PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Paragon Title Track Thread

Well, basically, I made this thread for 2 reasons:

1) To breathe some life into the Paragon Forum.
    2) To give encouragement to those currently attempting to snag a title, and to congratulate those who have already achieved their goal.

Ah, and there's always gotta be rules. I'll just save Auntie the trouble and quote her:
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie I
    My only other request is that whomever posts in the thread crop the screenie so that it isn't huge. I won't delete/edit or change it if it is. It's just that big pictures that stretch the thread, make the entire page a pain in the butt to read on most monitors. You have to scroll back and forth to see it all and that can really be a pain on a smallish monitor.

Other than that, I'd suggest the major titles, Survivor, Protector, Explorer, Kind of a big deal as good ideas to display.

I dunno about the Title and Experience panel. Some folks may not want to display some of the information thats available there. At a minimum, we need a picture of the character with the title in question displayed. Of course you can do that by just clicking on your own name in the Party Panel and then cropping the screenie so that only the character is shown. Open panels can be extra.

Just a word on caution for anyone posting screenies anywhere here. Be careful with posting pictures with other peoples in game names shown. As a general rule they should be removed from the picture by either blacking them out or cropping the Party window out of the shot. For privacy reasons we can't allow you to post other peoples IGN's with out their permission.
    So, in a nutshell:

1) I DO NOT WANT TO SEE YOUR MAD PHOTOSHOP ABILITIES. Just the title that you've gotten/are on the way to get + your picture/IGN will be enough.

2) Don't post humongous screenshots.

3) Don't post easily gotten titles such as Sunspear or Lightbringer. High levels of those are alright, Castellan takes a bit of work, as does LB 3/4 onwards.

4) Black out other IGNs in your screenshots.

5) IMO, insane amounts of experience should count as a Title. You may post your experience if it is beyond 500,000.

I'll start with my Paragon, Dez Iotyx:(Forgive my crappy graphics card+uber MS Paint skillz)

Took it kinda slow with this guy, since I decided to bring my Necro through NF with him. So what I basically do is get on my Necro, beat a mission or two, do a couple quests, then switch to my Paragon and do those same missions/quests. That way, I know what to expect and remember any 1-hit-KO traps and such. Haven't capped many elites with him, I'm gonna try and hit Survivor L2 before I go on capping runs.

Good luck with your aspiring titles guys, and have fun!
    Last edited by Auntie I; 24-02-2007 at 14:27. Reason: Adding stuff for Original Poster

Nicely done, Fownkamownkay. I look forward to seeing everyones submissions.

Well here is mine... my Paragon Elia recently earned Protector of Cantha, rounding the Protector titles on all campaigns. Protector and Skill Hunter are my favorite titles to work on...

Instead of cropping I just post a thumbnail that links to a bigger picture, hope that is acceptable.

EDIT: I'm also interested in Spearmarshal or higher (seems so fitting on a Paragon!). But I'm not holding my breath; it has been 3+ months and nothing except a new max title which is even more unobtainable.
    Last edited by Dawn Stormborn; 24-02-2007 at 16:51.

Legendary Guardian, Legendary Skill Hunter, blog
    Member of Sacred Forge Knights [SFK]

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie
    Nicely done, Fownkamownkay. I look forward to seeing everyones submissions.
    Thankya! Oh, and you can just call me FM or something, typing my whole name out sure is a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Stormborn
    Instead of cropping I just post a thumbnail that links to a bigger picture, hope that is acceptable.

EDIT: I'm also interested in Spearmarshal or higher (seems so fitting on a Paragon!). But I'm not holding my breath; it has been 3+ months and nothing except a new max title which is even more unobtainable.
    Yup, thumbnails are cool. And yeah, Spearmarshal DOES seem pretty fitting on a Paragon, huh? I wonder when they are gonna bring the max level of that out..

GJ on the 3 Protectors, only two more max titles (I'd go for GMC Cantha+Elona) and you're at KoaBD!

Just completed the Factions missions to get a fourth title for my paragon, Song to the Siren:

and the obligatory wings pic

I am working on getting gladiator title for my paragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Roberts View Post
    I am working on getting gladiator title for my paragon.
    u do know gladiator title is account wide, so it's not specific to just your paragon

Quote Originally Posted by Nylock
    and the obligatory wings pic
    Haha, yeah. Can't get enough of those wings, can we?

Nice titles! You gonna work on Elona GMC next I'm guessing?

Quote Originally Posted by Fownkaymownkay View Post
    Haha, yeah. Can't get enough of those wings, can we?

Nice titles! You gonna work on Elona GMC next I'm guessing?
    Probably - I've already done it once on my mesmer so I know what's involved. If only it didn't include that pacman game in desolation

I got Legendary Survivor on my Paragon.