PC Gaming News
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    I think it is telling us something. I don't know if it's related to Kormir, but it does seem to hint at Nightfall.

Light, sun =Land of the Golden Sun = Elona

Dark hand = Abaddon = Nightfall

But we may have to take into account the order they appear, and any runes we might be missing.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

just one question: ch.2(Factions) was developed by dev.team 2

do you really think developers from dev.team 1,
    working of ch.3(Nightfall) came to dev.team 2,
    seen canthan hieroglyphic alphabet
    and said: "encode these messages please". ???

I doubt it.

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    They do work in the same office building you know.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Antonius View Post
    They do work in the same office building you know.
    I think the "translation" appeared after some
    of the chinese (I suppose) artists did that hieroglyths.

maybe devs noticed that some players do actually try
    to find the meaning of all those symbols resembling runes and letters....

though - who knows ? what if there IS a global knowledge base of GW world ???

"I want to believe" (c) Malder :)

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Forgot these symbols on the planet orbiting things, within Nahpui Quarter:

Also, Question: Does anyone have a clear picture of Suun's (the Oracle of the Mists) face? I saw him briefly in the cut-scene before entering Nahpui, and he had a lot of symbols dangling before his face. I didnt snap a screen in time :(.
    If someone does, could they please translate them. It would be interesting to know, coming from him, thanks.

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Haha, Trust Sky Tool. To me that sounds like a description of an astronomy device.

Quote Originally Posted by Riuku Fierente View Post
    just one question: ch.2(Factions) was developed by dev.team 2

do you really think developers from dev.team 1,
    working of ch.3(Nightfall) came to dev.team 2,
    seen canthan hieroglyphic alphabet
    and said: "encode these messages please". ???

I doubt it.
    this whole idea of two teams is an untrue rumor. they all develop each game. you can check the credits and ask gaile next time she comes around.

the only case of "two teams" is in which developer is the "head developer" for which chapter. But all of the devs work on all chapters.

NOTE: im not blaming you for saying it, as its a very common misconception.

Also, Question: Does anyone have a clear picture of Suun's (the Oracle of the Mists) face?

(Colors Tweaked, obviously. The original screenie was a bit too washed out for my tastes.)
    That's all I've got. The three strands appear to all be the same, but the central one has the most information before it's cut off. I remember seeing someone else with letters "on their face" like this. May have been in the art book. I'll see what I can dig up.

I knew I took a screenie of her. ^_^

Couldn't figure out anything conclusive, except that in INVERSE, symbols seem to be "God, Day, ?" (reading top to bottom.) I'm wondering if the bottom symbol might be a name? Do we have a God(dess) of the day? I would assume it to be Dwayna, but you know what they say about assuming. . .

And just for fun, because I wondered what Ronsu's pants said for a very long time:

And by the by:
    Quote Originally Posted by CMEPTb View Post
    Kaineng Banners:
    Trusted City ?(8)
    The (8) Appears to be "Arms" - the little ' symbols I can't explain (Sun, Light?). In the symbol, the ' over "World" creates "God," so I'm thinking it may be something like "Guardians" (those who control/bear Arms/Weapons,) but, again, a lot of speculation. If that's the case, it may be a reference to the Obsidian Flame NPC Guild (especially in conjuction with the other sign, which refers to Eles.)
    Last edited by Katscratched; 29-01-2007 at 10:19.

Actually, about Adept Kai, now that I'm more awake, aside from the "swoosh" at the bottom, the symbol looks like that for for Life. So God Day Life. With a swoosh.
    Could Life with a swoosh could still rep for Dwayna? Suun's paper strips, at the top, also feature a very curved figure, but its so far from the script I assumed it was decorative. Now well, maybe, maybe not.