PC Gaming News

Happy Wintersday Would-Be-Survivors!

Quick non-polling questions here, but who else is taking advantage of the new PvE snowball fights to further their surviving careers? Or at least, raise their newest little ones to stand a more fighting chance?

While it is true that the Rift Warden quests carry the burden of a death = no more survivor, the odds are definitely in your favour - level 20 stats, fixed damage... Don't get stupid and cocky, and there's a multitude of XP for your little ones. Level 20s have a bit more of a struggle, since they only recieve the inconsequential 16xp per kill, however, for one example, my little level 13 elementalist recieves 136xp per kill at this level, and throw in the 1k xp per quest completion, it makes for some fun days.

I'm unaware of whether the Rift Warden shows up in Ascalon City, but if you were planning to create a couple of Survivors from Elona, I'd recommend fast-tracking it while this opportunity lasts! As thrilling as the usual methods are (note: sarcasm) who doesn't love the opportunity to have festive fun, superb drops (for both keeping AND selling on) to propel themselves towards that lovely, wanted title!

Happy Wintersday would-be-survivors!

Note: As far as I'm aware, xp is not gained from Dwayna Vs Grenth PvP battles, though all that free, easy to get Faction is quite a lovely reward in itself.

Dallcingi
    u dont get deaths, i tried it with my 0 death character and it "died" in the snowball fight but once it rezzed it still had 0 deaths. so yeah essentially free faction and exp..

Quote Originally Posted by Dallcingi View Post
    u dont get deaths, i tried it with my 0 death character and it "died" in the snowball fight but once it rezzed it still had 0 deaths. so yeah essentially free faction and exp..
    Um. The OP mentioned that too.
    What he means is the quests in the UW that you get from the rift warden.

I actually lost my survivor on my ranger (only 200K exp, though) on the bonus of "you're a mean one mr. grenth".
    The first two waves I just let all of them pop up and pulled them out one by one but the third wave I tried to kill them as they came.. bad idea. Didn't notice one jumping out of the ground right next to me :/
    Not hard if you're just carefull, though

no way am i bringing my 'alive' messy near a place where i know he will die. not with that lovely +1 death bug that is still in the game (well even if it was fixed - id still woudnt go there - i am waaaaay to freaked to die - so untill i ged bored of surviving i am not going anywhere without a personal bonder )

Or... you could just get your survivor title by playing through the game normally, as I did....no silly PL'ing or xp farming for me thanks!

i started a new necro in elona and leveled from 3 to 8 just doing the grenth quest and bonus. if i keep doing these i will be quite a high level before i ever step out of kamadan

it was kinda fun killing the grenthes wth a lvl 3 necro with nothing but a starter wand

oh and i wouldnt try to get the title with a necro, i accidentally hit my special skill and lost 100% of my life and had to restart the quest over again, which kinda sucked

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAtHome View Post
    Or... you could just get your survivor title by playing through the game normally, as I did....no silly PL'ing or xp farming for me thanks!
    Do I sense a bit of... hostility there?

If you'd observed my original post, I mentioned that I didn't find PL'ing a good tactic (perhaps my sarcasm was a tad too subtle...). I don't find this a similar tactic, or even similar to XP-farming, as it is genuinely playing through a quest, unlike say Minotaur farming in Elona Reach (not the best example, but regardless).

To insinuate that this tactic is somehow underhanded, tactically sour or regarding this little boost leaving my attempt at the Survivor title cheapened is rather stupid, if you don't mind me saying so. It's akin to insinuating players who use, or will use candy canes as someone who doesn't play through the game properly, fighting away their DP normally.

Happy Wintersday.

Heh... you got me. I guess I'm just sore because the survivor title is no longer a reputable title.

Happy wintersday to you too. ;-)