PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

What do YOU Collect?

I'm sure everyone likes to collect things in Guild Wars, just like the NPC collectors. I collect Silver Bullion Coins (btw I will buy/take any ones you don't want).

What do you all collect?

mostly crafting materials, i'm a hoarder of those. which comes in handy when you have baby chars (although WTF is with not having material storage off the bat in tyria?? OMG)

otherwise, if its something i'll be needing for a quest as a new char, then ill lock it away. i've got drake fleshs, iboga flowers, etc. elonan stuff.
    my monk mule has all my hats/minis and a whole bag full of... bags. because when i killed off old chars i didnt play, *ok, not so old*, i'd loot them first. :D

Crafting materials. I never seem to have what I need when a character needs armour, so I started to hoard every type of material that dropped for me or I could salvage. I'm also collecting mandragor roots because I want to get the sweet tooth title without buying anything so it's festival prizes and mandragor root cake all the way!

Crafting Materials and dyes.

I tend to fund most of my sister's armor as well as my own, so I can go thru a stack pretty quickly. *weep* And, alas, leaves me short on money, so I have started to farm now lol.

I also like flowers. :) I hold onto them cuz they make me smile =D

Crafting materials, dye and Naga Hides.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Hmmm....

Crafting Material (I keep 5 stacks of the four most used materials, hide, cloth, bones and iron).
    Dyes

and....

every single collectable you can find in the game... This takes some mules (as you'd expect), 4 are now fully filled with collectables... You want it? I most likely got it...
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered1,000 Posts
    Crafting materials, dyes, red iris flowers, black pearls.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran6 months registered5000 Experience Points
    Silver and gold bullions, MIni-pets, green shields.
    I also have a lot of dyes and materials but I don't consider that collecting.

I personally collected dye since the very first day. I've never sold a dye, nor ever bought a dye. I've found around 30 black dyes in all, though most of those have been applied to armor. I've actually made complete stacks of some colors, but I work my way through them by never using less than 4 dyes every time I dye something. Recently I gave quite a few away though, I got the last set of prestige armor I needed for my characters, and dye became something I wouldn't have much use for, at least until the next expansion.

I think the most costly color I have ever made an armor was black+black+green (the only one I used 3 on, an extra green looked too dull, and an extra black too dark), on all 5 armor pieces of my dervish. I found that to be quite a good look on primeval armor, dark but not jet black with no detail. Guess I can't say it was costly really, since I've never paid for any dye, but the dye at market value was worth more than the armor.

Can't say I'm quirky in any other way and collect odd things. I think space is at such a premium that it deters a little from that. Maybe if magic cow bells were collectible I'd collect those, gotta have more cow bell!

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Climatise View Post
    I personally collected dye since the very first day. I've never sold a dye, nor ever bought a dye. I've found around 30 black dyes in all, though most of those have been applied to armor. I've actually made complete stacks of some colors, but I work my way through them by never using less than 4 dyes every time I dye something. Recently I gave quite a few away though, I got the last set of prestige armor I needed for my characters, and dye became something I wouldn't have much use for, at least until the next expansion.

I think the most costly color I have ever made an armor was black+black+green (the only one I used 3 on, an extra green looked too dull, and an extra black too dark), on all 5 armor pieces of my dervish. I found that to be quite a good look on primeval armor, dark but not jet black with no detail. Guess I can't say it was costly really, since I've never paid for any dye, but the dye at market value was worth more than the armor.

Can't say I'm quirky in any other way and collect odd things. I think space is at such a premium that it deters a little from that. Maybe if magic cow bells were collectible I'd collect those, gotta have more cow bell!
    Actually, black is the only one missing from my collection. And I did buy a white. Never found a white dye and only 3 blacks (total). The other colours (except brown, which hasn't been around that long and yellow, which doesn't drop that much), I've stacks of around 40.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)