PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

For the Sins who don't use SP burst sin in PVP?

When you guys pvp what build do you use? I have been playing a SP build and love the spike but it does have it's holes and if you get blinded or KD your combo is shot and your stuck /dance for 20 secs which sux. What build do you guys use that is effective and grants some surviveability? Thanks...

Depends really but right now I enjoy running Moebius Strike + Death Blossom as the 'main' part of the attack and depending on the role build around that.

I've also used Moebius-DB, but with a ritualist secondary to add in splinter weapon (35 AoE damage for the next 4 attacks, SW recharges in 5 seconds). Jagged->Exhausting Assualt (1/2 second dual interrupt and gives exhaustion? sure!)->moebius->DB->moebius->DB. Despite the look of it, anyone around my main target ended up with alot of armor ignoring damage in a short amount of time (~75 damage per splintered death blossom AoE hit.)

Source of healing was rather slim though (only had the weapon spell that lets you steal health for next X hits, 10 second recharge).

But at the moment I've been using my AoD build (check the thread lower down entitled AoD build for my build which I posted in there).

Hex breaker Sin

A/Me
    Dagger mastery 15 (11+1+3)
    Critical strike 9 (8+1)
    Shadow arts 9 (8+1)
    Deadly arts 9 (8+1)
    Domination 4

Siphon Speed
    Black lotus
    Death blossom
    Impale
    Moebius Strike
    Hex breaker
    Feigned neutrality (whatever)
    Rez (expose defense if not needed)

This build is kinda fun and saved my *** countless times against mesmers, necros, shadow prison, etc. This is my favorite Sin build until now, heeh. It can take some time until you got hex breaker timing though...

I really like mobility as a sin. Just doesn't feel right running towards a target and telling them, "hey i'm coming after you!!!! get ready!!!".

Hex breaker, siphon speed sins are deadly though. I just don't find them very fun to play.

I reccomend AOD as an elite if you dont like shadow prison.

Well, A build I use in RA:

+5e Silencing Sai

Feigned neutrality
    Leaping Mantis
    Temple strike
    Wild Strike/ Fox fangs
    Blades of steel
    Shadow Walk
    Hex Breaker (Cancel stance + a small defence Vs necros and SP)
    Res

a Pretty simple, but effective build to play.

A Gaurdian
    i got something i alwasy use in ra

plz have 30 nrg though

Aura of D
    Mark of Instability
    Black Lotus strike
    Twisting
    Spider
    Blades of steel/horns of the ox
    shado ref
    res sig

it has 2 knowckdowns so it usually kills all monks..knocking down monks beats speed. I also don't have nf

Won a couple of matches with this 1

A/N

Dagger: 14(+3+1)
    Shadow: 7(+1)
    Deadly: 7(+1)
    Critical: 13(+1)
    Curses: 0

Parasitic Bond
    Black Lotus Strike
    Black Spider Syrike
    Death Blossom
    Impale
    Feigned Neutrality
    Aura of Displacement[E]
    Res

Works like this:
    Para Bond -> AoD -> BLS -> DB -> Impale -> BSS -> DB

^
    without a snare or KD or speed boost thats not effective on a complete moron

I recommend moebius strike, shattering assault, temple strike or Dark Apostasy for RA if you don't want to use SP.