PC Gaming News

What to look for in weaponry?

Well after traversing the desert sands and poisonous wastes with an Elementalist and Necromancer, I'm finally getting around to making a "true" Nightfall character and thought I'd take a stab (pun intended) at a Paragon.

My question is, what should I look for in a Spear in terms of its mods?

Glancing quick at the class' skill list it seems like Furious may be a good choice (since they have a fair amount of adrenal skills). Anyhow, what do you guys that have Paragons look for in Spears, and is there a "Green" weapon that may be a better choice above all?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

I think vampiric, sundering, or furious would be the best choice... Sundering and furious are no risk, and if you're lucky, can do some nice damage. Vampiric... because it's vampiric.

Zealous, in my opinion, isn't needed as much, because with a big enough team, a Paragon shouldn't have much trouble keeping his/her energy up.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Furious and Sundering would be my choices for prefixes (the latter more so if you intend to be a Spearagon).

For suffixes, you already have pretty good armor as a Paragon, so Fortitude is the optimal choice.

For inscriptions, if you intend on going the Spearagon route, 15>50 is probably the most versatile mod. However, it won't hurt to have a +5 energy spear for the occasions when you run a build that has some big energy-hungry skills.

In terms of greens, the two spears which match the criteria I just listed are the Prayer of the Forgotten (10/10 Furious, +5 energy, +30 health) and the Courage of the Forgotten (20/20 Sundering, 15%>50, +30 health). Unfortunately, both are end-game greens, so if you really want them early, you'll have to buy them from another player.
    Last edited by Zaxares; 12-03-2007 at 07:57.
    In the end, all we have are the stories we can tell. And, if we are fortunate, somebody who will listen. - sylara{Z}
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Zainol the Tainted (N/E) - Brianna Halwind (Mo/Me) - Sir Belidan of Ri (W/R) - Kazumi Ranzou (A/Rt) - Khaemhet Rekhotep (P/D)

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWO
    Furious for general usage, elemental mods for exploiting mob weaknesses...

Prayer of the Forgotten is a really good choice if you can pick one of the end-game rewards, but any furious spear should do.

With a paragon, a zealous mod seems a bit silly, since you will regain energy much faster through leadership and shouts than you would with IAS + a zealous mod.

A vampiric spearhead might work - I have a vampiric spear myself, but I rarely use it. I prefer the furious one... But - the life stealing damage is armor ignoring so it might be useful against warriors or other paragons.

Thanks for the feedback. Gives me something to think about.

I probably should have clarified, but I pretty much stick to PvE. I occasionally play some RA if I have the itch, but by and large I don't care for PvP that much.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowhand View Post
    A vampiric spearhead might work - I have a vampiric spear myself, but I rarely use it. I prefer the furious one... But - the life stealing damage is armor ignoring so it might be useful against warriors or other paragons.

Against warriors you want elemental. Vampiric is physical (unless greater conflagration is up) warriors have 100al vs physical always.
    Warriors have between 80-100 al vs elemental so elemental wins.

20al less is an increase in damage of at least 25-30+%

Vampiric will go through armor ...