PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Several years from now...

Several years from now...

You are old and a 'veteran' in the Guild Wars Universe. Alot of the people you know are already gone...but you...you couldn't part with this world. You got nothing to do anymore either...you've seen everything and done everything. So you just hang around sitting on the storage mound in Ascalon City. Suddenly a newbie character comes up to you and say:

"Can I have 50g to open storage...pls"

How will you react?

As an old-timer, I'd most likely be deaf :)

I'd launch into a bitter harangue about how in MY day, people didn't just walk up to people and beg for money to open storage. No, in MY day, we had to EARN our money from fighting monsters. Yessiree, big, tough, scary monsters with all sorts of skills that broke the system. You ever faced down a double-damage Fireball-slinging Dredge before, boy?

Plus, we had to WALK to Droknar's Forge. None of this whole 'running' business. We walked to Droknar's uphill. In the snow. With damn wurms that chased us the whole way and never broke aggro.

So you want 50g? YOU WANT 50G?! Go out there and slay yourself a Charr, skin its body, then come back to me with the hide!

There, that's your first quest. And for your reward, I'll give you 50g.
    In the end, all we have are the stories we can tell. And, if we are fortunate, somebody who will listen. - sylara{Z}
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Zainol the Tainted (N/E) - Brianna Halwind (Mo/Me) - Sir Belidan of Ri (W/R) - Kazumi Ranzou (A/Rt) - Khaemhet Rekhotep (P/D)

I'd give him 5k for playing.

"Come with me. Let's go kill some monsters... this way, you'll get your 50gp soon enough."

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxares View Post
    I'd launch into a bitter harangue about how in MY day, people didn't just walk up to people and beg for money to open storage. No, in MY day, we had to EARN our money from fighting monsters. Yessiree, big, tough, scary monsters with all sorts of skills that broke the system. You ever faced down a double-damage Fireball-slinging Dredge before, boy?

Plus, we had to WALK to Droknar's Forge. None of this whole 'running' business. We walked to Droknar's uphill. In the snow. With damn wurms that chased us the whole way and never broke aggro.

So you want 50g? YOU WANT 50G?! Go out there and slay yourself a Charr, skin its body, then come back to me with the hide!

I liked that!

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CÚrilia View Post
    "Come with me. Let's go kill some monsters... this way, you'll get your 50gp soon enough."
    I have done that with Ascalonian newbies in need of 50g so far, so I think I'd do it with this one, too.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    First of all, I think I'd be found in LA, near the Lion's Statue, overlooking the harbour...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxares View Post

But, I'd say this would be my reaction as well...

I mean, if you just come from pre-searing and don't have 50g yet?!?!?!?!
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

"Here, you can have 50g. If you need some tips regarding the game don't hesitate to give me a whisper."

been there, done that...

Quote Originally Posted by maguskwt View Post
    You got nothing to do anymore either...you've seen everything and done everything.
    If I ever get to that point, which would take literally years, I will probably be playing something else.

Other than that, I might just take him out and quest for a while