PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vizunah Square

Vizunah Square

Now before someone gets upset with me for making a thread in Community about a specific Factions mission, hear me out.

I currently have a Canthan Assassin, an Elonian Paragon and Mesmer, and Tyrian Elementalist and Necromancer, who are ALL stuck on this mission. I suspect I know why. When I started to create this thread I was going to do it in the Factions PvE forum but didn't because I saw that only 1 person was currently viewing that forum. Clearly no one starts Canthan Characters any more.

There are so few people actually creating new Canthan characters that the mission fails 9 times out of 10 because the hench team lets Togo die, so making a team in Foreign Quarter doesn't work.

On the flip side, my Assassin can't find a group to play with.

I'm not sure what the best solution to this is but I know that I'm unbelievably frustrated that my Necro can't get through to capture Flesh Golem, and my Mes can never get through to capture Psychic Distraction.

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Derrik Wovenwood; 15-03-2007 at 19:03. Reason: corrected spelling and clarified.

GWOnline.Net Member
    My advice is to keep retrying until you get a full NPC team to the otehr side. That way you don't get henchmen running around like headless chicken. I actually got a masters with my Tyrian monk not too long ago, with just heroes & henchmen...as long as you don't get a team of 1 player, rest henchies, it should be easy...

Trust me, there are plenty of people coming through in local quater, and I'm not aware of the hench letting Togo die, maybe if you are very slow meeting up? But either way, as this fafilure cause is right at the start of the mission, you can just re-start, having only lost a few minutes.

I think many people prefer an all hench ally team.

Same here, I did it with all hench and heroes and all AI on the other side and got masters

GWOnline.Net Member
    Henchmen mostly do a good job at keeping Togo alive, so keep trying, and you should get through.

Another thing to be careful about is all the henchmen dying on the other team. If the all henchmen group starts dying quickly, focus any defensive skills you have on a healer henchman, and try to keep it alive long enough for resurrections to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn Wolfen View Post
    My advice is to keep retrying until you get a full NPC team to the otehr side. That way you don't get henchmen running around like headless chicken. I actually got a masters with my Tyrian monk not too long ago, with just heroes & henchmen...as long as you don't get a team of 1 player, rest henchies, it should be easy...
    I agree, I have gone through there with a Tyrian Ele, Monk, and Ranger and an Elonian Ranger. Masters on all with all henchies on both teams.

The only times I have ever failed the mission was because of players on the other team letting Togo die. The henchies have never let him die, not a single time yet for me.

I used heros and hench with a NPC ally team to get masters on my mesmer for this mission. I have not yet had the problem of the hench letting Togo die before I get there.

However, we don't know how long you were taking to get to them so that may be a reason.

Thanks to you all for your suggestions, but that's exactly what I've been doing and I still fail every time. *dies a little inside*

I feel like a complete moron.

GWOnline.Net Member
    My problem, back a few months ago when I tried it and nobody was showing up from local, was that the henchmen with Togo would come sprinting out to give me a hug and leave him to die. Very comical to watch, but not so good for winnery. You might want to send a runner into the square to stand there and hold them. They're attracted to motion. Or at least they used to be - maybe they've gotten better (this was shortly before Nightfall release).

GWOnline.Net Member
    Ive been bringing my Ritualist and Mesmer (Elonian born )through Factions the past couple days, and everywhere I go every district is moderately full. Definitely full enough to to fill Vizunah square on both sides with foreign and local