PC Gaming News
Page 43 of 106 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member
    Eye of the North brings a conclusion what happened in Tyria after Guild Wars: Prophecies ended, and as such - is 100% oriented towards games with characters of maximum level. We know GW gamers want the numbers, so here they are: 18 new multi-level dungeons, 40 new armour sets, 10 new Heroes and massive 150 new skills, out of which 50 belong only to PvE (Player versus Enviroment).
    If that all turns out to be true, that's me sold on it right away already. 'Original' GW (i.e. chapter 1) never got a proper, proper ending, and a lot of stuff was glossed over, and neither Factions nor Nightfall made even the slightest attempt to fix this, which has been a shame since chapter 1 is still, in my view, by far the superior of the three chapters in terms of general plot and design; I've been wanting a proper ending to it since pretty much two weeks after it was first launched, but as time has gone by and the prospect of such a thing has looked bleak, I'd given up on the idea. This gives me new hope though.
    And 40 new armour sets, exclusive PvE-only skills (i.e. no more god-forsaken PvP-biased balancing, at least for a third of skills)? I'm sold.

Anet; even if this report isn't true and your current plans for Ch4 are entirely different; scrap whatever you're working on now, and make this.

This game will be set several hundred years after GW: Prophecies and Eye of the North, but the main drool factor will be zone-wide events (read, open war in DaoC and Alterac Valley style), combined with refined control system, oriented for action and ease of use. Playable races include Humans, Charr, Norns, Asurians and Sylvarians. Level cap is set, but it is not known at the time, while characters will now progress through the game in a more sensitive way.
    Again, I'm sold already. If it isn't actually true, ANet, make it so.

I am kinda hoping against playable races in GW2 just so we are spared any chance of Furry art showing up everywhere I search "Guild Wars"

also as someone on guru said, maybe Utopia is the name of GW2 instead of the next chapter/expansion?!
    Last edited by WingspanTT; 05-03-2007 at 23:39.
    ULGG Officer
    IGNs: Zala Kimbazi (Mesmer), Kiith Arts (Ranger), Reticent Druhn (Ritualist)
    Currently, "Wingspan > thread" has 4 votes. Agree with WiNG? Use the quote!
    Watch my video if you enjoy laughing! || Play this build if you are 1337

Quote Originally Posted by King Kull View Post
    Well, Eye of the North is registered.

http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forum...3&postcount=78

Your arguments why this is all BS are, btw, BS.
    That was only one point, not all my arguments. My other points are completely valid.

Yes, apparently my whois site is wrong. Which worries me because it's the same one my company uses. If they are that out of date, I think we need to switch

I still think it's one of two things. Complete BS built on hearsay and rumors, or a complete violation of an NDC somewhere and somebody is going to get the axe.

My vote is still on complete BS

Quote Originally Posted by glitched View Post
    I may be in partial shock at the moment. This is going to be either really really good or really really REALLY bad!

No new profs
    last chapter
    GW2

Really, it seems as though they aren't trying to keep Guild Wars as Guild Wars. It has never had a dependent chapter. It has never not had new professions. It has never had such a lack of skills and armor. I think it is the lowest number of missions. Also, have you noticed it is taking longer than the other chapters? More wait for less stuff.

Also, Guild Wars 2 needs to lose the name. I don't want to see Guild Wars in it. It has never been about races or open pvp.

I'm leaning more towards the really bad.
    I agree, a mix of shock and disapointment if it is all true.

Mathos Ragnar
    I don't trust this, i won't believe any of this until it has been officially stated by NCSoft and ANET.

Registry of eyeofthenorth.org? I don't even know if they could even do that, as they are not a non-profit business.

