major motivation rune

any +e runes you can fit on rest of armor.

a Motivation shield with a small to medium +health modification.

What you need from your team:

a healing monk that casts Healing Seed on you, it will trigger every time you take damage even -0 dmg.

some sort of energy battery, be it Energon or BiP necro (though if TA a necro would be best cause they can deal dmg and energy batterize while an energon cannot)

The Strategy behind the build: Shield of Absorbtion, knocks the damage you take down to -0 for around 5 seconds if another teammate is taking alot of damage, as it triggers the shield spells effect rapidly. Balthazars Spirit triggers when you take damage from AB and also even if you take -0 damage. So does Essence Bond. You'll get 2e per triggering of enchantment. With Smiting 8 through 12 you get 4 adrenaline per dmg taken so this is why its at 8. Protective bond is for extra protection when shield of absorbtion wears off. You can trigger it on/off when you need it, or if the enemy team starts attacking you specifically. Use Chorus of Restoration with itself after its recharge for some minor self healing along with leaders comfort. Chorus should also give energy back since its adrenal. Remember to recast AB on teammates every 20-30 seconds or so, it lasts 30seconds total at 12 leadership, but you wouldnt want it to wear off with the whole enemy team pummeling your monk trying to break through.

Quote Originally Posted by TakisKalakos View Post
    P/Mo

Leadership 12
    Protection 12
    Smiting 8
    Motivation 9

Chorus of Restoration
    Angelic Bond [E]
    Leaders Comfort
    Protective Bond
    Essence Bond
    Shield of Absorbtion
    Balthazar's Spirit
    Res
    Interesting idea however, I have to ask, can you handle the energy drain of Protective Bond? Ever since it was nerfed (ages ago, first nerf to attempt to stop 55hp monks) I see builds that incorporate it but they often are pen and paper builds, meaning in practice they fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexed Arcanist View Post
    Interesting idea however, I have to ask, can you handle the energy drain of Protective Bond? Ever since it was nerfed (ages ago, first nerf to attempt to stop 55hp monks) I see builds that incorporate it but they often are pen and paper builds, meaning in practice they fail.
    right well in that case there's always protective spirit which in a pinch would work just as well. that or Shielding Hands.

right well in that case there's always protective spirit which in a pinch would work just as well. that or Shielding Hands.
    My vote would be on prot spirit, not as good as prot bond once was but it was the only alternative. If you could get the energy hit down to 2 per damage you would be fine, as long as you reclaim energy via skills since you would have a zero natural regen (2 regen -2 for the maintained enchants).

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered1,000 Posts
    Balthazars Spirit triggers when you take damage from AB and also even if you take -0 damage. So does Essence Bond.
    I very much doubt that. Essence Bond triggers explicitely on "physical or elemental" damage. Damage received through Lifebond, for instance, does not trigger it. I don't see why damage received through Angelic Bond would trigger it.

Unless you want to spread around your Essence Bonds on the party members (when they receive physical or elemental damage, you will get your energy flowing in.) That will result in you running around with a negative energy regeneration, of course.