PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1

    Fiery String Animation

    I was wondering, does having the fiery bow string add any cool animation?? :o That would be sweet. Thanks in advanced!!

  2. #2
    GWOnline.Net Member
    Posts

    3,655
    no

    abcdefghigklmnopqrstuvwxyz (message to short :P)

  3. #3
    GWOnline.Net Member andrewf's Avatar
    Posts

    1,641
    This is what sucks about Guild Wars when compared to other online games... WHERE'S THE FLASHY ANIMATION!! Too realistic = ftl..

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewf View Post
    This is what sucks about Guild Wars when compared to other online games... WHERE'S THE FLASHY ANIMATION!! Too realistic = ftl..
    Are you kidding me?
    I don't play GW to have seizures.
    *Laguna Cid*
    *Laguna Krost -> R/X -=- *Lagoon Monk -> Mo/X -=- *Hidden Fees -> Ele/X -=- *Paragon Lol -> P/W -=-
    *Shooop Da Woop -> PvP

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by LagunaCid View Post
    Are you kidding me?
    I don't play GW to have seizures.
    Why not? Sit in your chair, play the game and exercise all in one its a win-win combination.

  6. #6
    Seriously, I would love a little animation with strings even if its only the colour or something. Right now, our bows don't even have string

  7. #7
    How cool would an actual flaming string be though? Even if it wasn't fire arrows? When there is fire animation (trails of fire spells, fiery dragon swords, flame eyes for eles.... etc) they are really well done. ;)

    Oh well. It was a nice dream while it wasn't crushed...

  8. #8
    GWOnline.Net Member I Orca I's Avatar
    Posts

    443
    Personally I wouldnt mind animations for all elemental weapons. Nothing Huge and blindy just somthing noticable like the aura's on the prophecies collector editions.
    Fire weapons have either a dull glow or red/orange flames runnning up them every now n then in pulses. Ice weapons have a mist around them when swung and maybe a few little blue sparkles. Earth could have little stones fly off the opponent when hit, like the ones that go flying when you use shockwave and lightning ones could either have a dull glow (if fire got flames) or little streaks of lightning running up the weapon.

    Just to make them aesthetically desirable as well as practically. =3

  9. #9
    GWOnline.Net Member Quiet Lurker's Avatar
    Posts

    1,237
    Quote Originally Posted by I Orca I View Post
    Personally I wouldnt mind animations for all elemental weapons. Nothing Huge and blindy just somthing noticable like the aura's on the prophecies collector editions.
    Fire weapons have either a dull glow or red/orange flames runnning up them every now n then in pulses. Ice weapons have a mist around them when swung and maybe a few little blue sparkles. Earth could have little stones fly off the opponent when hit, like the ones that go flying when you use shockwave and lightning ones could either have a dull glow (if fire got flames) or little streaks of lightning running up the weapon.

    Just to make them aesthetically desirable as well as practically. =3
    My thoughts exactly. To go one step further add those little effects to the weapons when they are in storage too. A subdued red glow where the string should be for fiery, and so on just like you described.

  10. #10
    Yeah, for now we materialise arrows out of nowhere and place them on...dunnnn...INVISIBLE STRINGS!


    :)

Posting Permissions

Posting Permissions

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off