Anyway, if you check out the DNS WHOIS entries for their actual games...
    Quote Originally Posted by WHOIS
    Domain Name: GUILDWARS.COM
    Registrar: COMPUTER SERVICES LANGENBACH GMBH DBA JOKER.COM
    Whois Server: whois.joker.com
    Referral URL: http://www.joker.com
    Name Server: NCDNS01.NCAUSTIN.COM
    Name Server: NCDNS02.NCAUSTIN.COM
    Updated Date: 01-feb-2006
    Creation Date: 14-aug-2000
    Expiration Date: 14-aug-2010
    Quote Originally Posted by WHOIS
    Domain Name: GUILDWARSFACTIONS.COM
    Registrar: COMPUTER SERVICES LANGENBACH GMBH DBA JOKER.COM
    Whois Server: whois.joker.com
    Referral URL: http://www.joker.com
    Name Server: NCDNS01.NCAUSTIN.COM
    Name Server: NCDNS02.NCAUSTIN.COM
    Updated Date: 08-feb-2006
    Creation Date: 15-dec-2005
    Expiration Date: 15-dec-2010
    It's registered under a different name with a different nameservers and a different registrar. I think someone went to such lengths to back this rumor that they ultimately have shown it to be false.
    Perhaps the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others...

A proud returning member of the Order of Dii
    Phaeax Of Dii (Tyrian Me/N) Alennia The Precise (Tyrian W/E) Arceloph The True (Tyrian Mo/P)
    Astraea The Swift (Canthan R/A) Sans Gravitas (Canthan Rt/N) Cryphaestus Dii (Elonian D/Me)
    Jenova Sans Seraph (Genesis E/D) Conjure Blame (PvP)

Quote Originally Posted by JayyDestroyer View Post
    Hmm... Was looking around on "Worthplaying", and there seems to be this screenshot in the GW directory.

Concept art? Or is this what GW2 will look like?
    That is from the game Crysis, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crysis, when the island freezes over, it has nothing to do with Guild Wars.

The guys over at WorthPlaying have managed to get their hands on a bunch of new Crysis screens. Their is still no word on the official release date and the fact if this awsome game is going to be available for the XboX 360. Meanwhile we have to settle with these stunning screens.
    http://www.gamersnation.co.uk/Core/a...reenshots.html
    Last edited by grim two; 05-03-2007 at 23:50.

looks cool if it true

Smile Here's a bit of info for you

Just a quick word to let you know that we haven't made any official announcements about Guild Wars in, oh, a couple of months. Sure, there's a little *ahem* info circulating this week. But you guys know the drill: Until we say it, it's not official. I can tell you that some of what you've read is right, some of it is wrong, and quite a bit of it is misleading. Unfortunately, we can't offer a fact check quite yet.

The good news is that the top game publications in Europe and the U.S. are preparing feature articles with major Guild Wars news -- I wasn't joking when I said a few days ago that I think it'll knock your socks off. In the U.S., PC Gamer will begin delivery of the May issue to subscribers on March 15, and it will be on newsstands on April 3. European magazines, including Joystick in France, PC Zone in the U.K., PC GamePlay in Benelux, Games Machine in Italy, and PC Gamer in Germany, will reach subscribers and newsstands before the end of March.

Knowing you guys, no matter where you're located, you'll be sharing the info from your regional magazines, and that's great. I want to make sure that I let you know, this isn't some small feature -- I would boldly say that any Guild Wars player would want to buy one of these magazines, subscriber or not! In part this is because they'll offer great articles with a lot of cool info. In part it's because the magazines will give you the chance to adopt your very own exclusive new miniature. Check our website for more info tomorrow!
    Gaile Gray
    Community Relations Manager
    ArenaNet

GWOnline.Net Member
    it's weird how people see so many negatives. I guess I'm the weird one out in liking changes, and most people are the conservative type.

races in GW2 - I see many people complaining and I don't get it. it certainly won't change much, maybe offer some more diversity and a world that makes more sense (i.e. monsters have a society they don't raise an army out of thin air). as for that being WoW-like, WoW didn't invent anything in fantasy so don't even say it.

an after story for GW1 - this is a good idea, it's end game content people have been asking for. new heroes, and armors, a mysteriously large amount of PVE skills... this sounds like the fun BANG to let GW1 go out on.

losing your character too soon - I hate to tell you this but your character was already maxed after any chapter. there was never going to be a house, and a family, and a palace, and a city named after him or her. the baubles you collected as elite treasure were there for fun, but GW has never really supported the growth of your PC.