PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thunderhead keep OMG!!!

this mission is really p-in me off! everytime i get in a group that does awsome, all the way until the last part... OMG! WE ALWAYS FALL APART. if any1 else has this problem too... i hear ya.

Are you trying to defend the gates or are you camping the stairs & the king?

Are you lighting the beacons for the bonus?

What always works for me is having your core group camp the king, have a trapper trap the stairs, have some one manning the catapults as the enemies come down the sides and then run back to help the group as they come through the gates. Your trapper can also trap the bridges above the gates for some initial damage as they move under the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironworks TDC View Post
    What always works for me is having your core group camp the king, have a trapper trap the stairs, have some one manning the catapults as the enemies come down the sides and then run back to help the group as they come through the gates. Your trapper can also trap the bridges above the gates for some initial damage as they move under the bridge.
    ^^ QFT Trappers FTW!

It's also important not to spread out so much that your monks have to run back and forth across the fort to toss heals. Camping up by the King can make this pretty much a moot point but believe me I know it's sometimes hard to resist chasing or going out to meet an enemy even though it ends up stretching the party a bit thin. Maintain awareness of where you are in relation to your teammates at all times and if you notice someone else wandering try to call them back.

As long as you stick to your game plan and stay organized even the bonus can be done with ease.

If you still need a hand and see Muaha Trollsbane (me!) online give me a shout.
    Last edited by Vitriol; 20-03-2007 at 02:56.

GWOnline.Net Member
    hmmm...believe it or not I found more success with groups fighting in the middle than camping the king....that is kill the group that comes from one side while a few players hold up the other side...1 monk at each side...then quickly help the other grp...camping the king sometimes make the mob too big to handle when they combine...

eversince rob showed me the 'bug' this mission is simply one of the most boring ones. but because i am lazy - ill take boring anytime!

tip from wiki:
    Taking the bonus of the mission might actually make the mission easier. The bonus Jade Armor and Bows will attack the fort first. If your party stands behind King Jalis in the fort, the Jades will stop on the courtyard, attacking any enemies coming in from the gates. They will easily wipe out all of the Stone Summit as they do not have infused armor. However, if you're unlucky, a group of Stone Summits may get past the Jades if the Jades are too far away from the gate. Dispatch of these groups as fast as you can and be careful not to aggro the Jades. The Jades will also kill some of the attacking Mursaat and White Mantle. When the defending Jades are wiped out, continue defending the fort with strategy A or B.

yay for foes that are hostile to everything!!

if you can fetch a healing support paragon there its also a bit easier i suppose, i have one as hero and it helps!

Quote Originally Posted by fireblast View Post
    this mission is really p-in me off! everytime i get in a group that does awsome, all the way until the last part... OMG! WE ALWAYS FALL APART. if any1 else has this problem too... i hear ya.
    Ditch the PUGs. I've done that mission solo w. henchies several times, as well as with small 2-3 people guild groups with henchies filling up the rest of the team. Just stay close to the king and kill the incoming.

The way I did it was two real people and six heroes. We split the party into two groups of four and had one group manning each gate. Whoever killed their side's enemies fastest each wave headed over to the other gate to help the other person out, keeping an eye out for the next wave on their own side. There was such a long delay between waves, and most of the enemy groups were sufficiently small, that we very easily stopped everything from getting anywhere near the stairs and the king. That might change if you go for the bonus, I don't know.

The way Ive done this since, well forever, is that in the beginning have your team defend at the middle, luring whatever comes from the gates to the middle and the blasting it. After 2 boss groups have come through the gates the team moves and goes by the king, and camps there for rest of the time, killing the mursaat and making sure that the king isnt the first thing they target. Worked for me, with both bonus and no bonus.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered1,000 Posts
    The way I've always done it is by camping the king. Now that I've discovered how the bonus actually works, I activate them, camp behind the king, wait until they are dead, and then camp the king as before.

Heroes even make it possible and easy if you're really unlucky and the mursaat boss is of the monk profession.

Oh yes... and ditch the PuGs. Every PuG contains at least one of the following:
    - leaver ("omg u suck bye")
    - leacher ("gotta go to dinner, I'll just afk, mkay")
    - Leeroy ("lets camp the kin- oh, and off he goes again")
    - non infused ("of course I'm infused (what do you mean with 'infused'?)")
    - griefer ("no bonus for u, I got the torch and I hold it hostage, nya nya nya")
    - incompetent ("my mending/healing breeze/frenzy+heal sig/death magic=12/firestorm+flare pwns them all!")

PuGs are amusing and entertaining, so every once in a while I monk for them. But if you want a mission to be done, you should just hero+hench it.