PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Legendary Mesmer of Ascalon

Meh, Decided to give Legendary Defender of Ascalon a go, this is how far I am atm.

Any tips for soloing the Charr appreciated, as I'm nearing the level at which I can only kill Charr bosses themselves for XP..

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    I'd pick up a secondary, personally.

Even if you don't ever complete the quest (saving the XP for later) you can get a couple of skills to help fill that skill bar.

In general, though, my monk started to solo the Charr by hiding. That is, get behind something where you can cast non line-of-sight spells and kill them. They'll be able to cast their non-line of sight spells too, of course, but the Hunters (rangers) will do no damage -- and they tend to do quite a bit with Ignite Arrows and Dual Shot.

From about level 8 to level 12 or so, my monk was Mo/sorta-Ele. That is, I'd done the quest to get Glyph of Lesser Energy and Firestorm (and Aura of Restoration, although I never used it) but didn't say "yarr, I wants to be an Ele." The Firestorm wasn't a huge bit of extra damage, but it was extra damage... and the bonus is that it's not line-of-sight.

Obviously the hiding thing doesn't work so well against the Axe Fiends and Blade Storms, so you'd have to pay attention to that.

Axe Fiends and Blade Storms are no problem for me, Empathy takes care of that,
    The only problem I have is with Shamans and Hunters, I just lack the firepower to kill 2 Shamans at the same time without them healing themselves, and I often can't find a hill or rock to hide behind when killing Hunters..

And unlike warriors, Ashen Claw and Chaots have almost no effect on me besides wanding and the minor Energy Burns..

Meh, I'll try to get a monk or ele secundary and practice some more.

What exactly is Legendary Defender of Ascalon? I've never heard of the title before.

get to level 20 in pre

Quote Originally Posted by Adwin View Post
    What exactly is Legendary Defender of Ascalon? I've never heard of the title before.

actually ive always loved to be a ranger secondary in pre - just for the pet.
    one more target for the charr to attack.

Quote Originally Posted by upier View Post
    actually ive always loved to be a ranger secondary in pre - just for the pet.
    one more target for the charr to attack.
    You should try getting a Bear pet in Pre-searing, It's quite difficult I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeronage View Post
    You should try getting a Bear pet in Pre-searing, It's quite difficult I've heard.
    its quite easy if you have a friend to do the running :)

Here mine.

Just PM IG and I'll show you how to pull, where to hide ect. It's pretty easy once you know where.