PC Gaming News

Kiting trick for blood necro

There's an aresenal of tricks with melee foes, particularly in the curse line. But I usually run a blood and lately I found shadow of haste+blood renewal is a great kiting combo to avoid pesky sins/dervishes/warriors.

No need to put any attribute into shadow, it gives full 30sec of speed boost and teleport to original location once it ends. While you are kiting ahead, invoke renewal for heal. I have left so many of them in the neverlands and pop myself back to action and kill their monk while they desperately try to run back to the group.

whenever I see a kiter pop on shadow of haste I just stand still ^_^
    it's great to see them pop back right into a waiting group ^_^

It's a gamble definitely, but if there's a skill that causes someone to standstill, I'll use it while I run off and kill something else.
    Also by then it already recharges, I'll make sure blood renewal is kicked in before teleport, repeat and rinse. Unless the waiting party has KD or cripple or some other speed boost it's still "can't catch this". True, I have my fair share of deaths that way.
    Last edited by JSummers; 30-12-2006 at 02:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthos dawnbreaker View Post
    whenever I see a kiter pop on shadow of haste I just stand still ^_^
    it's great to see them pop back right into a waiting group ^_^
    Re-using Shadow of Haste before it runs out sets the new teleport location at where it was activated again. So, with a few points in Shadow Arts, you get to pick if you want to return again or set a new marker. If they have half a brain, they will just re-use it when they see you camping their teleport location.

What this means however, is that they can't teleport away from whoever is pursuing them. Shadow of Haste beats 1 person but loses against 2. :p

Cool

If you want to do this much easier, involve Vipers Defense, VP instantly ends Shadow Of Haste so you don't have to wait for end so Blood Renewal+Vipers Defense=Instant end to SoH.

SoH+VP is useful for having defense and regeneration when you get back to the party.

So it's goodbye chaser and hello regeneration and defense in the safety of your friends.