PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I tested this yesterday in RA and its definatley nice there. Basically I used the same thing as the first build of the OP but pump 10 Illu for Distortion instead of EFeast, making the stats 15/10/10.

After making a few adjustments from what I had originally setup, I got 3 glads in a row, so pretty happy about that. Also, it is really impressive sometimes. IE:
    -Hit 5 targets for 120 dmg in RA yesterday.
    -Faced 3 sins and a monk in TA this morning (w/ a no monk RA team) and asked everyone to ball up initially; they all teled in, atleast 1 had AoD, and there were hexes ofcourse.

I'd probably just switch out BFire for Diversion in TA (though BFire isn't bad in 4v4 situations when you have shatter enchant); also, possibly Empathy for something depending on if we have any other hexes.

Glyph of Lesser Energy is getting nerfed this Saturday, but no too terribly.

The build should still be able to manage, but i'm thinking i'll have to give it a few spins to see if there's anything new available.

----------

Chemical Ali: Distortion sounds like it might be fun. . .

The switch from Backfire to Diversion is also more likely with the nerf to GoLE

Nice builds, but I think HEV would work better in a GvG or HA, where are more people to be effected by it. Using Unatural sig agains spirit spammers is rather clever, but I prefer psyhic distraction as an anti spirit spammer skill (The skill I've been using in RA lately, and I love it)

Quote Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
    Nice builds, but I think HEV would work better in a GvG or HA,
    In the matches that I saw, Expel Hexes was the more commonly used elite in GvG, to remove hexes, than HEV, from mesmers.

Well, I had a chance to run HEV in TA today:
    HEV
    Shatter Hex
    Shatter Enchant
    Shame
    Diversion
    Glyph o L E
    Unnatural Signet
    Ressig

We ended up w/ 19 wins b4 a little communication error on the 20th; not bad:

Our hex removal was simply my SEV and SH, and Holy Veil on the monk.

Really loving Hex Eater Vortex.

Great Recharge

Great Damage

Hex Removing

Great Cast Speed

Energy Managable

Quote Originally Posted by Thao View Post
    Really loving Hex Eater Vortex.

Great Recharge

Great Damage

Hex Removing

Great Cast Speed

Energy Managable
    = will prob get a huge nerf due to the pansies in this game crying about it(who havent got mesmers) so yet another char being nerfed to buggery

I've really only learnt to appreciate Hex Eater Vortex (in PvE) since the introduction of hard mode, where hexes are more common. I like HEV's cost, recharge, and damage, but I especially like it's back-door enchantment removal. It just might be my favourite mesmer elite.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSpirit View Post
    In the matches that I saw, Expel Hexes was the more commonly used elite in GvG, to remove hexes, than HEV, from mesmers.
    expel is much more common on an non-mes, something like a paragon; but hex eater vortex is common on mesers b/c people like to run a lot of water hexes.

The reason why HEV isn't used in competitive GvG is because most hexes are covered (Parasitic Bond, Rust). Expel Hexes on the other hand, can remove stacked hexes.

If you can follow HEV up with Shatter Hex, I guess that would be okay.