PC Gaming News
    GWOnline.Net Member

Ele primary as mesmer?

Hi guys been playing GW for quite some time 11 months...but still feel like a noob...

my question is can an ele primary effectively play as mesmer? or is it not effective at all cause it doesn't have fast casting...

If you could tell me general ideas it would be really helpful...

It really is all up to your playing style. If you intend on playing interruption, Fast Casting is absolutely necessary. Plus, if your going to interrupt, you have plenty of options for energy anyway.

In my opinion, if you're going to play a Mesmer, play a Mesmer completely, and don't rely on Energy Storage to provide that energy.

Most Mesmer skills are fairly well priced in any case, unless you intend on Echo chaining Cry of Frustration or something :P Energy Storage isn't usually required to keep a Mesmer casting for a good long while.

IMHO, this belongs in the Mesmer forums more.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Well, personally i fear an ele with Psychic Distraction (PD) more than a memser with PD. Mainly due to high energy cost of PD relatively and is super quick recycle time.

well..You miss the 16' attribute of illusion/domi, energy managment can be nice , but you cant get higher then 12 of the attribute
    If you play mesmer you will see that Inspiration has quite much energy managment skills such as power drain, energy tap..

GWOnline.Net Member cranialexodus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mornd View Post
    Well, personally i fear an ele with Psychic Distraction (PD) more than a memser with PD. Mainly due to high energy cost of PD relatively and is super quick recycle time.
    That ele has no energy management superior to a mesmers. Of course +40 max energy is useful, if battles only last 15 seconds. Elementalists using non-elemental lines (so not glowing gaze basically) have inferior energy management to almost all other classes, unless using an estorage elite. Energy storage provides a buffer against exhaustion... and that's it. If you don't use your elite slot for something a mesmer can't do, I almost guarantee you're better off as a mesmer.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran6 months registered1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    You could run an energy elite to spam the expensive mesmer skills, but you'd have 2 problems with that setup:

First is that the better mesmer skills are slow casts and are often ran better on a mesmer primary.

Second is that most of the expensive skills (15e +) all have slow recharges making it so you can't spam really. . .

GWOnline.Net Member
    I do this for my water hex builds. I max Energy storage and Illusion then use echo and signet of illusions to manipulate both water and air spells at my illusion attribut's value. It's a slow cast build but does massive damage against higher level foes.. kicks Shiro's *** quickly. Be aware that it's not very good for AoE spells with long cast times, and should not be relied upon in PvP.

GWOnline.Net Member
    cool...thanks guys...i got the idea...