Hi, I'm hoping to eventually get in GvG, plus I'd like to at least have a vague idea of what people are talking about, so here are some questions. I'm also interested in build design, all though chances are none of the builds I make will be used... just for personal fun.
1. What is the point of ganking?
2. Explain split tactics... What do people mean when they say a map is better/worse for splits (what kinds of things make the map good or bad)? What purpose does splitting have? I thought I remembered seeing a map with 2 flag stands, am I imagining things?
3. Is there anywhere I can see maps of the guild halls? Even on observer mode I get kind of lost on most of the maps... I know Burning Isle though and I'm getting more familiar with Frozen and Wizard's Isle.
Some more specific questions...
4. It seems like people never take some enchantments or long-casting skills because it's too risky, but then I can't remember ever seeing enchantment removal (outside of Grenth) an don't really see interrupts often either. Is this just a metagame issue?
5. Why am I suddenly seeing so many healing monks (this is outside of LoD runners, which I understand) in high-ranked guilds?
6. Why do teams (seem to) rely on Monks so much for stopping spikes? Wouldn't it be easier to put stuff like Infuse, Prot Spirit, or Spirit Bond on a midliner, or have midliners disrupt spikes? Plus, midliners can prevent spikes on overextending melee chars easier.
OK I thought I had more questions but I can't remember them. Maybe I'll remember later and post them.
Thank you! :)