PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member

New hero battle title - Elite Roller

Didnt take one day for the various farmers to invade hero battles. Obviously its a lot quicker to roll a game and get hundreds of points per hour, while destroying the experience for your opponent, than to actually play the game.
    While titles dont mean anything unless you put in the work to achieve it, it saddens me to know that the first time that i look at someone with the commander title, the first thing that will cross my mind its that its was achieved the not so hard way.
    While there's allways the solution of ignoring the person that is asking you to roll, because if you do they almost every time leave, without winning streaks with rising points for each win, the system as it is is just to easy to explore.

I know its hero battles, not serious pvp, but i think the fix A-net came up with to get more people into the arena is not the best one.
    On another though, I guess that the people that do this are better off on hero battles cheating their way to a title, than running SF heroway in HA or quitting when they dont have a monk in RA.

Excuse my noobishness, but what does "rolling" mean?

Excuse my noobishness too.. what's rolling? O.O

GWOnline.Net Member
    i think he means two players go in, use the /roll emote, lower roll leaves, higher roll wins.

EDIT: I don't really know if this is the case. Just my best guess.
    Last edited by Chaosti; 22-12-2006 at 05:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosti View Post
    i think he means two players go in, use the /roll emote, lower roll leaves, higher roll wins.
    You have GOT to be kidding me.

People do this? For the sake of all that is good and right in the world, PLEASE let this not be the case.

Im not sure, but it sounds like people are asking others to throw the match so the asking person can get points towards their title.

edit: wow, even worse than I imagined.

Thats exactly what it is. I'll admit I've gotten to r2 via "rolling". Well, at the very least I guess I can cover it up by saying I earned it because I did reach Pro Skillz on the Game Title track. Yes I know, I have no life spending 25 + hours straight of snowballing action but hey, I got the title didn't I?

GWOnline.Net Member
    Captain Hero-Way!!

Commander titles lmao

And what if you refuse to roll/leave?

If the other team leaves because you don't leave = you win.
    If the other team won't leave either = you fight = normal HvH.

So?

Quote Originally Posted by Cacheelma View Post
    And what if you refuse to roll/leave?

If the other team leaves because you don't leave = you win.
    If the other team won't leave either = you fight = normal HvH.

So?
    True, my issue is that someone came up with this at all.

I mean, at what point does it make sense to pervert a gaming system so much, JUST for a title with no measureable or qualitative effect in game? Self-defeating waste of time IMHO.

But if that's what floats their boat, more power to them.