PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    narutoxbox

Arrow Festival Hat Functionality

These hats have no armor and no particular reason for being around except for the look of the item and show that you were around when they were given out. So i've been wondering for a while the reason as to why aren't we allowed to wear these festive hats along with our day to day head pieces [particularly non-warrior classes]. Id like to rock the UnderWorld in a Jester cap, or a Yule Cap in Fissure of Woe but theres no way im gonna abandon my Servant's Shing Jea Scalp Design of Superior Healing Prayers to do it. I'm pretty sure that these items will become more widely used if this was the case, also people will prolly be more prone through cycling through the hats at the festival hat crafter. Was just wondering what the general consensus was on this issue.

With the hat creator basically generating NEW hats. There is no reason they cannot be given an inscription slot and a max AL rating for the class speaking to the creator.

If that was the case everyone would be wearing them and they would soon become boring and take away their specialness.

Talking

The way I think Anet should do this is like Flyff. Make them skins. Add an extra slot for the hats on our equipment list in the inventory window. When you equip the event hat it simply covers your existing helm/scar pattern/tattoo/whatever. That way you can still wear your armour, and have your even hat on too!

Quote Originally Posted by sir ireland View Post
    If that was the case everyone would be wearing them and they would soon become boring and take away their specialness.
    You mean like the people that wear them all the time in town anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by nytestalker View Post
    There is no reason they cannot be given an inscription slot
    Besides the fact that inscriptions are Nightfall only so far.

who says you can't rock with them in Uw/Fow already? You can always, you know, not take any damage by kiting.

And festival hats are runeable, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupidname View Post
    Besides the fact that inscriptions are Nightfall only so far.
    and..... 99% of the population owns NF?

OR!

Can trade for the inscriptions they want to add?

Talking

Get inscriptions and inscribable weapons with night fall chara... inventory them... take them out with a cantha or tyrian chara... have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by dreamingxashley View Post
    The way I think Anet should do this is like Flyff. Make them skins. Add an extra slot for the hats on our equipment list in the inventory window. When you equip the event hat it simply covers your existing helm/scar pattern/tattoo/whatever. That way you can still wear your armour, and have your even hat on too!
    Actually, that is quite a good idea.
    It does not need any change to the hats in funtionality and we can walk around with a yule cap in the snowy Shiverpeaks, instead of with some jewel glued to the forehead.
    Or have a PvP group with antlers attack a group with snowmanheads.
    Would certainly make such battles much more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Faab View Post
    Or have a PvP group with antlers attack a group with snowmanheads.
    Would certainly make such battles much more fun.
    I would actually watch a pvp match if that were to happen lol.