PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member

Gaile? How the hell?

As we know Gaile Gray posted a new topic saying what we tought about the Second Year Birthday gift...

After seeing the replys on here and in guru, everybody do not want mini-pets, they want something new and original and customized. And i agree..

But Gaile wrote this: "The popular choice for a special second-year birthday gift seems to be a new set of miniatures."

How can a dev of Guild Wars make such a biased opinion? How the hell?

After seeing the replys, i guess that is what Gaile wants, not us.

So, Miss Gaile, any explanation for what you wrote? Mistake or forcing everybody to put a list of minipets?
    That, was not cool. Thank you so much for giving such an opinion without ask us 2 year players what we want before saying "The popular choice".
    We are here in the begining always suporting you guys, i tought we deserved more.

Bye...

"The popular choice for a special second-year birthday gift seems to be a new set of miniatures."

That dosen't say everyone wants it, it says most people do. Which judging by the thread is true.

If you look at the poll its is quite obvious people do not want yet another miniature.

Polls are more reliable than posts, not everyone cares to post, more are willing to just vote.

"Due to this thread, the 2nd year Birthday present is char deletion."

Be thankful for what you get, who says you deserve something special just for turning up early? And tbh, I think that most of the suggestions people have made are either imbalanced (more storage), or awful ("make ur chars fly round in towns lol"). Mini-pets are a safe option that work well, and I like them.

GWOnline.Net Member Zilken Zatin's Avatar
    Dont forget .. GG doesnt only use those to forums to get her info
    added to that that these forums only represent a small part of the user base

As Ive said before I like the idea of a 2nd generation of minipets and would LOVE a mini Grenth or Wraith
    HOWEVER
    what I want even more is more storage and I dont personally believe that should be a "present" .....its gone past that now...

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Yes, from what I read of the thread posted here, the majority of the people stated they wanted new minipets.

True, there were some that didn't. But do you over-ride what the majority of what people want?

And there are many, many more fansites besides this one and Guru and I'm sure there were like threads started on them as well.

So, unless you gone to each site, read each thread, counted all those posts in favor of and all those post against and posted the results here to back up your statements, then I don't think you have any business calling Gaile out.

And while it may be easier to click on a poll, unless you follow up with suggestions what good is it? That's the problem with a poll, it's too easy to click and do nothing else. Not to mention that as of this post, there are only 105 votes total and only 23 posts in the poll thread.
    Last edited by Mawgleah; 01-03-2007 at 12:36.
    GWOnline Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Flameheart View Post
    "Due to this thread, the 2nd year Birthday present is char deletion."

Be thankful for what you get, who says you deserve something special just for turning up early? And tbh, I think that most of the suggestions people have made are either imbalanced (more storage), or awful ("make ur chars fly round in towns lol"). Mini-pets are a safe option that work well, and I like them.
    I don't think being thankful is a great solution to current issues although that's often what we have to put up with.

Why is more storage imbalanced? I personally don't think that it is in any way and I am actually suprised to hear a player actively refuse something that might benefit them. Is there something I've missed out on here to make it imbalanced?

Minipets are definately the safe boring option. I gotta admit though I do like them - especially Mini-Rurik! And sadly yes, most of the opinions on the thread are naff but that will happen when you get a open to the public suggestion thread.

However this then gives GW the justification to say we're not changing something because YOU didn't suggest anything good or worthwhile. From a lot of Gaile's responses there seems to be a growing attitude that we should somehow be responsible for the state of the game when in reality there is very little we can do about it.

Besides, why should we suggest anything at all if they're not going to act on it? GW make the game, not us. They decide what they want in their game, not us. It's correct to say that we should be happy with what we get but does that make it a better game if they don't give us what WE actually want?

If the consensus says 'less minipets, give us something new' then surely it's best to give us something new rather than make do.

Sure

Quote Originally Posted by TiNkLeR View Post
    After seeing the replys on here and in guru, everybody do not want mini-pets, they want something new and original and customized.
    So everyone is 53% of the votes in the poll? Because that's how many people voted on "something new and customized".

Does anyone else see the irony of this poster complaining about a biased statement?

EDIT: I would also like to point how the Gaile post the OP quoted came before the entire discussion on whether people want a new mini pet or not, in a time when Gaile was simply commenting what felt to be true. The fact that she also did so in the beginning of a topic that, well, asks for suggestions about the second year minipet makes the whole "Oh noes, Arena Net didn't ask us!" point the OP tries to make a bit moot.

Erasculio
    Last edited by Erasculio; 01-03-2007 at 13:04.

oh yay! another *****y thread! got an issue? then go play WOW.

i hav always thought anet have done the best they can for us. sure i disagee sometimes but still its for the best in the long run. i have read the posts aswell and can see the majority do want mini pet. so gailes not wrong at all. i suggest u leave gaile alone becasue shes only doing her job and is damn good at it.

wisper

Edit: it is rather ironic
    Last edited by the forests wisper; 01-03-2007 at 13:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Erasculio View Post
    Does anyone else see the irony of this poster complaining about a biased statement?
    I was going to comment, but it's easier just to quote you.