PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member

This is ridiculous!

Look at the skill update, its hardly made any skills useful, pretty much killed sp and has not addressed most of the skills that need fixing.

I'm sure everyone agrees that what they did with SP is overkill.

E-surge isn't nearly as much of a spike w/o sp, why decrease range?

Power flux, takes first place for useless elites: only interrupts spells and power leak drains more instantly.

Hex eater got boosted, but not enough for it to be useful. Face it, as far as damage goes its too conditional, same for enchantment removal.

Panic: WHY???

Sympathetic/Ancestors Visage: another skill nerfed to death. I guess it is still possible to spam if you have factions and prophecies. What if you don't?

And what about tease, extend conditions, air of disenchantment, Enchanters Conundrum? Just a few skills of the top of my head that are completely useless as far as elites go.

Ahhh, why did I expect a post crying about direct damage from you, SiDima?

Unless you forget, Spiritual Pain didn't exist before Nightfall. The sudden lack thereof is hardly gamebreaking to those of us who have played mesmers for a very long time (17 months here and counting).

And I've always considered the DPS vs. recharge on Energy Surge to be pathetic. You want direct damage? Go play an ele. (E-surge as e-denial in PVP, that's a different story, but still workable.)

Quote Originally Posted by jciardha View Post
    Unless you forget, Spiritual Pain didn't exist before Nightfall. The sudden lack thereof is hardly gamebreaking to those of us who have played mesmers for a very long time (17 months here and counting).
    Agreed, we managed before it was here, we can manage after it goes. Mesmers aren't going to die in PvP and this skill didn't make PvE groups go gah-gah for us anyway. They'd still rather have an ele.
    And I've always considered the DPS vs. recharge on Energy Surge to be pathetic. You want direct damage? Go play an ele. (E-surge as e-denial in PVP, that's a different story, but still workable.)
    I've never really liked to use this skill in PvE either.

I was interested to see they backed off on the buff to Mantra of Resolve. This version still helps with energy consumption but you need high levels of fast casting to keep it active continuously.

I'm still scratching my head over Panic... not sure why they changed it.
    ~Bella Sera~
    PAL it up!
    No trees were harmed in the sending of this message but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

GWOnline.Net Member
    please dont argue just for the sake of it. e-surge is designed for damage: 8 energy every 15 seconds (average with 2x20% faster recharge items) is nothing. if you want e denial you can try inspiration, that works 10x better. and if you are still gonna keep using sp after this.. well gl.

People who say that we existed before Spiritual Pain are missing the point.

They are looking to destroy another one of our skills, which is never a good thing, no matter which skill it is.

tell me, Mr. OmgImSoUberMesmer,

which skills will you chose when going in a PvE enviroment and still be effective. Thievery skills? Pack up 5 interrupts?! Direct da...wait...it's not 'mesmerish' to do direct damage, now is it.

Do we look dumb to play energy denial in PvE? For god's sake is like playing renewal nuker in PvP!

And also, look at the skill changes. Which of the 'buffed' ones will YOU actually use?!

GWOnline.Net Member Goldfish God's Avatar
    For PvE you can pack Backfire and Empathy and watch the target explode itself since it doesn't know why to stop. Hardly an arguement for SP being so important (especially since a 30s recharge means you only use it once a fight normally).

For PvP hitting single targets is the majority, which SP can still do, as can E-Surge. People still pack Wastrel's Demise and that never had AoE.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SiDima View Post
    Sympathetic/Ancestors Visage: another skill nerfed to death. I guess it is still possible to spam if you have factions and prophecies. What if you don't?
    I do have both but I'm pissed off anyway over this nerf.

GWOnline.Net Member

Exactly

I am confused over the change to Panic though. Didn't the cast time get buffed a while back because nobody used it? And then nobody used it anyway because the cast time was never the problem. Anyone knows why it hasbeen chang?

Quote Originally Posted by Archedgar
    People who say that we existed before Spiritual Pain are missing the point.

They are looking to destroy another one of our skills, which is never a good thing, no matter which skill it is.
    In the case of spiritual pain I heartily embrace any killing. Seriously, ever heard of overused?

Quote Originally Posted by Windcaller
    which skills will you chose when going in a PvE enviroment and still be effective. Thievery skills? Pack up 5 interrupts?! Direct da...wait...it's not 'mesmerish' to do direct damage, now is it.
    Hex Eater Vortex in hex heavy environments, and else just use Ineptitude + Conjure Phantasm + Images of Remorse... oh no wait use Illusion of Pain which is now useful even if removed :) Or maybe just use MoR and dip into my secondary for, I don't know maybe Shielding Hands? Or SoA? It's quite versatile, and therefor also useful.