PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

High Level Pet Locations?

Is there a listing anywhere for all 3 Chapters where level 10+ tameable pets spawn? I'd like to start charming pets for all of my Heroes but I really don't want to have to level them all up from level 5.
    Last edited by vader; 23-02-2007 at 13:59.

In Spearhead Peak there are level 15 Elder Wolves.
    In Jahai Bluffs there are level 12 Aggressive Lions/Lionesses.
    There are also Elder CRocodiles scattered in Elona but you can't really charm them because the Heket instantly charm them once you see them.
    I think there are some more in Factions but I don't have it and I don't really know.

Hanuman
    at pongmei valley in cantha, just outside boreas seabed, theres elder tigers and elder cranes (lvl15) ;)

levelling a pet from 5 to 10 is very little hassle, and can be done while they are dead too.

in factions:
    lvl15 dire tiger and elder crane in pongmei valley
    lvl15 elder white tiger at the salke furfriend near kurzick jade quarry
    lvl20 crab in boreas seabed mission
    lvl20 black moa from 'the beak of darkness' quest availible in house zu helzer.

Have you tried death leveling them before you charm them? You can get a pet from lvl 5 to lvl 12 in about 15-20 minutes. The only catch is that you will end up with either an elder or aggressive pet....depending on when you stop death leveling and how you use the pet after charming it.

I don't see where others have mentioned it but there are always spiders too.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Lurker View Post
    Have you tried death leveling them before you charm them? You can get a pet from lvl 5 to lvl 12 in about 15-20 minutes. The only catch is that you will end up with either an elder or aggressive pet....depending on when you stop death leveling and how you use the pet after charming it.

I don't see where others have mentioned it but there are always spiders too.
    Well, Spiders are only found exclusively in UW (Underworld) in TOA (Temple Of Ages)

They come in 3 fruitful flavors... Elder, Dire, Hearty. And Yes, you don't have to level them because they are already level 20 when you cap them.

How to get them?

1) Either You pay ppl to help you cap a Spider for 20-30K. Or organize/join a party/ask guildies who knows what to do and what quests to take. If not you'll be stuck there waiting and waiting for days... weeks...

2) You have to be ascended (Meaning you have killed your Doppleranger/Mirror) to be able to enter TOA.

3) You also have to have Favor to get into UW.

Just filling some infos...

~Val Roize Lionheart
    Last edited by Val Roize Lionheart; 23-02-2007 at 16:28.

Spiders are found in the underworld, clean the first chamber, kill dryders ,go to the revenant and take restore grenth monuments, continue to the ghost village, kill dryders take quest from second revenant, kill some angry ghosts and voila you got a lvl 20 spider ( make a search on the forums, your sure to find more detailed info on getting a spider ).

Made it with 3 heros a few times, but if you want a faster and secure method just ask a friend to bring his heros along and it's no big deal getting one.

ps. you can access uw from all versions of the game ( prophecies = temple of ages ; factions = zin ku corridor ; nighfall = chantry of secrets )
    Last edited by sequel; 23-02-2007 at 16:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Fay Vert View Post
    levelling a pet from 5 to 10 is very little hassle, and can be done while they are dead too.
    Pets gain xp while dead? :o

Quote Originally Posted by supermanboy View Post
    Pets gain xp while dead? :o
    Yep, gotta love that one huh?